2016 DT Keyshon Camp decommits from Canes. Canes still #1

Advertisement
Again, the ncaa needs to fix this ridiculousness....offers cannot be extended until the summer between your junior and senior year, verbal commitments cannot be made until the school session begins your senior year unless they invoke an early signing period.

Advertisement
Again, the ncaa needs to fix this ridiculousness....offers cannot be extended until the summer between your junior and senior year, verbal commitments cannot be made until the school session begins your senior year unless they invoke an early signing period.

Quit crying.

16366611969_16e7a1b6e0_b.jpg
Now offer Aaron Thompson!

Aaron Thompson
Rivals | 247Sports | hudl
Defensive Tackle
Fort Lauderdale, FL (Dillard)
Ht: 6-3.5 | Wt: 255

2016 DL THOMPSON WOULD COMMIT IF OFFERED
by Tito Benach Follow @
Published on 05-11-2014 04:10 PM 15 Comments Comments
2016 Dillard (Fla.) defensive tackle Aaron Thompson isn’t a very large name in the South Florida high school spotlight at the moment, but he plans on changing that with this upcoming season.

“Yeah of course, I’m just trying to get out there and I’m gonna try my best this year to prove my name.”

Thompson is working with his team currently with spring football and feels the improvement and leaps the team is making.

“Spring is going great and we just played South Dade in a scrimmage game and we did very good.”

The 6’4 239 pound linemen has already racked up three offers from FIU, FAU and Pittsburgh, However, he is still receiving interest from a number of other schools.

“I’m talking to the University of Miami, Auburn, University of Florida and a whole bunch of other schools.”

The Hurricanes stand out the most to the powerful defensive tackle as he has had a passion for them ever since he was a young child.

“I’ve always the university of Miami since I was a little kid. Ray Lewis and Ed reed we’re players I liked growing up.”

While the ‘Canes have yet to offer, it wouldn’t be a difficult decision for Thompson if he ever gets one.

“It would mean a lot because it’s my dream school; I would love to go there. If Miami were to offer me I would commit right there.”

The Gators are another school that is showing interest in the Dillard product.

“I went to their camp last year and got to see the school and talk to some of their coaches.”

Thompson is looking to add interest from other schools including Florida State, Alabama and N.C State.

During the summer, the Thompson plans to attend camps at the University of Miami as well as Florida State.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Frankly, as much as a lot of you guys are getting on my nerves with the negativity and this insane need to validate some prediction you made in the past(many of you predict a de commitment about every commit right after he commits), I really am starting to believe that it's out there that a 34 defense is no place for an athletic quick DT that doesn't weigh 310 plus and that's the story he is going to get from his advisors. Forget Bama it's LSUand FSU for starters where we are losing our studs. Not sure but maybe Fl. Too. It just can't be a coincidence we have been getting killed at DT. Moten is the only four star Golden has ever brought home. The thing is the 34 is on the rise not only in college but the pro's as well. In our present system this Camp at 6-3 255 is a tweeter and thus not a big loss.

Last edited:
I don't blame him. Smart move. No DT with a brain should commit to play for our D.

Ban yourself miss!

As far as FSu... please those dudes will be back to the same bunch of bums. There isn't a J.Winston waiting behind EJ Manuel. Lol

Watch Jimbo's record over the next two years.

Frankly, as much as a lot of you guys are getting on my nerves with the negativity and this insane need to validate some prediction you made in the past(many of you predict a de commitment about every commit right after he commits), I really am starting to believe that it's out there that a 34 defense is no place for an athletic quick DT that doesn't weigh 310 plus and that's the story he is going to get from his advisors. Forget Bama it's LSUand FSU for starters where we are losing our studs. Not sure but maybe Fl. Too. It just can't be a coincidence we have been getting killed at DT. Moten is the only four star Golden has ever brought home. The thing is the 34 is on the rise not only in college but the pro's as well. In our present system this Camp at 6-3 255 is a tweeter and thus not a big loss.

Exactly!!

Why does the NFL find studs like brandon williams who went to Missouri Southern State University; Why does the PUrdue's of the world get DT's and we can't. Find me some Danny Shelton's **** that's all I am asking for.

Advertisement
6 of the 19 won't sign with UM. One down and five to go...Golden has proven this

Lol...18 commits and not one DT...

BTW, I expect a few more to decommit as I stated two weeks ago. This class will look vastly different from what it looks today...

Dead horse is being beaten by you.... It doesn't take a rocket scientist to predict that... I disagree about the "vastly" different statement...

Can anyone expound on the DT talent Bama has put in the league since Saban has arrived? And by talent I mean gets minutes in the NFL.

Can anyone expound on the DT talent Bama has put in the league since Saban has arrived? And by talent I mean gets minutes in the NFL.

There aren't any really good ones. However, they are winners when they leave Bama...and they actually get to get up field.

Advertisement

There aren't any really good ones. However, they are winners when they leave Bama...and they actually get to get up field.

Is that true? I feel like I have seen Bama's DT numbers the past few years and they don't do a whole lot in terms of sacks and TFLs. Would be interesting to see the stats of their DTs past few years.

Alabama's LBs make them hum. And playmaking Safeties.

Advertisement
Back