2015 is very good class...

KDee

Recruit
Let me start by saying I am NOT a Florida resident but I spend a ton of time down there and am an avid high school football follower. One thing that always strikes me is that some fans of the U get way to0 caught up in how many Florida recruits are landed. YES, Florida has insane players BUT there are many other great states out there for football. Our boy Kaaya was from Cali. He is doing just fine...
Bar Milo...he blocked for Kaaya in Cali. Everyone is raving about Cager... NOT from Florida folks. Michael Jackson at CB. This kid is right in Saban's backyard. The other thing that I think people get too caught up in is the # of stars a kid has. Fans have to understand this is political. It is all based on kids attending their camps and performing without pads on. For example, two three star Defensive commits are absolute studs. Look at their films. Don't go by stars. Patchan and Gordinier are two big, very athletic kids. Patchan would have had a huge year but unfortunately had an injury derail his season. Gordinier, and OLB was Defensive Player of the Year and 1st team All State kid in NJ that had over 20 offers including Mich State, Nebraska, WVU, Northwestern, Rutgers, Pitt, Duke, BC, Maryland, Purdue.... The TE, Washington is also a very intriguing recruit. Go U!!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
KDee,
I see your point and we certainly are landing some great players, however, when you line up allllll the SoFlo guys choosing to leave the Miami offer on the table and sign with another program, it hurts. The class will be a good one but not an elite one like it has the chance of being EVERY year in SoFlo. You're correct that we don't need all Florida kids to be successful. Even the 2001 team had a ton of guys from outside the state and we wouldn't of been the same without them. Ed Reed, DLew, Shockey, McKinnie, Dorsey, James Lewis, Chris Campbell, DJ Williams, McDougle, etc. So man...it's just that keeping the stud SoFlo players is an important component to keeping this thing elite. We've failed this year.

Advertisement
Let me start by saying I am NOT a Florida resident but I spend a ton of time down there and am an avid high school football follower. One thing that always strikes me is that some fans of the U get way to0 caught up in how many Florida recruits are landed. YES, Florida has insane players BUT there are many other great states out there for football. Our boy Kaaya was from Cali. He is doing just fine...
Bar Milo...he blocked for Kaaya in Cali. Everyone is raving about Cager... NOT from Florida folks. Michael Jackson at CB. This kid is right in Saban's backyard. The other thing that I think people get too caught up in is the # of stars a kid has. Fans have to understand this is political. It is all based on kids attending their camps and performing without pads on. For example, two three star Defensive commits are absolute studs. Look at their films. Don't go by stars. Patchan and Gordinier are two big, very athletic kids. Patchan would have had a huge year but unfortunately had an injury derail his season. Gordinier, and OLB was Defensive Player of the Year and 1st team All State kid in NJ that had over 20 offers including Mich State, Nebraska, WVU, Northwestern, Rutgers, Pitt, Duke, BC, Maryland, Purdue.... The TE, Washington is also a very intriguing recruit. Go U!!!!

spchlss.gif

Scarlett is important on two fronts. Great player but also quiets the negative BS. D Cane, I get what you are saying.

Let's see

No Qb -check
Struggling to close your rb-check
WR's failed to close on any top guys AGAIN-check
O-line we got some projects-check
Lack of linebackers-check
No d-line help -check
**** poor on a **** of a secondary class-check
Couldn't even get a kicker-check

Missed on so much florida talent and replaced them with northern talent
Lolololol he not only missed on Florida the entire southern region

Made sure we go to NSD with kids having our hats up there and choosing another school

Yea this is a Folden type of class and wait he is in Dallas

Advertisement
Advertisement
The difference is when we were a great football school, we took the no-stars/two stars, but had some great coaches to prepare those guys with the NO PRISONERS attitude of playing football ..Real teachers who coached with knowledge and passion to see the kids succeed..Real coaches who had a winning gameday plan and the ability to adjust at half-time..The PROTECT YOUR OWN TURF ATTITUDE is why we had the longest home winning streak in NCAA history. Today we still get our fair share of players, just not the coaching they really deserve..

Advertisement
Back