2015 will be Golden's most talented defense ever

rok

Great Poster
Hard to say the same about the offense considering the amount of production lost, but there's no excuses for this not to be the best defense yet.

Tons of talent/experience.

Two or more years of experience in this system:

Bush
Kirby
Howard
McCord
Elder
Jenkins
Grace
Burns
Carter
Kamalu
Hamilton
Moore
R. Jenkins

other guys with experience:

Heurtelou
Wyche
Thomas
Jenkins
Moten
AQM
Harris
Crawford
Owens

I think we might actually see the defense outperform the offense.

Advertisement
Hard to say the same about the offense considering the amount of production lost, but there's no excuses for this not to be the best defense yet.

Bush
Kirby
Howard
McCord
Elder
Jenkins
Grace
Burns
Carter
Kamalu
Hamilton
Moore
R. Jenkins

Heurtelou
Wyche
Thomas
Jenkins
Moten
AQM
Harris
Crawford
Owens

This. I think it ONLY happens because they will be just that much more physically talented than any team in the coastal. We will still lose at least two head scratchers due to coaching, and then there's Clemson and FSU where talent comparison is a draw at best so we get out-coached there as well.

If Grolden and Dorito had an entire roster of NFL starters, they'd ***** it up. It's all about the CORCHING.

Advertisement

Bush
Kirby
Howard
McCord
Elder
Jenkins
Grace
Burns
Carter
Kamalu
Hamilton
Moore
R. Jenkins

Heurtelou
Wyche
Thomas
Jenkins
Moten
AQM
Harris
Crawford
Owens

The only guy we lost that we actually could have used is Perryman. Gunter is replaceable and so is Armbrister. In year 5 if the defense cant start to show some dominance the majority of the season..what the **** else is there to say? The NEB game will tell us a lot.

To me, Gunter was "always in the right place at the right time." He was a big play machine(respectively for the defense he played in). I think he's a lot better than showcased in this D, and will be missed more then we expect.

Why are you bashing. Golden and company had the 15 ranked defense last year. Well he didn't change any of this great staff so why would you think the results this years defense will be any better. I will say it now...he will use the excuse of the players are free lancing way too much and not trusting the patty cake system we teach them. I cant wait for this clown and his sideshows to go with him.

Advertisement

Bush
Kirby
Howard
McCord
Elder
Jenkins
Grace
Burns
Carter
Kamalu
Hamilton
Moore
R. Jenkins

Heurtelou
Wyche
Thomas
Jenkins
Moten
AQM
Harris
Crawford
Owens

You have some nerve posting something even vaguely positive!!

Bush
Kirby
Howard
McCord
Elder
Jenkins
Grace
Burns
Carter
Kamalu
Hamilton
Moore
R. Jenkins

Heurtelou
Wyche
Thomas
Jenkins
Moten
AQM
Harris
Crawford
Owens

The only guy we lost that we actually could have used is Perryman. Gunter is replaceable and so is Armbrister. In year 5 if the defense cant start to show some dominance the majority of the season..what the **** else is there to say? The NEB game will tell us a lot.

Yeah. Is this the year that Al and D'No figure out how to stop the fat kid up the middle play?

i know we've only been seeing highlights in these camp videos... but i've liked what i've seen from the D.. that also could just mean our coley offense continues to be a coley offense.. but i guess we went know til the season.

Advertisement
i know we've only been seeing highlights in these camp videos... but i've liked what i've seen from the D.. that also could just mean our coley offense continues to be a coley offense.. but i guess we went know til the season.

Yeah. Based on Golden's career trend of fielding bad defenses, I guess we won't know until the season.

Yeah. Based on Golden's career trend of fielding bad defenses, I guess we won't know until the season.
it was ranked 15th last year..

If the offence can't convert more than 30% of their third downs, it won't matter. Sure the D should be the most talented of the past many, many seasons, but SOMETHING will go wrong. Always has, to this point. IF the O can convert 3rd downs, we might actually win some games this year. The talent is there to beat most of the teams on our schedule. The problem is keeping drives alive. We saw it in every loss last year. Untimely failed 3rd down conversions. One possession after the other. Not that our D didn't chip in with putrid play, because they did, but if our O can keep the chains moving, we win at least 2-3 more games last year. Including FSU. If we can get near the top of the ACC in third down conversions, we could win the Coastal. If not, we could win 4 games. We simply can not convert 30% of our third downs and not expect to lose as many as we win.

Advertisement

it was ranked 15th last year..

They were up there in total yards allowed and total yards per play allowed.

They were 37th in scoring defense and way, way down the list in most other statistics.

I can see how 2015 will be the most talented defense golden has ever had. How that will translate into more wins, THAT is what Im not seeing. 2013 told us what we needed to know about golden. 2014 drove the point home completely.

I can see how 2015 will be the most talented defense golden has ever had. How that will translate into more wins, THAT is what Im not seeing. 2013 told us what we needed to know about golden. 2014 drove the point home completely.

Precisely. It's too late to expect great results but I think we'll get a slight improvement from last year, which could translate to another win or two if we're lucky.

Advertisement
Back