2015 Miami Norland safety Davis talks UM offer

Advertisement
Nash, any idea who this kid liked growing up or if he is a UM fan???

He said he didn't have a dream offer. His role model however is former FSU CB Xavier Rhodes.

Kids these days

Kids these days grew up watching a **** Miami program and ESPN tout the SEC. We should be glad they don't think less of Miami than they do.

What does that have to do with this? Kid said he doesn't have a dream offer, next article he say UF was his dream offer but they are 2nd

Did I miss the quote in the article? Only place I saw UF referred to as a "dream offer" was in the headline created by a Gator writer...

Advertisement
I like Irvin in a cb/s role

Me too. Bring him up near the line and let him just cause havoc. The comparison to Honey Badger is the one I really like for him. Charles Woodson type of role where he ends up actually playing a lot of different positions. Cole is the more traditional, silky smoothe cover type. Davis is the big physical, guy. Burgess Becker is the strong safety, Jaquan is the free safety.

Advertisement
Cam Underwood @UnderwoodSports · 1h
Carlton Davis announcing August 12th? Isn't he coming to U-Day on August 10th? Hmmm......

I think Carlton is all Miami.

The ideal and realistic is. But we have to play well and win to do this.

CB: Cole, Davante

CB/S: Carlton, Irvin

S: Jaquan, SBB

Cole as true cover corner. Davante, big physical safety with size and speed.

Irvin and Carlton in that nickel/safety role like Honey Badger and Charles Woodson played in their careers.

Jaquan roaming the backfield as a free safety, great ball hawk skills. SBB at strong, knocking heads off defenders and picking some passes off.

That is an A+ secondary haul.

Advertisement

Irvin and Carlton in that nickel/safety role like Honey Badger and Charles Woodson played in their careers.

Jaquan roaming the backfield as a free safety, great ball hawk skills. SBB at strong, knocking heads off defenders and picking some passes off.

I'd be more optimistic we could land all of them if we at least had one, especially if it was Jaquan. I also don't see us getting SBB and Ridley, so I think most realistic would still be the Davis', Cole, Irvin, and Jaquan.

I'd be more optimistic we could land all of them if we at least had one, especially if it was Jaquan. I also don't see us getting SBB and Ridley, so I think most realistic would still be the Davis', Cole, Irvin, and Jaquan.

Only way I see us getting Ridley and SBB is if we play really well and show signs of improvement on defense. They want to win, and we have to show them that. I'm talking, we gotta win our division and I'm not talking by tie-ins and luck. Just outright win our division.

Advertisement
It's time we start bringing in more defensive talent for this 2015 class.

I wonder why we struggle more in that department....
I'm not a basher of the coaches but I guarantee D'No is the main reason. Kids want to play for great coaches. D'NO is not. Once we hire someone else. We can def get defense alot quicker and want to be here. Look what Coley and Carrol are doing.

Advertisement
Back