2016 needs

dcornelius

Redshirt Freshman
Now that 2015 is over with what needs we have for 2016 and what prospects that could fill them, thats not already committed

Advertisement
Advertisement
Golden said he taking 5 receivers in 16 and 2 running backs, im hoping theres no more than 3 oline men, there needs to be about 5-7 dbs, need to bring in 4 d ends

Qb-1. Dt-2-3
Rb-2. De-4
Wr-5. Cb-4
Te-2. S-3
Ol-3. Lb-3 or 4

Doubt theres the space for 30 or 31 but if there is thats my breakdown

We need to get trayvon Mullen, Jamel cook, shavar Manuel, Freddie pinder, Nasir upshur, Deon mcintosh,Michael irvin jr, Brian burns, Patrick bethel, and some others. It should be a 25 man class maybe more. It needs to be quality over quantity. Can't take those camp takes this year imo

Not approaching the 2016 class with any positivity, but to answer the question...

- At least 2 QBs, both of whom need to be highly-rated recruits with future starter potential. Allison isn't enough on his own with how razor thin our depth is at the position.

- 2 RBs, at least one of whom needs to be a speed back with home run ability.

- Golden said today in his presser we could take up to 5 WRs and 2 TEs in 2016. They need to recruit as if they're expecting Bruce to decommit because there's no way that kid ends up here, no matter how many people buy into his future trolling. Try to get 3 out of 4 between Pie Young, Binjimen Victor, Freddie Pinder, or possibly Newbold to join Richards & Mullins.

- At least 3 DEs. We're not getting Shavar, so Jackson, Burns, and Bethel should be top priorities.

- Keep the LB commits and maybe add one more.

- 4 CBs, at the very least. Need multiple blue-chip stud corners after two straight cycles of failing to land premier talent at the position.

Advertisement
Not approaching the 2016 class with any positivity, but to answer the question...

- At least 2 QBs, both of whom need to be highly-rated recruits with future starter potential. Allison isn't enough on his own with how razor thin our depth is at the position.

- Golden said today in his presser we could take up to 5 WRs and 2 TEs in 2016. They need to recruit as if they're expecting Bruce to decommit because there's no way that kid ends up here, no matter how many people buy into his future trolling. Try to get 3 out of 4 between Pie Young, Binjimen Victor, Freddie Pinder, or possibly Newbold to join Richards & Mullins.

- At least 3 DEs. We're not getting Shavar, so Jackson, Burns, and Bethel should be top priorities.

- 4 CBs, at the very least. Need multiple blue-chip stud corners after two straight cycles of failing to land premier talent at the position.

This would be very good... We have a good corner at Shaq's school but he is only 5'10... ran 4.5 as a soph... made 3rd Team All-State... and was number 3 in interceptions for 7A.. Won county Defensive Player of the year ... beat Shaq out.

RBs - Lil McIntosh... and Rasul... Rasul could change his mind so we probably need to go after three or four RBs... Bruce will be a great get...but I think he is on the first thing leaving SoFL come 2016

Same with Shavar he will blow up even more now that he is at IMG... UM will be too small of a pound for him... Hope I'm wrong

Patrick Bethel will be a good get... but UM need to shower him with love starting TONIGHT... He was quick to tell me he was not committed yet...

What could be a problem - UM only wins 7 games next year.. the writing on the wall reads... THE END OF THE GOLDEN ERA... the staff's recruiting fall off(Lame Duck)... Bigger problem the new staff is low budget no name... Class will fall apart.

Potential Good thing - (Most on here don't want the hear this) UM has a **** of a season and win 11 games beat FSU win ACC then the writing on the wall reads WE ARE BACK... recruits now anxious to run through the smoke..

Advertisement
Jamel Cook, Mullen, CB from BTW (4* his name slipped from me), Bethel, Deon Mcintosh, Irvin Jr, Pie Young.

In addition to the guys already committed I think 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR (Bruce is gone imo), 2 TE (count Irvin Jr as a TE), 3-4 DL, maybe 1 LB, and another 3-4 DB.

If you take our 13 commits from now and add that it would be 28-30 man class.. But if we leave it where it's at this year with only 20 then we will have room for that. That's the best way to go imo before we go signing more worthless trash just because we can

Would love nothing more than for that to happen Uknowwhat, and if it does id be able to find positive in the staff. Nobody wants this staff to fail, or should I say I dont want them to fail, but this past season in my eyes was their opportunity to capture hope and see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Golden is going to need to have an epiphany and good for a homerun this year due to the fact he's already stacked the deck against himself having the number 1 class this early in the game and previously having the majority of his 15 class shuffled like a deck of cards. Heres to hoping 11-2 happens but wait and see mode in year 5 is tough to swallow.

Jamel Cook, Mullen, CB from BTW (4* his name slipped from me), Bethel, Deon Mcintosh, Irvin Jr, Pie Young.

In addition to the guys already committed I think 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR (Bruce is gone imo), 2 TE (count Irvin Jr as a TE), 3-4 DL, maybe 1 LB, and another 3-4 DB.

If you take our 13 commits from now and add that it would be 28-30 man class.. But if we leave it where it's at this year with only 20 then we will have room for that. That's the best way to go imo before we go signing more worthless trash just because we can

You mean DCW. And while i wont call them worthless trash i will say we are no longer at liberty to sign jags. Need studs to make things happen 16' has potential but these kids want results not dreams, and thats what it all falls to.

Advertisement
Why bother?..... If Golden stinks up the joint and they keep him its going to be just like this year. If they can him, its going to be scramble mode. It's one of those things.

I would go with the QB from D. William's school Ervin Barrett, that is a no brainer, guy can run but his accuracy is underrated. I would not take McIntosh and go in another direction. I like the Irvin kid from Louisiana and Upshur as our TEs, No room for Newbold imo, he is good but still has to prove himself, right now there's too many WR better than him, I like Stove, Nixon, Pinder, and Saloman, we need to take 6 WR in this class and anything is possible, just look at the class we have now. Add Karamo from Philly along with Caleb Roddy or Burns, Thompson, and Bethel or maybe Gary and we are set at DE. Two to three DTs out of TJ big snack London 6'4 340 from GA, Ed Alexander, Rashard Lawrence, Stephon Taylor, Glen Logan or go another route. Add Devin Bush Jr or Bradley Clement at LB, Troy Warner, Mullen, or Smith would be a good pick up at CB. Lastly at safety Nehemiah Augustus or Clifford Chattman at S. Also add quality OL no reaches.

This would be very good... We have a good corner at Shaq's school but he is only 5'10... ran 4.5 as a soph... made 3rd Team All-State... and was number 3 in interceptions for 7A.. Won county Defensive Player of the year ... beat Shaq out.

RBs - Lil McIntosh... and Rasul... Rasul could change his mind so we probably need to go after three or four RBs... Bruce will be a great get...but I think he is on the first thing leaving SoFL come 2016

Same with Shavar he will blow up even more now that he is at IMG... UM will be too small of a pound for him... Hope I'm wrong

Patrick Bethel will be a good get... but UM need to shower him with love starting TONIGHT... He was quick to tell me he was not committed yet...

What could be a problem - UM only wins 7 games next year.. the writing on the wall reads... THE END OF THE GOLDEN ERA... the staff's recruiting fall off(Lame Duck)... Bigger problem the new staff is low budget no name... Class will fall apart.

Potential Good thing - (Most on here don't want the hear this) UM has a **** of a season and win 11 games beat FSU win ACC then the writing on the wall reads WE ARE BACK... recruits now anxious to run through the smoke..

I don't want to be pessimistic all the time, but I assume the CB at your school won't be prioritized simply because of his height. The staff still hasn't offered four-star CB Dontye Carriere-Williams from Booker T, and I assume it's because he's the same height (5'10"). I disagree with their approach wholeheartedly, but unfortunately they don't seem to waver from it. Ever.

And I agree that Deon McIntosh seems like a logical target at RB. And you're right that they need to recruit others in case Rasul doesn't stick.

The pessimism most have about the 2016 class sticking together likely stems from leading the country by a considerable margin with 15 or 16 decommitments in 2015 with a class that was never really all that strong. The 2016 class has blue-chip talent across the board, so every premier program will be looking to raid it regardless of how Miami performs on the field this season.

We'll see how it plays out. Hope your son will be surrounded by as many fellow blue-chip talents as possible.

I would go with the QB from D. William's school Ervin Barrett, that is a no brainer, guy can run but his accuracy is underrated. I would not take McIntosh and go in another direction. I like the Irvin kid from Louisiana and Upshur as our TEs, No room for Newbold imo, he is good but still has to prove himself, right now there's too many WR better than him, I like Stove, Nixon, Pinder, and Saloman, we need to take 6 WR in this class and anything is possible, just look at the class we have now. Add Karamo from Philly along with Caleb Roddy or Burns, Thompson, and Bethel or maybe Gary and we are set at DE. Two to three DTs out of TJ big snack London 6'4 340 from GA, Ed Alexander, Rashard Lawrence, Stephon Taylor, Glen Logan or go another route. Add Devin Bush Jr or Bradley Clement at LB, Troy Warner, Mullen, or Smith would be a good pick up at CB. Lastly at safety Nehemiah Augustus or Clifford Chattman at S. Also add quality OL no reaches.

No disrespect but i disagree with almost everything you said. This has to just be a wishlist as many of those kids arent even remotely interested in miami. And 6 receivers taken and no room for newbold thats a stretch.

Advertisement
Back