2016 class only 7 seniors left?

Jmhcane

Sophomore
Can someone run down what happened to that class? I know coaching change caused a smaller class, but 7 left?

Advertisement
We only signed 19 that class.

Joe Jackson declared for the draft
Travis Homer declared for the draft
Sam Bruce got kicked out
Dionte Mullins got kicked out/ transferred to Alabama St
Jack Allison transferred to West Va
Jovani Haskins transferred to West Va
Ahmmon Richards had an unfortunate career ending injury
Malek Young had an unfortunate career ending injury
Dayall Harris played for a season, then left
Cedrick Wright left
Jeff James left
Tre Johnson left

The only ones who are still on the team are Rome Finley, Shaq Quarterman, Mike Pinckney, Zach McCloud, Pat Bethel, Michael Irvin Jr & Tyreic Martin.

With transfers, injuries, moving on to league, failures and guys who get with the programs culture, I would take a guess this is not too far for the norm.

Sam Bruce got kicked out
Cedrick Wright left
Jeff James left
Tre Johnson left

The only ones who are still on the team are Rome Finley, Shaq Quarterman, Mike Pinckney, Zach McCloud, Pat Bethel, Michael Irvin Jr & Tyreic Martin.
thanks

Advertisement

Sam Bruce got kicked out
Cedrick Wright left
Jeff James left
Tre Johnson left

Dang, you are information gold mine.

Sam Bruce got kicked out
Cedrick Wright left
Jeff James left
Tre Johnson left

Harris played 2 seasons. Ced Jeff and tre were all “attrition” but everything else was on point

Advertisement
Harris played 2 seasons. Ced Jeff and tre were all “attrition” but everything else was on point
Technically speaking Allison, Haskins, Mullins, Tre Johnson & Dayall were all attrition too because they were all essentially pushed out.

But semantics.

Technically speaking Allison, Haskins, Mullins, Tre Johnson & Dayal were all attrition too because they were all essentially pushed out.

But semantics.
Nah I don’t think dayall was “pushed out”. We could’ve actually used him this year. Just wanted more pt. Mullins was crying about number after Ws. Haskins was a knucklehead. Jacks dad wanted to play the ole daddy ball game once his son wasn’t handed the reigns

gator2 (1).jpg

Nah I don’t think dayall was “pushed out”. We could’ve actually used him this year. Just wanted more pt. Mullins was crying about number after Ws. Haskins was a knucklehead. Jacks dad wanted to play the ole daddy ball game once his son wasn’t handed the reigns
Dayall was absolutely pushed out because he had been suspended multiple times & he wasn't playing, he graduated from Miami & was a GT to Alcorn State because he wanted more PT. Richt said it himself 👉🏾 https://collegefootballtalk.nbcspor...all-harris-taking-grad-transfer-out-of-miami/

Mullins didn't like the fact he wasn't getting the ball & not playing & he was told if you wanna go then leave. Which means he was pushed out.

Haskins problem was weed, he failed multiple drug tests & decided to transfer.
Richt said and I quote "I talked to Jovani and we both felt it was in his best interests to get a fresh start somewhere else". https://www.smokingmusket.com/2017/...virginia-university-mountaineers-wvu-football

Jack transferred because after he injured his shoulder in a live ball scrimmage he & his father felt the offense wasn't going to fit his play style & that Richt wanted a more mobile QB.

Advertisement
Dayall was absolutely pushed out because he had been suspended multiple times & he wasn't playing, he graduated from Miami & was a GT to Alcorn State because he wanted more PT. Richt said it himself 👉🏾 https://collegefootballtalk.nbcspor...all-harris-taking-grad-transfer-out-of-miami/

Mullins didn't like the fact he wasn't getting the ball & not playing & he was told if you wanna go then leave. Which means he was pushed out.

Haskins problem was weed, he failed multiple drug tests & decided to transfer.
Richt said and I quote "I talked to Jovani and we both felt it was in his best interests to get a fresh start somewhere else". https://www.smokingmusket.com/2017/...virginia-university-mountaineers-wvu-football

Jack transferred because after he injured his shoulder in a live ball scrimmage he & his father felt the offense wasn't going to fit his play style & that Richt wanted a more mobile QB.
I just read Jason Munoz flipped to Syracuse.... got any info???

This kind of attrition is exactly why we are so primed to bennefit from the portal this year. Hopefully we can stop the bleeding, but who knows.

I just read Jason Munoz flipped to Syracuse.... got any info???
It's in the thread on the recruiting board.

Stefan said that the staff mutually parted ways with him because of health reasons due to his issues with his blood-work losing a bunch of weight his senior year & felt he wouldn't be able to add on the right amount of weight while at Miami.

Advertisement

Sam Bruce got kicked out
Cedrick Wright left
Jeff James left
Tre Johnson left

Good ****** grief when you put it like that...

It's in the thread on the recruiting board.

Stefan said that the staff mutually parted ways with him because of health reasons due to his issues with his blood-work losing a bunch of weight his senior year & felt he wouldn't be able to add on the right amount of weight while at Miami.
Gotcha dude... Thanks....

Anyone know on average after 4yrs of a signing class approximately what % remain at their original university they signed their LOI with? Just curious if someone tracks that or not...thanks

Advertisement
Back