98% of passing yards
32% of rushing yards
50% of receiving yards

Defense:
We return from 2104:
62% of tackles
62% of sacks
70% of ints

This was surprising considering we are losing 6 starters on D including Denzel and Chick who rarely come off the field.

****. 2104? i hope golden isn't still around then or we ****ed

Advertisement
We need to hit on some recruits because we have some holes in that rooster. We need guys to come in an start right away at running back, receiver, tight end, linebacker, and safety.

RB: Need at least 1 or 2 Freshmen to play along side Yearby and Gus
WR: I think we are OK here with Waters, Scott, Lewis, Coley, Berrios
TE: Dobbard should be pretty solid, he is a solid blocker and showed good hands in the last game. Washington is a EE and is physically ready to play right away. Herndon and Njoku could surprise some people.
LB: This is where we need freshmen to contribute right away. We were thin there this year with the loss of Figs and Blue.
S: I think we could use some help here but what we really need is for Bush and Jenkins to be healthy and Carter and Crawford to develop.

I think you're being too optimistic about our WR's. You don't know how Scott is going to come back after being out a year. Lewis hasn't looked the same since his injury and he probably never will. Coley regressed big time this year and you can't just assume that he's going to magically right the ship next year. Berrios did not impress this year.

IMO we need to sign at least one guy this class who will be an immediate impact kind of guy. In my mind, that would be Ridley or Deon Cain, but that doesn't look like an option at this point.

Safety I think you're being too optimistic again. Bush I think will be fine, but Jenkins was also coming off a major injury and you have no idea what we can expect from him next year. I almost doubt we'll see much more from him here at Miami. Crawford is too slow to play the position at a high level. Carter has the tools but to rely on him to develop that much in one season is taking a gamble IMO. Also he plays the Deon Bush role. Which is why it's great that we have Jaquan and potentially Irvin coming in at that position because IMO they'll be asked to play a lot next year.

I forgot to even mention offensive line, but that's a glaring need for next year. We need to close on multiple studs at that position, especially if Flowers leaves (I don't get all the Flowers hype personally, but I'm not an OL evaluator. I've seen him get beat so many times, or flagged for holding, false starts, etc I still see him as a guy who hasn't reached his full potential). We need to hold on to what we've got committed and land one additional blue chipper or impact guy to be squared away at this position.

What you say is very true. I'm banking on a few key guys to step up. At WR we've had guys like Streeter, Hurns, Hankerson who had breakout seasons in their last years here. Hopefully Waters or Coley will do that next year. Lewis is starting to look better this year and I'm hoping he will regain his form in 2015. Berrios looked good early on but kind of faded as the season went on, I think he should be better next year considering he missed last spring with a torn ACL. Scott was looking great before the injury and should be OK considering he is already cleared to play but wanted to get the medical red shirt to come back. I'm also hoping the chemistry between the WR corp and Kaya will improve as a whole with one extra year. We are not getting Cain or Ridley... Chatman does look nice though.

I think we basically have the same safety group back next year. We only lose Fentress who is a smart player but very limited. Hopefully with another year Carter and Crawford will improve. Crawford is slow but Fentress is not exactly a speed demon either. Johnson should make an impact day 1. Yeah, not sure about Jenkins but whatever we get from him is a bonus since he didn't play this year. Bush was starting to look good this year after dealing with injuries last year. He can be the playmaker next year if healthy.

OL: We lose a lot there but a lot of young guys have stepped up as well this season. Linder should be fine at C, Isadora will be solid again, Darling should be able to replace Mongo at the other G position. Gadbois and McDermott should be our starting tackles. A lot of potential on the line, just hope they are able to gel together fast enough. Flowers should come back next year but most seem to think he is gone. If he comes back then we will have 7 guys coming back with starter ability. I thought we lost a lot last year with Linder, Henderson, Bunche, Wheeler all leaving, but the new guys filled in pretty well. Hopefully that trend will continue.

Offense:
We return from 2104:
98% of passing yards
32% of rushing yards
50% of receiving yards

Defense:
We return from 2104:
62% of tackles
62% of sacks
70% of ints

This was surprising considering we are losing 6 starters on D including Denzel and Chick who rarely come off the field.
We had like a total of 8 sacks and 6 int for the year. So we have 6 sacks and 4 ints coming back? Fanfukintastic!

2014: 10 ints and 24 sacks (6-6) 11 ints thrown, 19 sacks allowed
2013: 18 Ints and 28 sacks (9-4) 14 ints thrown, 17 sacks allowed
2012: 11 ints and 13 sacks (7-5) 7 ints thrown
2011: 6 ints and 23 sacks (6-6) 11 ints thrown

2010: 16 ints and 37 sacks (7-6) 27 ints thrown
2009: 9 ints and 23 sacks (9-4) 17 ints thrown

Last edited:
Well ya know Joe.... We have a lot of young kids out there still learning how to execute. We're working our tails off to fix things. It all starts with me.

The entire class of 2015 got in!

CIl__3_UEAEMyyW.jpg
Evan and Jamie

CIodJ9qUEAE9_q0.jpg
Willis

CIm-m38WcAE9Hn4.jpg

CIm-m3_WUAA5qol.jpg

CIm-m4TXAAASoU0.jpg

The last 5 from class of 2015 has arrived:
QB Evan Shirreffs, Jefferson HS, Jefferson, GA
WR Lawrence Cager, Calvert Hall College Prep, Towson, MD
DT Kendrick Norton, Trinity Catholic, Jacksonville, FL
LB Jamie Gordinier, Red Bank Catholic, Red Bank, NJ
DT Gerald Willis III, transfer from the University of Florida

Attachments

• CIm-m38WcAAbVCv.jpg
    CIm-m38WcAAbVCv.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Advertisement
2015 Roster - updated 6/28/15
Assuming both Duke and Flowers leave; here is what we have coming back in 2015:

RS SR (7)
O (2): Wells, Scott
D (6): Kamalu, Heurtelou, Wyche, King, D. Crawford

SR (5)
O (1): Waters
D (5): McCord, Kirby, Howard, Bush
__________________________________________________ _________________
RS JR (9)
O (6): Crow, Lewis, Jones, O’Donnell, Isidora
D (2): Hamilton, Moore, R. Jenkins
ST (1): Vogel

JR (9)
O (5): Gus, Tucker, Coley, Dobbard, Gall
D (4): Grace, Burns, Elder, Carter
__________________________________________________ ________________
RS SO (3)
O (2): Odogwu, Knighton
D (1): AQM

SO (16)
O (8): Kaya, Yearby, Gray, Berrios, Brady, Herndon, Darling, Linder
D (7): C. Jenkins, Moten, Thomas, Harris, Young, Owens, Gayot
ST (1): Badgley
__________________________________________________ ________________
RS FR (10)
O (6): Njoku, Langham, K.C. McDermott, Rosier, Brown, Grimsley
D (4): Mayes, McCray, Jackson, Smith

Lost from 2014 (18):
RS SR (6)
O (5): Walford, Feliciano, S. McDermott, Williams, Heaps
D (1): Gunter

SR (6)
O (1): Dorsett
D (5): Perryman, Chickillo, Pierre, Armbrister, Fentress

JR (3)
O (2): Duke, Flowers, A. Crawford

RS JR (2)
O: (1) Gadbois
ST (1): Goudis

FR:
Hester

Starters in bold (Started at least 1 game in career)

Last edited:
Here is a look at who we lose for 2015 and who we get back from redshirts or have coming in at each position.

Offense (Lose 10, RS 7, FR: 10):
QB: Williams, Heaps (Rosier, Shirreffs*)
RB: Duke* (Walton*)
WR: Dorsett (Scott, Langham, Cager*)
TE: Walford (Njoku, Washington*)
OL: Flowers*, Feliciano, S. McDermott, Gadbois (KC McDermott, Brown, Grimsley, Jones*, Mahoney*, Gauthier*, St. Louis*, Milo*, Loftus*)
K: Goudis

Defense (Lose 8, RS 8, FR: 12):
DL: Chickillo, Pierre, King (Hamilton, Moore, AQM, Jackson, Smith, Fines*, Patchan*, McIntosh*, Norton*)
LB: Perryman, Armbrister (McCray, Perry*, Gordinier*, King*)
CB: Gunter, A. Crawford (Mayes, Jackson*, Henley*, Redwine*)
S: Fentress (Jenkins, Johnson*, Knowles*)

*Early NFL Entry, *Incoming Freshmen

Who are the guys that need to step up next year to replace the departing SRs and JRs?
Offense (9):
QB: Williams, Heaps (Rosier)
RB: Duke* (Yearby, Gus, Walton*)
WR: Dorsett (Scott, Coley, Waters, Lewis)
TE: Walford (Dobbard, Washington*)
OL: Flowers*, Feliciano, S. McDermott, Gadbois (Linder, Darling, KC McDermott, Odogwu, Milo*, St. Loius*)

Defense (6):
DT: Pierre, King (Kamalu, Hamilton, Moore, Wyche)
DE: Chickillo (AQM, Thomas, Jackson)
MLB: Perryman (Kirby, Young, McCray)
OLB: Armbrister (Grace, Owens, McCord)
CB: Gunter, A. Crawford (Burns, Howard, Elder, Mayes)
S: Fentress (Jenkins, Carter, Johnson*)

Most positions will have players ready to step up. There are a few freshmen who may be asked to step in.

Last edited:
KC is a sophomore according to the hurricanesports.com rooster fwiw. He played in 5 games.

Advertisement
KC is a sophomore according to the hurricanesports.com rooster fwiw. He played in 5 games.

I think he will qualify for a medical RS based on playing time. He did not play against Louisville so he only appeared in 4 games. since we played in 13 games last season he qualifies based on the less than 30% and no game after mid season.

A special case involves the eligibility of a player who loses the majority of a season to injury. Popularly known as a medical redshirt, a hardship waiver may be granted to athletes who appear in fewer than 30% of team competitions (none after the midpoint of the season) then suffers a season-ending injury. Players granted such a waiver are treated for the purposes of eligibility as though they did not compete in that season.

New players:

Freshmen:
7 Kendrick Norton DL 6-3 310 Fr. Jacksonville, Fla. (Trinity Christian)
18 Lawrence Cager WR 6-5 200 Fr. Towson, Md. (Calvert Hall)
52 Jamie Gordinier LB 6-4 235 Fr. Red Bank, N.J. (Red Bank Catholic)
16 Evan Shirreffs QB 6-6 190 Fr.

Transfer:
91 Gerald Willis DL 6-2 255 So. New Orleans, La. (Edna Kerr)

Walk-ons:
Colton Lynn DT 6-0 300 St. Thomas Aquinas (Fort Lauderdale, FL) (hudl | Rivals)
Marco Baeza K/P 6-3 210 Fr. Charlotte Catholic (Charlotte, NC) (hudl | twitter)
TJ Callan RB Fr Doral Reagan (FL)
Mitch Davis RB/WR 5-7 160 Gulliver Prep (Miami, FL) (hudl | 247 | 3/22/15)
Eddie Dunn LB/FB 6-0 205 Fr. Coral Shores (Tavernier, FL) (hudl)
Cory Giordano LB 6-0 230 Fr. Fordham Prep (Bronx, NY) (hudl | 247 | ESPN)
Thomas Lehto T 6-4 234 Fr. Pinecrest (Southern Pines, NC) (hudl | ESPN | twitter)
Samuel York LS 6-1 215 RFr. Marblehead (Marblehead, MA)(NCSA | Article)

gage-batten.jpg
Gage Batten FB/LB 6-0 242 RJr. Auburn - Dwyer (West Palm Beach, FL) (Auburn | Rivals | 247 | hudl)

View attachment 30787
Jared Hardie LB 6-0 205 Our Lady of Good Counsel (Olney, MD) (hudl | Rivals | ESPN)
Tyler Murphy DB 5-10 170 Peachtree Ridge (Suwanee, GA) (hudl)

CImZ1oMWUAAMkOt.jpg
Jake Romp WR 5-8 160 Fr. Tampa Catholic (Tampa, FL) (hudl | 3/2/15 | twitter | article)
Heath Grady P/K 6-4 215 Fr. Freedom (Tampa, FL) (hudl | twitter | Rivals | Khol)

New players: - 6/28/15
UM on Sunday brought in four freshmen on scholarship, one transfer and 13 walk-ons, by and large completing the 2015 signing class. That’s in addition to the 13 signees who arrived last month and the five who enrolled in January.

All those players are enrolled in school (UM’s Summer II session starts Monday), a team spokesman said. All except transfer Gerald Willis III are qualified to play this fall. Willis, a defensive end/tackle who transferred from Florida, will sit out due to NCAA transfer rules. He will be eligible in 2016.

Among those arriving Sunday include promising four-star wide receiver Lawrence Cager, who checked in at 6-foot-4 and 200 pounds and will wear No. 18; linebacker Jamie Gordinier (6-4, 235, No. 52), who has a chance to play this fall; defensive tackle Kendrick Norton (6-3, 310, No. 7), who is a possible redshirt candidate behind UM’s other more experienced defensive tackles; and quarterback Evan Shirreffs (6-6, 190, No. 16), who is headed for a redshirt year.

An interesting name among the walk-ons is Gage Batten, who played at Dwyer High (and King’s Academy) and was the Post’s All-Area Defensive Player of the Year in 2012. Batten (6-0, 242) left Auburn in March. He suffered a season-ending injury during Auburn’s fall camp last year, and appeared in six games as a backup H-back in 2013.

Another Palm Beach County connection: defensive lineman Colton Lynn, who played at Boca Raton High before transferring to Fort Lauderdale-St. Thomas Aquinas.

The other walk-ons who joined the team Sunday are Marco Baeza, TJ Callan, Mitch Davis, Eddie Dunn, Cory Giordano, Heath Grady, Jared Hardie, Thomas Lehto, Tyler Murphy, Jake Romp and Samuel York.

Though some wind up playing in games, not all the walk-ons will . Teams can begin fall practices with 105 players on its roster; which can be expanded to 120 the week of the first game. UM currently has more than 130 players in its program.

The 14 others that enrolled in May:
Welcome to the Team
CFSqPKdVEAAO32J.jpg

Last edited:

I think he will qualify for a medical RS based on playing time. He did not play against Louisville so he only appeared in 4 games. since we played in 13 games last season he qualifies based on the less than 30% and no game after mid season.

A special case involves the eligibility of a player who loses the majority of a season to injury. Popularly known as a medical redshirt, a hardship waiver may be granted to athletes who appear in fewer than 30% of team competitions (none after the midpoint of the season) then suffers a season-ending injury. Players granted such a waiver are treated for the purposes of eligibility as though they did not compete in that season.

I'll fight you in real life

Advertisement

I'll fight you in real life

justbringit.jpg

usa-today-8082999.0.jpg

REPORT: UM, Corey King part ways
By Cameron J. Underwood  @UnderwoodSports on Jul 9, 2015, 10:47p 2

UM and Corey King have reportedly parted ways - Steve Mitchell-USA TODAY Sports
According to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, another player has been let go from the Hurricanes Football program

Late on Thursday night, Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald posted this blog.

Why is this important? In the aforementioned post, Jackson reports that the University of Miami football program and Defensive Tackle Corey King have parted ways.

King, a Boca Raton native, had little impact in his time at UM. He appeared in 13 games over 3 seasons in Miami. King only appeared in 1 game last fall.

If he is gone, we wish Corey King the best in his future endeavors.

Advertisement
Don't worry Canes fans, the Fraulden Curse will soon be gone.

We'll be free in 93.

[video=youtube;d-diB65scQU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU[/video]

Advertisement
Back