2015 Season: Not Even a Roll of the Dice

SmokeyRone

All-ACC
Purgatory
Even Hitler was excited about the coming new year, 1945, because he still had a roll of the dice (Ardennes Offensive).

I really don't feel Canes football even has a die roll left for 2015.

-Golden and his supporting Administration and puppet AD have their BEST excuses for 2015, after four years of excuses. "It's ONLY his SECOND year, really", "Sophomore QB", and of course "He lost ALL those players to the NFL! Rebuilding year!", PLUS, the default Goldenite line: "Look at that recruiting class! If he is fired, the class will evaporate!" Doesn't bode well for any incentive to win when losing meets expectations and the narrative.

-Tougher schedule, MUCH weaker team than 2014.

-If Golden hasn't been fired by now, nothing that happens in 2015 will make a difference. "Only" losing one more game than he did with a NFL loaded 2014 team will be hailed as proof of the process. 5-7 and his job is safer than Urban Mayas.

So, basically, we are looking forward to a fifth Golden disaster of a season, the inevitable collapse of the "Swag" recruiting class, and no amount of losses will make a difference for 2016. Not even a dice roll's chance of winning the Coastal, much less the ACC or a BCS Bowl.

Going to every game of course, but I don't even have that summer, pre season false excitement of the Radio years.

This program is about as dead as it has ever been.

Advertisement
How I wish I could disagree, but I can't. Kaaya is clearly the only thing to be excited over and as you stated he is likely excuse machine grease. Being a classic Cane QB type, he needs a team to direct to the promise land and that team needs a coaching staff. Well, I guess there is not much else to say.

I like how you give us a little history with the Hitler reference. Then you go and show you know very little about Cane football history when you say the program is about as dead as it's ever been.

I like how you give us a little history with the Hitler reference. Then you go and show you know very little about Cane football history when you say the program is about as dead as it's ever been.

You're right.

It will get a lot worse than 6-7.

I don't see how the schedule is so much tougher. An experienced Kaaya will make a really, really big difference. IF we win 7 games or less, I think he's fired.

Advertisement

The kicker is "Going to every game of course,but..."

The thing is why do you and others keep bringing this subject up? Is there anyone who is going to argue with you? This was A December issue at best. Actually Golden had this season before last season began. That's just the way it is. UM did the right thing after Shalala and company deceived him. There is hope and faith. Few of us have faith but we can all overdose on hope and play the season out. It would be a great thing for the U if they succeed.if they don't then we can all sigh and say that's what We expected.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yeah, this season is either A) a failure and what most expect, or B) we win and shock the world, including the fans. Either way, I think we win. With losses, we could see the end of the Al Golden era. With wins we secure a really, really big recruiting class, and Golden proves he's worthy. Not many expect that to happen, but we ALL want to see a winner here, so that is what I'm hoping for.

What worries me is an 8 win season, and no changes being made. Not quite bad enough to fire him, and not good enough to be considered real improvement. Mired in mediocrity is the LAST thing we all want. I'd rather see a bad for a year and get a real coach in here, if that's what it takes. Sad thing is, the odds of the UM administration getting the right guy in here are slim. So again, that's another reason I hope we win.

This year is put up or shut up time. NO reason to win 5-7 games this year. None at all.
The thing is why do you and others keep bringing this subject up? Is there anyone who is going to argue with you? This was A December issue at best. Actually Golden had this season before last season began. That's just the way it is. UM did the right thing after Shalala and company deceived him. There is hope and faith. Few of us have faith but we can all overdose on hope and play the season out. It would be a great thing for the U if they succeed.if they don't then we can all sigh and say that's what We expected.

The Ardennes Offensive started in 1944 and was all but defeated by the New Year in 1945.

Last edited:
Lets see how good Kayaa is without Duke, Dorset, Walford, Flowers and Feliciano.

Jameis Winston suffered a significant decrease in production and increase in interceptions without Devonta Freeman, James Wilder, Kenny Shaw and Kelvin Benjamin.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He also suffered from a massive ego. By all accounts, Brad Kaaya is working like crazy to improve. Also, don't forget, Winston had a redshirt year to sit and learn, while Kaaya was thrown right in there. I think Brad has a very, very good year. Remember the time we lost Reggie Wayne and Santana Moss the same year? Good QB play will elevate the team.
Lets see how good Kayaa is without Duke, Dorset, Walford, Flowers and Feliciano.

Jameis Winston suffered a significant decrease in production and increase in interceptions without Devonta Freeman, James Wilder, Kenny Shaw and Kelvin Benjamin.

It's ******* sad that the bar is set at 7. It should be no less than 10 with the occasional 9 wins being put on probation.

Even Hitler was excited about the coming new year, 1945, because he still had a roll of the dice (Ardennes Offensive).

I really don't feel Canes football even has a die roll left for 2015.

-Golden and his supporting Administration and puppet AD have their BEST excuses for 2015, after four years of excuses. "It's ONLY his SECOND year, really", "Sophomore QB", and of course "He lost ALL those players to the NFL! Rebuilding year!", PLUS, the default Goldenite line: "Look at that recruiting class! If he is fired, the class will evaporate!" Doesn't bode well for any incentive to win when losing meets expectations and the narrative.

-Tougher schedule, MUCH weaker team than 2014.

-If Golden hasn't been fired by now, nothing that happens in 2015 will make a difference. "Only" losing one more game than he did with a NFL loaded 2014 team will be hailed as proof of the process. 5-7 and his job is safer than Urban Mayas.

So, basically, we are looking forward to a fifth Golden disaster of a season, the inevitable collapse of the "Swag" recruiting class, and no amount of losses will make a difference for 2016. Not even a dice roll's chance of winning the Coastal, much less the ACC or a BCS Bowl.

Going to every game of course, but I don't even have that summer, pre season false excitement of the Radio years.

This program is about as dead as it has ever been.

Continuing with your hitler them i would recommend you go to the nearest bunker and pop two cyanide before starting another thread.

Advertisement
Yes, Ardennes Offensive began in the Winter of '44, but the plan was to sieze Antwerp and cut the Allied Forces in half, and buy time to bring out the wonder Weapons in '45.

So no lapse of logic in my original premise.

When I say dead as ever, of course I meant in the modern Canes era, not pre Schnelly.

Cake schedule? Nebraska at home, with a better coach than the one who home schooled Golden last year.

Clemson (Dabo has GOT to be on the hot seat, losing to Golden is a fireable offense. They probably run a train on us).

Free Shoes at Tally (Like Golden is going to just up and suddenly beat FSU).

That's a stone cold 2 losses right there, if not 3.

VT at home, 50-50

GT at home, 50-50

Duke, UNC, Pitt and UVA, 3-1 at best, 2-2 a very real possibility.

Fau and Cinci, probably 2-0

Oh ****! With a break here and there, and always counting the awfulness of the Coastal, we COULD win 8 games! :( That would be a disaster. Would still be 3rd or worse in the Coastal, be irrelevent, BUT the Goldenites would demand a Ron Frasier type statue of Al!!!!

Nah. If we couldn't beat ANYBODY with NFL players at TE, WR, RB and a few on the OL, we ain't beating anyone in 2015 with Marvis Frazier at RB, the Dropsy Brothers at WR, Fumble Wilson at TE, and a less talented OL.

Kaaya will NOT have the weapons or protection he enjoyed last year, so how much better can he be in 2015? (assuming he doesn't digress like Morris with this staff). The dude was TERRIBLE in the second half of every game! How many games did we lose when Kaaya didn't make ONE ******* play the entire 2nd half? (the answer is SIX!)

Still calling 5-7.

ONE ray of hope: The "Swag 16" Class could disintegrate earlier than usual. The "But...but....we will lose this great class!" excuse may be moot by mid season.

Advertisement
Back