2016 DE Bailey has Miami among his favorites

View as article

Nash Williams

Freshman
For the past few seasons, the Miami Hurricanes have been trying to revamp their defensive line and there is no better way to do that than recruiting some of the top talents from across the state.

One of the players Miami is recruiting heavily in the 2016 recruiting cycle is Jacksonville Raines (Fla.) defensive end JaQuan Bailey.

Bailey has visited Coral Gables a few times now and he has a lot that sticks out for him.

"I mean I just like everything. I like the community, I love the brotherhood, I love the coaching staff, and when I went down there last summer, it just felt comfortable. It kind of felt like home," Bailey said.

The 6-foot-3, 240-pound rising senior holds offers from Miami, Cincinnati, Wake Forest, North Carolina, Purdue, and Marshall among others but he says he expects the in-state Florida Gators to offer next month when he goes to Gainesville for an unofficial visit.

"The coach has basically told me that they are going to offer me when I come up on the 14th they just wanted to get me on campus," said Bailey. "I remember as a kid always cheering for the 'Gators when they were playing Georgia, or Auburn, or LSU."

Bailey is excited for the offer because he has numerous connections to the school. Some of those connections include that he lives only lives a little over an hour away from the campus, his sister attended the University of Florida, and one of his current teammates at Jacksonville Raines, wide-receiver Rick Wells is committed to the Gators.

The Hurricanes might already have the edge early on in this stud's recruitment as Bailey's high school teammate and good friend Michael Pickney is a linebacker who is committed to the University of Miami. Will Pickney's commitment play a role in Bailey's?

"I mean yeah. I do have a teammate committed to Florida also but Mike and I play defense together and me and him talk so much so that would be nice," said Bailey.

Bailey also added that he will be committing to the school of his choice soon. What will it take for a school to land his services?

"I just want that the coaches keep it real with me you know. I'm paying attention to who their recruiting and who they are bringing in. Plus how they play Freshmen and then how my heart feels," said Bailey.

Former Florida Gator defensive end Dante Fowler Jr. is who Bailey would compare himself to. He finished the 2014 season with 68 tackles and 11 sacks.

Here are his highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2649142/highlights/162881377/v2

Advertisement
JaQuan Bailey ‘in Love’ With Michigan 

JGBaileyLoveUofMI.jpg

Kyle Bogenschutz

2016 Jacksonville (Fla.) Raines defensive end JaQuan Bailey is hoping to hear more from Michigan after growing up a fan of the Wolverines. Bailey looks back at his junior year and the school’s on him early.

Now nearing double digit scholarship offers, 2016 Jacksonville (Fla.) Raines defensive end JaQuan Bailey is entering a critical stage in his recruiting process.

Standing 6-foot-3, 240-pounds, Bailey is coming off a strong junior season where he says his hands and quickness of the ball took a big leap.

One school appearing to be on the verge of engaging further with Bailey is Michigan, now led by head coach Jim Harbaugh.

“I know the head coach Jim Harbaugh just followed me and the defensive coordinator did too,” Bailey said. “Usually that’s a good sign and I’ve gotten offered by schools that have done that.”

“I’m interested in them but I don’t really know too much about them at this point,” added Bailey.

Although Bailey hopes to learn more about what Michigan’s plan will be under Harbaugh and the new coaching staff, the Florida native does already have some familiarity with the program, growing up a fan of the Wolverines.

“I’m actually in love with Michigan,” Bailey said. “My second grade teacher gave me a hat and a shirt and I wore it under my jersey during every pop warner game. I actually still have it cause I gave it to my nephew.”

Closely following the NFL, Bailey’s favorite player also played for Harbaugh with the San Francisco 49ers.

“Aldon Smith is actually my favorite player and I’m a huge fan of Jim Harbaugh,” Bailey said.

Despite not taking any visits just yet, Bailey does plan to see Marshall and Wake Forest by the end of the month.

With distance from home not being an issue according to Bailey, the currently unranked pass rusher is looking for a strong bond at the next level.

“I’m actually looking for a brotherhood and looking for a very good education and a very good coaching staff,” he said.
Feb 19, 2015 | 04:47 pm

One thing I gotta give Golden a little bit of credit for: Jacksonville was off limits pretty much just before he arrived. He changed that and that's a very good thing.

Advertisement
Not gonna land every kid from Jacksonville though.

I'm ok with not getting this kid if we can get guys like Bethel, Burns, Shemar Smith, and others...

These two dade county goons say hi FOLDEN!! I feel like im taking f*cking crazy pills..

Shakur C.jpg

SM.jpg

Why even bother to recruit up North when the talent level is under your nose bra! Geez.. Did i mention they had 47 sacks combined.. Good lawd..

We lost one goon in K. thomas from central, but i wont be surprised if these two cats wont receive no love from our staff until one week before NSD. smh.

Raines is the one school in Jax that can be considered UM friendly. We could have landed Louis Nix a few years back from there if not for Shannon's incompetence.

Advertisement
What's the evaluation on Cooper and Smith are they just putting up stats against poor competition or are they actually good

I'm ok with not getting this kid if we can get guys like Bethel, Burns, Shemar Smith, and others...

Ryan Bartow echoed what was said here recently about Bethel after talking to him yesterday. His recruitment is very wide open. We don't have an inherent advantage because he's a legacy like most would like to think.

Burns is a stud too, but our track record at Heritage couldn't be much worse both in terms of missed evaluations (McKenzie and T. McFadden) and failing to land players we've prioritized for years (Michel and Gibson).

Bailey's a talented kid and I'd be happy to land him.

Advertisement

Ryan Bartow echoed what was said here recently about Bethel after talking to him yesterday. His recruitment is very wide open. We don't have an inherent advantage because he's a legacy like most would like to think.

Burns is a stud too, but our track record at Heritage couldn't be much worse both in terms of missed evaluations (McKenzie and T. McFadden) and failing to land players we've prioritized for years (Michel and Gibson).

Agreed and yeah I was talking with D$ about that and how it was mentioned here that he will be a hard pull regardless of legacy.

And while I do agree that Burns is far from a walk in the park. The peeps here who do feel as if American Heritage has a Vendetta against Miami is not true. It's been from Miami's own end.

Agreed and yeah I was talking with D$ about that and how it was mentioned here that he will be a hard pull regardless of legacy.

And while I do agree that Burns is far from a walk in the park. The peeps here who do feel as if American Heritage has a Vendetta against Miami is not true. It's been from Miami's own end.

Completely agree, re: AH and UM. That's been Miami's fault. That being said, it would still be very surprising to see us end up with any of the following: Burns, Eubanks, or Snelson.

Advertisement

Completely agree, re: AH and UM. That's been Miami's fault. That being said, it would still be very surprising to see us end up with any of the following: Burns, Eubanks, or Snelson.

Whats sad is Snelson has like 6 cousins and an uncle on the team.

I

We didn't botch smelsons crootment.. People were at AH were in his ear and wanted him out of UM

I've said before and I'll say it again, Bailey has the most explosive first step I've seen in years. He has a chance to be better than any of the others.

I

We didn't botch smelsons crootment.. People were at AH were in his ear and wanted him out of UM

Nobody at AH pushed him out. The AH rumors are all garbage. They do not have a personal vendetta against Miami.

While I expect Miami to be in the thick of it for Snelson.

The kid was all-cane as you can get having family here, being from Miami and openly rooting for Miami in the past.

Advertisement
Back