2016 DT Keyshon Camp decommits from Canes. Canes still #1

Advertisement
Why commit in the first place if you want to keep your options open? We want CANES and if you ain't a CANE then might as well hop on the bus with Camp

I honestly believe that Golden is encouraging kids to verbal to improve his job leverage.

I've felt that same way for a while now. He uses it as a marketing tool. Getting all the 2016 kids to commit early, he hoped would create some momentum to get 2015 kids locked in (and create some positive press to help him keep his job).

Al: "don't worry, I understand you're not ready to give a 100% commitment, but since you feel positive about the program just commit to us now to show others what we're building here. If you change your mind later we won't hold it against you".

Advertisement
GOW2014_Week3_GameMVPs.jpg
Defensive tackle Keyshon Camp took to Twitter to announce his de-commitment from Miami.

I Have Decommitted From Miami To Open My Options Back Up

— Mr.Tackle4Loss (@CAMPBOI_FRESZH1) February 25, 2015

"I just talked to (Hurricanes) coach (Al) Golden and told him I'm opening up my options," Camp said. "I told him so many schools are coming at me right now and I want to explore other schools. I don't want to feel I can't because I'm committed. I have a whole year left. I want to evaluate other schools."

Camp said he's open to everyone that offers right now.

He has verbal offers from Alabama, Florida, Georgia Southern, Duke, Miami, Iowa State, Kentucky, Louisville, Marshall, Northwestern and Virginia Tech.

"Anyone that's interested in me I'm interested in them," Camp said. "I don't have any visits coming up."

Camp, a four-star recruit by 247Sports.com, said his focus is on Sunday's Nike Camp in Orlando.

He did say he mostly hears from Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky and Florida.

The three-star recruit is ranked as the nation's No. 38 defensive tackle and the No. 90 prospect in Florida in the 2016 class by 247Sports.com Composite Rankings.

http://miami.247sports.com/Bolt/Camp-de-commits-from-Miami-35861622

Can anyone expound on the DT talent Bama has put in the league since Saban has arrived? And by talent I mean gets minutes in the NFL.

Dareus in Buffalo, aside from that absolutely nothing of note

Thought of Darius as soon as I posted the question. None others I can think of. Dareus was good in college, Terrence Cody. That's about it.

Funny thing is, Dareus was a DE at Bama.

It was essentially 3 DTs back then. Saban was running his classic 3-4 with 3 2-gapping DL. With the hurry up he can't do that anymore because he can't keep those guys on the field long enough.

Why commit in the first place if you want to keep your options open? We want CANES and if you ain't a CANE then might as well hop on the bus with Camp

I honestly believe that Golden is encouraging kids to verbal to improve his job leverage.

Dude are you 2 yrs old?

What college coach doesn't encourage kids to give a verbal? If your insinuating that somehow Golden makes a deal with them knowing they are going to bolt to save his job you must have the functioning brain mass of a slug.

Another insane delusion by one of the crack heads on this board.

A_529035_530076.gif

In my best little girls voice...

Um I actually think Golden is paying these guys just so he can use their names to keep his job for 1 more month. I mean WTF? Seriously how FN stupid can you be?

I am sorry if this is your first original thought about Miami football, but FAIL! Now put that bolo down for you embarrass yourself anymore.

Again, the ncaa needs to fix this ridiculousness....offers cannot be extended until the summer between your junior and senior year, verbal commitments cannot be made until the school session begins your senior year unless they invoke an early signing period.

Quit crying.

It's not crying. It's called an opinion on the current situation of recruiting in general and an opinion on how to fix it. It gives coaches/schools the proper time to evaluate kids, allowing them to concentrate on the current cycle and signing day before moving full-time to the next cycle between Feb-June. It also allows the kids to not be overwhelmed with letters and contact early in their careers so they can focus on football, academics and just being a kid. It might also reduce the occurrences of schools accepting these early commitments and then dropping kids during their senior year because the school no longer wants them.

They will still get all the recruiting bells and whistles their senior year with home visits, schools visits, and recruiting trips....and they should still be able to attend these junior days, camps, etc.....but it removes the ridiculousness of having to recruit freshmen/sophomores and deal with all these bs commitments/de-commitment headlines all the time.

Advertisement
Rivals.com ‏@Rivals 7m7 minutes ago

Despite his de-commitment, 3-star DT Keyshon Camp still has #Canes in his top schools http://rvls.co/1KkgMDv #Bama #UF #BBN

Open to everyone. Likes Bama a lot. Not taking official visit to Miami cuz he's been there so many times. Announcing after his visits. Gone forever.

Vern never lied...

It's a 3 step process.1st de commit and still say miami leads.2nd say miami is still in my top group and 3rd never mention miami again and commit elsewhere.

Advertisement
Rivals.com ‏@Rivals 7m7 minutes ago

Despite his de-commitment, 3-star DT Keyshon Camp still has #Canes in his top schools http://rvls.co/1KkgMDv #Bama #UF #BBN

Open to everyone. Likes Bama a lot. Not taking official visit to Miami cuz he's been there so many times. Announcing after his visits. Gone forever.

Vern never lied...

It's a 3 step process.1st de commit and still say miami leads.2nd say miami is still in my top group and 3rd never mention miami again and commit elsewhere.

Sounds about right.

That's alright, there's a coal shoveler in Vermont we are all over. Maybe one of the studs from IMG's backups.

That's alright, there's a coal shoveler in Vermont we are all over. Maybe one of the studs from IMG's backups.

It's Delaware... C'mon man get it right. Everyone knows Delaware pumps out elite athletes. We just gotta fight off the Blue Hens.

Advertisement

It's Delaware... C'mon man get it right. Everyone knows Delaware pumps out elite athletes. We just gotta fight off the Blue Hens.

Doesn't matter - kid has offers from Towson State, Buffalo, Univ of New Jersey A&M, and South Alabama.

STUD!

Advertisement
Back