Coaching 2016 + 2017 Staff

nystateofmind

C'est la vie
Banned
False information
In hindsight, this may go down as one of the best staffs we’ve ever had:

HC - Richt
OC - Brown (NFL OC, likely future NFL HC)
DC - Diaz (former NCAA HC)

QB - Richt Jr. (Only real blemish)
WR - Dugans (Solid, not spectacular)
TE - Hartley (2x CFP winning position coach)
OL - Searels (2x CFP winning position coach)

DL - Kool (Elite)
CB - Rumph (Good teacher, bad recruiter)
S - Banda (NFL position coach, likely future NFL DC)

If we had a top notch QB in 2017, who knows what might’ve happened. Could’ve definitely made the National Championship Game.

Advertisement
If others were labeled bad recruiter, Kool absolutely cannot be spared. He tried to save face one signing day by calling Jon Ford the best DT in the country haha.

Searles nearly reached Jethro Franklin levels of hate for me. :sick::ohlord:

Dugans did well getting who Richt + himself prioritized in ‘18 but missed on the guys who were needed: Moore (staff did not want another small wr because Harley + JT just signed + pope incoming) & T. Thornton who was prioritized too late.

Same, but was it him or was it us (the talent) ?

Georgia’s line looked pretty good with him at the helm this year.
As always it was both. Richt hyped up Reed, Scaife and Campbell who were all JAGs. That falls on Searles.

For example, this cycle it seemed like Searles & UGA walked into Monroe Freeling’s commitment only because Miami had Olaus, Francis & Samson higher on the board with Frankie already committed.

In hindsight, this may go down as one of the best staffs we’ve ever had:

HC - Richt
OC - Brown (NFL OC, likely future NFL HC)
DC - Diaz (former NCAA HC)

QB - Richt Jr. (Only real blemish)
WR - Dugans (Solid, not spectacular)
TE - Hartley (2x CFP winning position coach)
OL - Searels (2x CFP winning position coach)

DL - Kool (Elite)
CB - Rumph (Good teacher, bad recruiter)
S - Banda (NFL position coach, likely future NFL DC)

If we had a top notch QB in 2017, who knows what might’ve happened. Could’ve definitely made the National Championship Game.
Kool ain't elite

Advertisement
All those coaches MR and Manny had look good with the talent they have at their disposal. They get blamed or fired when they don't do well. When they leave to a place that has mega talent they are all of a sudden great teachers and coaches. Like stop it's the player and the head man that brings them

Advertisement
Kirby gets the player the coach get the reward and looks great it's that simple

You’re a beautiful man and I love you, but I’m not sure I agree with this!

Why did Coley fail so miserably as OC in 2019, if that was the case? I think UGA coaches definitely get blessed with a full cupboard, but ultimately they have to cook the ingredients and turn them into a great meal!

Richt Jr & Searles were awful. And although Manny had his positive moments within his DC tenure, could you imagine if Richt would have actually landed his # 1 target Aranda 🤦‍♂️. Sad thinking what could’ve been. Kul & Rumph we’re not good recruiters but solid position coaches technically speaking. Overall this staff graded out to be ok. Not bad but definitely not spectacular by any means.

You’re a beautiful man and I love you, but I’m not sure I agree with this!

Why did Coley fail so miserably as OC in 2019, if that was the case? I think UGA coaches definitely get blessed with a full cupboard, but ultimately they have to cook the ingredients and turn them into a great meal!
UGA was still a top team that's what we aiming for. Just be a top ten team yearly and I'm satisfied with what we had to endure.

Advertisement
Richt Jr & Searles were awful. And although Manny had his positive moments within his DC tenure, could you imagine if Richt would have actually landed his # 1 target Aranda 🤦‍♂️. Sad thinking what could’ve been. Kul & Rumph we’re not good recruiters but solid position coaches technically speaking. Overall this staff graded out to be ok. Not bad but definitely not spectacular by any means.
They were awful recruiters awful.

Oh My Gosh Rage Room GIF by Eternal Family

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back