2016 CB Deion Jackson commits

is it ironic that his only other offer is temple

I'm not putting much stock into that as this kid didn't play his junior year. And I like prospects from Hallandale the same as I do for kids from schools like Carol City and Homestead area.

Advertisement
few things on Jackson, he's been raved about by SFE coaches for 2 years. Was named a top 4 defensive performer at Pylon 7 on 7 earlier this month. he has all the tools really good length, he's 6'1-6'2 really good speed and a high vert. This kids gonna blow up and will be very difficult to hang on to. High 4* prospect.

Advertisement
I've been saying for years Miami needs to recruit Hallandale so much talent especially since South Broward Hollywood Hills and other surrounding schools are having down seasons.

I've been saying for years Miami needs to recruit Hallandale so much talent especially since South Broward Hollywood Hills and other surrounding schools are having down seasons.

I still think not going after Richie cooper was a huge mistake. kid is going to light it up in college.

few things on Jackson, he's been raved about by SFE coaches for 2 years. Was named a top 4 defensive performer at Pylon 7 on 7 earlier this month. he has all the tools really good length, he's 6'1-6'2 really good speed and a high vert. This kids gonna blow up and will be very difficult to hang on to. High 4* prospect.

This. Holding on to this kid will be the biggest challenge once the big dogs start sniffin' around. Hope this isn't one of those "Bleak Vision" specials...(kid just committed so he can get everyones attention only to bolt later for greener pastures)

If anything, if you are a DB worth your salt, looking at our DB depth chart HAS to count for something. We literally might have just 5 DBs on the entire roster going into 2016. (Burns/Elder/Mayes/Redwine/Jackson) And that's if Burns doesn't blow up this year and leave early.

Advertisement
Heard this kids grades are horrible, hope they get better and he sticks kids about to blow up

That is why it is a good thing he committed so early, so the coaches can stay on him about his grades. A full year and a summer (if needed) should be plenty to improve them.

He was asked about his goals for the year and his response really struck me as different. Good kid.
“I really want to help the community out. Get community service hours and stuff like that. I just want to have a good presence in the community.”

Advertisement
He was asked about his goals for the year and his response really struck me as different. Good kid.
“I really want to help the community out. Get community service hours and stuff like that. I just want to have a good presence in the community.”

a.gif

Advertisement
Back