2016 NFL Combine

nvlahos

Junior
Premium
Peter Ariz ‏@PeterAriz 45m45 minutes ago
Peter Ariz Retweeted CollegeFootball 24/7
Burns, Bush, Kamalu, Kirby, and Scott get invites to the NFL Combine #Canes #pressboxU

Pretty impressive we got 5 invites for a team that went 8-5. Once again, confirming that Golden sucked and had plenty of talent to work with

Excited to see what these guys can do at the Combine, and in the NFL with real coaching.

Burns, Bush, and Scott specifically

Advertisement
Randy/Golden era is a lot like the Bush/Obama era -- can we please wake up and find out it was just a nightmare.

Advertisement
There are some teams who are going to get Allen Hurns type steals in this draft class. We have more than a few guys who will go undrafted, get picked up in FA and really surprise coaching staffs.

Advertisement
I will forever be ****ed at the way Al Golden ruined the careers of McCord and Howard. Our two biggest commits that year outside of Duke and they both had **** to show for it. I hope they make it as UDFA and kill it in the league. I know Howard didn't turn out to be a 5* corner he was billed to be, but he was put on the **** list early and never recovered after a pretty decent sophomore year. McCord is the type of dude that is All-ACC at Clemson or Louisville or wherever. We turned our best edge rusher from the class into a bloated, slow back up linebacker. **** it.

Advertisement
Can you really blame Golden for Howard never growing into his 5 * Status?

I think all of us wanted Howard to live up to his billing, but it was 4 years of disappointment.

I think all of us wanted Howard to live up to his billing, but it was 4 years of disappointment.

We used a press man corner in an off Cover 3. We never gave him a chance to use what he was good at. Not even a look in the nickel? It's up to the coach to find a way to get their players in a position to be successful. I know TH didn't have elite measurables or speed, but they didn't do much to help him.

Are they nfl hall of famers? Thats all im saying, just because u have talent what tier talent is it. Is it vtech talent is it auburn talent? Or is it old miami talent? Because we let the old miami talent go everywhere else.

Give me the Amari Coopers and those first round talents, not giving excuses to golden because he couldnt pull first rounders regularly in sfla and thats a huge red flag for any coach coaching miami. U look at what freemans doing and what duke is doing speed is key period. MR keeps sfla elite kids home and miamis back if he doesnt then it wil fail as well. But jmo i dont see those guys as omg i need them on my nfl team, except bush which was way under utilized here.

Advertisement
Tyriq McCord career has been ruined by the old Miami coaches. He showed a bunch of promise his first 2 years here and then he wasn't a full time starter at linebacker in his senior year even when we had 3 season ending injuries at the position? That irks the **** out of me, hope he gets picked up by someone man...

We used a press man corner in an off Cover 3. We never gave him a chance to use what he was good at. Not even a look in the nickel? It's up to the coach to find a way to get their players in a position to be successful. I know TH didn't have elite measurables or speed, but they didn't do much to help him.

We are going to have to disagree on this one... Guy was NOT good in man. Heck all of his picks came in zone, his instincts should have been better in zone. He cannot run with guys in man, he gets lots of PI's. When you don't have speed or measurables, zone is your spot! And he was terrible there. He was DVD but slow, lots of dancing not lots of plays made...

Congrats to the Canes who got invites to the NFL Combine. Bring it fellas, turn heads and get notice.
To the Canes who didn't get an invite, make the most our pro day.

Advertisement
Back