2016 Carol City WR Steven Newbold Junior Highlights

Advertisement
Had watched his highlights a few weeks back and I still stand by it that he is my favorite recruit in the 2016 class.

I've had the chance to witness him in some games this year. The first time I had discovered him was over the off-season and he blew me away. He is the definition of a team player and playmaker.

He is willing to do whatever is needed for his team. Extremely good hands. Willing to go over the middle, has the speed and wiggle. Great blocker. And his focus and ability to make those tough grabs.... you just can't teach. The second play on his highlight I saw earlier this year was from another world.

I remember a 7 on 7 event during the offseason that Carol City attended. And this kid stood as the best receiver out there. Everyone was talking about it. Play after play after play.

Me and Pete and some others here have had some high praise for him and it's for good reason. Newbold is the truth.

The only reason he has been flying under the radar was lack of tape in the past due to previous issues but he's got his head on right. But that changes now. The fact he's from Carol City is a bigger bonus, those kids work hard and they have a high pan out rate.

I was one who was positive Carol City would turn the corner this year. And they did in a way but they had rough bounces that didn't go their way this year due to defense. Carol city was a few bounces their way from a GREAT season. BUT it gets better, reinforcements just might be on their way with the potential incredible freshman class they have coming in and the issues with Miramar now. Carol City WILL be back very soon.

Dionte Mullins originally was my favorite of the class of 2016 receivers dating back to the offseason,my mind had completely changed the day I witnessed Newbold.

I want him bad, and he wants Miami bad too. Let's put it this way.... He would commit on the spot.

Newbold is also the type you really have to see in person to appreciate even more how talented he is. The tape is not where it ends.

Everyone has thrown out the comparisons to a smaller Stacy Coley..... He reminds me of a wide receiver that came out of Norland many years ago that flew under the radar by the name of Antonio Brown who is a star receiver in the nfl today for the Steelers. The play styles, ability and size are eerily similar.

Last edited:
Also we have a poster on this site that is family with Steven. Everyone welcome Canes_U_Pride

This kid is absurd! How does he not have an offer. Can't stand hearing he wants Miami bad. He shouldn't have to want them anymore- he should be committed already. Baller.

Advertisement
He dedicates himself to doing whats needed to win. In his highlights he is used in a number of ways and also blocks as hard as he goes for receptions. I really believe he will get the offer and puts the recruitment to bed, just a matter of time. The staff may have guys higher on their board which is common when it comes to carol city players which im not sure why that is, but I do know that if they dont grab him some school will be adding a complete player and teammate.

My only question and what I want to know..... If the staff saw his tape from this season yet? If they have, I don't know what they are waiting for.

Advertisement
He dedicates himself to doing whats needed to win. In his highlights he is used in a number of ways and also blocks as hard as he goes for receptions. I really believe he will get the offer and puts the recruitment to bed, just a matter of time. The staff may have guys higher on their board which is common when it comes to carol city players which im not sure why that is, but I do know that if they dont grab him some school will be adding a complete player and teammate.

AKA things that have happened when the staff passes on an obvious stud and he blows up for another school.

Still don't get why they are not pursuing Rashad Fenton heavily. That's a no brainer in my mind. He brings special teams ability too.

FWIW Hurns flew under the radar too coming out of Carol City, ended up blowing up a bit during the offseason after a camp at UF and the big 3 became interested. He ended up getting injured early his senior year and missed the year. Miami had snagged him and stayed loyal to his commitment. Hurns had a history of injuries even during his time here but he was full go for his final year at The U and the rest is history. And ended up a steal for the Jaguars too.

I am one who is all for taking kids out of schools like Carol City, Southridge and Homestead. Those kids can ball and they're tough.

Last edited:

AKA things that have happened when the staff passes on an obvious stud and he blows up for another school.

Still don't get why they are not pursuing Rashad Fenton heavily. That's a no brainer in my mind. He brings special teams ability too.

Its kinda crazy how carol city practically is begging to be a feeder school for the U but the staff kinda overlooks the kids from there. Fenton is a beast and should already be committed. Lot of ball dropping going on with this situation.

Its kinda crazy how carol city practically is begging to be a feeder school for the U but the staff kinda overlooks the kids from there. Fenton is a beast and should already be committed. Lot of ball dropping going on with this situation.

If the kids from the CC 14U team end up going to Carol City next year. The staff better cut that crap ASAP because CC is very close to rising back up in Dade again. James Cook(Dalvins brother), Nayquan and Terrence.

It's been long overdue.

I'm glad they took Trayone last year but I think it's ridiculous that we don't have Fenton in the class.

If they do repeat that with Steve, I'll lose it.

If the kids from the CC 14U team end up going to Carol City next year. The staff better cut that crap ASAP because CC is very close to rising back up in Dade again. James Cook(Dalvins brother), Nayquan and Terrence.

It's been long overdue.

I'm glad they took Trayone last year but I think it's ridiculous that we don't have Fenton in the class.

I apologize to you and your family sir. I will never consider this staff to ever be Canes- EVER. This will be the years of football with no direction. I refuse to ever let them consider themselves Canes. Please don't let this be the reflection of Miami in your mind.

I simply can't wait for the New Jersey scrub they choose to recruit instead. Going to anger everyone. This staff literally deserves for recruits to laugh at them when they visit and turn around and say:

"Thanks for coming, you can go now. We know you like NJ kids. Try and find some scrub in NJ that will be half as good as me. Good luck."

Advertisement

It's been long overdue.

No offer for Steve would be devastating for me. He is doing everything possible a coach could ask for no half assing, no pretty boy diva stuff. Maybe he's not ideal hieght but hes a player that teams gameplan for and his film shows you that none of his catches or touchdowns came easy. Im really just in a wait and see mode at the moment but if the canes want to lock up primetime player who without baggage then they just need to offer him.

It's been long overdue.

I apologize to you and your family sir. I will never consider this staff to ever be Canes- EVER. This will be the years of football with no direction. I refuse to ever let them consider themselves Canes. Please don't let this be the reflection of Miami in your mind.

I simply can't wait for the New Jersey scrub they choose to recruit instead. Going to anger everyone. This staff literally deserves for recruits to laugh at them when they visit and turn around and say:

"Thanks for coming, you can go now. We know you like NJ kids. Try and find some scrub in NJ that will be half as good as me. Good luck."

Much appreciated and agreed. Its crazy how unable to evaluate talent the staff has been, its like they pick names from a hat to decide who they offer nevertheless Im really hoping we get a coach in place that can right the ship and bring our U back.

Advertisement
I can't comment on his athleticism for the next level because it didn't pop out in the tape to me. As an layman watching tape its either really good or really bad for me to notice. What I did notice is that he does all the little things right. He reminds me of Johnnie Dixon from last year. A kid with that dog in him who will out work you for that ball. Funny thing is that the staff was high on Johnnie last year.

Last edited:
I think he's an easy eval and take. But fivecent is right, he is nowhere near as explosive as a Stacy Coley, Antonio Brown or Dionte Mullins. Johnnie Dixon or a better Antonio Callaway seem like the right comparison to me. But a Reggie Wayne can be just as valuable as an Andre Johnson so, again, an easy take. Should be offered immediately.

Advertisement
Back