2015 Running Backs

Ibis4life

Freshman
I have a question about the four backs we currently have committed for this year, assuming Walton is successful in reclassifying to this year. As it sits right now, we have Jordan Scarlett, Jordan Cronkrite, Mark Walton and Dexter Williams. From following stories and comments I have come to the conclusion that most feel that Scarlett is the best of the bunch. I think, not to be negative, that it is unlikely we can hold on to four four-star running backs in one class. What is the general feeling on how you rank the other three backs, or is there any feeling that one of them should rank ahead of Scarlett?

Advertisement
Williams has the highest ceiling, IMO. Like him the best.

Scarlett's measurables as the Opening were incredible, but everything I've read suggests those measureables haven't necessarily translated on the field (at least yet).

Like Williams the most, then Scarlett, Walton, and Cronkrite, but that's just me.

Even with some of the decommitment rumblings, its great to finally be in the position after whiffing on Collins, Cook, Michael, and Powell in the last two classes.

There's honestly no good reason to think we get all 4. Of course it's possible but if we got more than 2 I would be pleasantly surprised. Whatever your reasoning is, it just doesn't seem to work out. But regardless all 4 have their strengths. It's pretty close IMO but I give Williams a slight edge right now. Scarlett has the most physical upside but Walton might be the most complete back when all said and done. I think you can make a case for all 4. Best left for after the season, but it's exciting.

I have questions about all 4. Very excited to see all of them this year. Right now I'm taking Scarlett first. I like Williams and Cronkrite next, not sure in which order. Probably Williams a slight edge but Cronkrite will be getting more touches this year and all of these kids' senior years will be very telling.

Walton is still 2016. We will update you if that changes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want the one who can pick up 3rd and 2 or 3 the most frequently. That is something we have been missing a long time.

Advertisement
Scarlett looks the prettiest (40 times and size)and has most potential but u know what they say about potential...

After looking at film Williams looks the most explosive but for some reason I like Jordan Cronkite the best... Gimme Jordan and Jordan right now... But senior years should tell us a lot... A lot can change

Scarlett looks the prettiest (40 times and size)and has most potential but u know what they say about potential...

After looking at film Williams looks the most explosive but for some reason I like Jordan Cronkite the best... Gimme Jordan and Jordan right now... But senior years should tell us a lot... A lot can change

Vision, balance and lateral mobility is what stands out to me. I like him a lot, too.

Williams has the highest ceiling, IMO. Like him the best.

Scarlett's measurables as the Opening were incredible, but everything I've read suggests those measureables haven't necessarily translated on the field (at least yet).

Like Williams the most, then Scarlett, Walton, and Cronkrite, but that's just me.

Even with some of the decommitment rumblings, its great to finally be in the position after whiffing on Collins, Cook, Michael, and Powell in the last two classes.

Agree on Williams.

The others i am indifferent on. Any 1 of them to complainant Williams and i am fine.

Advertisement
I was a big fan of Scarlett's well before he committed, even when others seemed down on him because they either felt he should've had a better season last year or didn't think we had any realistic shot of landing him. He has incredible physical tools and unlimited potential. I expect him to have a monster season at STA and quite possibly earn a fifth star. He's the headliner of the class, IMO, not only because he's a great talent who seems so solid in his commitment but also because of his close friendship with Sam Bruce.

Williams would be second for me, with Cronkrite being a close third. Williams is a freak athlete of the highest order who has a chance to develop into the type of home run threat who could take it the distance from anywhere on the field. Having his speed on the field at the same time as Scarlett would pose all sorts of problems for opposing defenses. It sounds like it's going to be a dog fight to try to keep him committed, so I hope he reconsiders his decision not to take an OV here (even though he's been here and plans to attend U Day next weekend) and ultimately embraces the competition. Dynamic talent.

Having Cronkrite a close third isn't meant to be a knock on him at all. I've always felt his potential was underrated and that he'll have a monster season with an expanded workload at RB. He's a very good athlete who runs hard and brings plenty of versatility. I personally believe Yearby, Scarlett, and Cronkrite would complement each other extremely well, with Williams being a movable chess piece who can line up at receiver (as Pete has mentioned in The Work) on occasion to get our best athletes on the field at the same time.

Even though I'd have Walton ranked fourth, I really hope he remains a 2016 commit and isn't able to reclassify because he's very talented in his own right. It seems that would help put certain concerns of our other RB commits at ease. He has great feet and is very effective in between the tackles, but he doesn't seem to have the athletic potential or burst through the hole of the other three. That's obviously nitpicking a very talented back, though.

The ideal scenario, IMO, would be Scarlett and Cronkrite at RB, Williams as an ATH (RB/WR), and Walton remaining as a 2016 commit. It may very well be a pipe dream to hope for that, but we'll see.

Last edited:
Cant wait to see JS vs big boy 7A football running down hill. DW I like his measurables as well i still need to see his production from this season he only played 4 games last year. JC is one of those players where you just put him on the field i know he can play multiple positions so im not worried. MW is probably (Physically) the best RB we have committed would love to see him stay in the 2016 class W/ all the great guys we have commited

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back