2015 is very good class...

Just because we got a few good players from other states don't change the fact that this is a ****** class, compared to what it should be. All Golden does is talk about the "Cloud", but the fact is the only "cloud" hindering our recruiting is his coaching ability and Failures on the field.
He needs to be fired mid season so that we get a new coach, and hopefully he can save the 2016 class.
This class is and will be a failure. The question now becomes, will the 2016 class be impacted severly by the BOT's ridiculous decision to keep Golden.

Advertisement

I don't know what kperez reasoning is but I don't think Scarlett makes or breaks the class b/c I dont think its a good class with him in it. We struck out on too much high end talent at positions of need. Unless we have an unbelievable close class will be very disappointing

KDee,
Welcome to our website. Quick question: How long have you been following recruiting?

Advertisement
Let me start by saying I am NOT a Florida resident but I spend a ton of time down there and am an avid high school football follower. One thing that always strikes me is that some fans of the U get way to0 caught up in how many Florida recruits are landed. YES, Florida has insane players BUT there are many other great states out there for football. Our boy Kaaya was from Cali. He is doing just fine...
Bar Milo...he blocked for Kaaya in Cali. Everyone is raving about Cager... NOT from Florida folks. Michael Jackson at CB. This kid is right in Saban's backyard. The other thing that I think people get too caught up in is the # of stars a kid has. Fans have to understand this is political. It is all based on kids attending their camps and performing without pads on. For example, two three star Defensive commits are absolute studs. Look at their films. Don't go by stars. Patchan and Gordinier are two big, very athletic kids. Patchan would have had a huge year but unfortunately had an injury derail his season. Gordinier, and OLB was Defensive Player of the Year and 1st team All State kid in NJ that had over 20 offers including Mich State, Nebraska, WVU, Northwestern, Rutgers, Pitt, Duke, BC, Maryland, Purdue.... The TE, Washington is also a very intriguing recruit. Go U!!!!

How is Rutgers doing again?

KDee,
Welcome to our website. Quick question: How long have you been following recruiting?

must not be long a guy who fallows recruiting for one day will tell you that Florida has a lot more talent than NJ so why spend most of your time up their? Your answers is because Al Folden care sales mans speech doesn't work well in Florida these days. Folden is missing on recruits who has know business playing any place else but the you. It all started last year with shafting Wilson and missing on Jackson and Powell

I don't know what kperez reasoning is but I don't think Scarlett makes or breaks the class b/c I dont think its a good class with him in it. We struck out on too much high end talent at positions of need. Unless we have an unbelievable close class will be very disappointing

At this point keeping Scarlett would be a unbelievable close. Scarlett staying is a must at this point due to striking out on every other back outside of yearby. We are either landing him or moving dallas crawford back to rb.

Advertisement

Class is already a disaster, mainly b/c of the lack of impact players on the defensive side(the side we are hurting for elite players the most) other than Jaquan Johnson, Patchan, Perry and McIntosh.

You add the fact that this might be the most stacked DB class in south FL history, and to only have Jaquan(of our original top targets) committed is a ******* travesty.

We lost a stud QB in Dwayne Lawson...

We are once again going to fail to sign a quality DT(when we need like 4 in this class with one being a top JUCO)...

We missed out on all the top local WRs(Need Callaway or WR class is dog **** b/c Cager is most likely flipping to Bama and we might even lose Chatman too SMH)...

Too many projects at OLine outside of Milo and St Louis...

Had a top kicker decommit....

An extremely disappointing LB class outside of Perry(who IMO has Beason written all over him) and now we are reaching for Plan C/D guys once again...

And now after whiffing on RBs Alex Collins, Sony Michel, Dalvin Cook and Brandon Powell the last two years, Golden and staff have seemed to step it up and out do themselves by having four 4 star RBs committed(Jordan Scarlett, Dexter Williams, Jordan Cronkrite and 2016 RB Mark Walton) and only ending up with the one(Mark Walton) that wasn't even supposed to be in this class(reclassified to 2015 class) SMH...

This class has already failed on so many levels that it is already a disaster, but losing who IMO is the crown gem of this class in Jordan Scarlett to one of our most hated rivals(UF) would be "the straw that breaks the camels back" that just shows just how bad this class and staff really are.

And now for possibly our biggest recruiting/official visit weekend we have a bunch of guys either coming for free trips or straight up Plan C/D/E guys that will probably turn us down and won't even be able secure the commit of the biggest fish there(Scarlett).

God I can't wait to get rid of this incompetent staff...

But I know we got them for at least another year, so we still need to land some quality players, so Golden's replacement will have something to work with, so it doesn't take that much longer(more **** excuses) to be competitive again and he will need quality upper classmen to do that, so keeping elite players should be a priority to any real Cane fan whether you like our coach or not(I hate him BTW).

So supposed "Cane fans" going out of their way to tell our commits or local players not to come here on twitter and **** is pathetic and not helping get Golden fired(the admin doesn't care about 6-7, they def don't care about loosing recruits, get that through your thick heads) it is only giving Golden another excuse for not closing well, and is only helping our rivals stockpile our local players that should be staying home and repping their city.

We(and our next head coach) need these local players to stay home if we ever want reach the mountain top again, it is the only reason a little private university ever stood a chance against the big boys of college football.

Last edited:
Lawson didn't want to ride the Pibe behind Kaaya.

OK?

We still lost him no?

And will replace him with a scrub...

Lets hope to God nothing happens to Kaaya next year, especially with having to replace three 3 year starters on the OLine(Flowers, McDermott and Feliciano) and no Duke Johnson to take the pressure off(anther reason why Scarlett was so crucial to this class)

Advertisement
Advertisement
The class is alright.....just alright. We have some good players coming in like the other posters said, we are struggling in key areas as a whole. Preparing for the worst with Scarlett. I hate Al.

Advertisement
Back