2015 will be Golden's most talented defense ever

Wins will be determined by the play of Kaaya. If he can improve our offensive scoring and sustain drives in critical moments we will be fine and the team will gain confidence. Focus on the development of Kaaya to understand how we'll be better this year.

Advertisement
Wins will be determined by the play of Kaaya. If he can improve our offensive scoring and sustain drives in critical moments we will be fine and the team will gain confidence. Focus on the development of Kaaya to understand how we'll be better this year.

Yeah, long offensive drives are gonna be crucial. If they dont develop Kayaa, the offense is gonna be embarrassing. guess we find our what Coley can do as a QB developer. Defense will be above average, but the inability to make in game adjustments will always be a problem.

Using football outsiders statistics...

Offense was 27th in opponent adjusted efficiency

54th in FD (percentage of drives with at least one first down or TD)

18th in explosive drives.

87th in methodical drives (10 or more plays)

Yeah, long offensive drives are gonna be crucial. If they dont develop Kayaa, the offense is gonna be embarrassing. guess we find our what Coley can do as a QB developer. Defense will be above average, but the inability to make in game adjustments will always be a problem.

Using football outsiders statistics...

Offense was 27th in opponent adjusted efficiency

54th in FD (percentage of drives with at least one first down or TD)

18th in explosive drives.

87th in methodical drives (10 or more plays)

And that's about what it felt like watching it.

L
i know we've only been seeing highlights in these camp videos... but i've liked what i've seen from the D.. that also could just mean our coley offense continues to be a coley offense.. but i guess we went know til the season.

Yeah. Based on Golden's career trend of fielding bad defenses, I guess we won't know until the season.
it was ranked 15th last year..

When you give up 30 plus points to 5-7 Virginia and 6-7 sPitt you suck. The defense sucked cuz the guy calling the defense sucks.

If this defense completely ignores the "noise" that is Dorito and stall Williams, we win the coastal off that alone. I think this D line will be ferocious this season and someone will have double digit sacks alone

Advertisement
The place we'll see the biggest leap is up front. Last year we depended on several first-year players like Heurtelou, Wyche, Jenkins, Thomas, Harris. Chick, Pierre, McCord weren't exactly stout and immovable or especially disruptive. I really like this unit in 2015 from a size and athleticism standpoint. We're longer and bigger where we need to be.

Kamalu, Hamilton, Thomas, Moten outside

Heurtelou, Wyche, Jenkins, Moore inside

AQM, Harris, Jackson as the rush end

This staff will continue to hold us back but the talent is in place now more than ever.

i know we've only been seeing highlights in these camp videos... but i've liked what i've seen from the D.. that also could just mean our coley offense continues to be a coley offense.. but i guess we went know til the season.

Yeah. Based on Golden's career trend of fielding bad defenses, I guess we won't know until the season.

Things were great, we gave up 30+ points at least 6 times.

Could've fooled me watching hideously bad offensive teams like UVA and Pitt go up and down the field on us at will. I understand that everybody gives up lots of points these days, but the way we don't cause any type of havoc and allow offenses to dictate to us is just maddening given our history and access to elite athletes.

no way the one he had in Temple with Wilkerson and Jarrett was until they got steamrolled by Bowling Green, Ohio, and Army

Advertisement
If only Folden and Company could just push the "Ask Corso" button................Wishful thinking I guess.

Fly The EFN Banner!!!!!

L

When you give up 30 plus points to 5-7 Virginia and 6-7 sPitt you suck. The defense sucked cuz the guy calling the defense sucks.

...and that Sucka *** coach is still here.

Fly The EFN Banner......

Advertisement
POWER RANKINGS based solely on my opinion

DL:

Kamalu
AQM
Wyche
Thomas
Heurtelou
Hamilton
Moten
Jenkins
Harris
Jackson
Moore
King
Patchan

LB:

Grace
Kirby
McCord
Owens
Young
Gayot
Smith
McCray
Perry

DB:

Bush
Howard
Burns
Carter
Elder
Johnson
Crawford
Mayes
Jenkins

Not sure why some people are bashing Rok on this. Saying we have the most talented defense Golden has had and saying our defense will be good next year are two entirely separate things. Rok never claimed the latter.

I see 20+ guys with NFL potential and some inkling of depth (except at lb).

We are going to hurt at the LB'er position, in particular should we have an injury or two.

The best thing the defense has going for it is every opponent we face on paper is taking a step backwards this year besides Clemson. There isn't one offense we face that we can say right now should be good, again besides Clemson.

Yes, some teams will address their losses, but after watching past seasons pass under this staff, I've learned to never count out anyone.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back