2015 DE Russell Ude sees Miami as a great fit

U

User-4525

Russell Ude is 6'3 250 pound defensive end from Atlanta, Georgia. The Miami staff loves everything about Ude. Ude has great intangibles, a strong work ethic, an excellent motor, and excels in the classroom. Although his accomplishments, up to this point, are something he is very proud of, Ude continues to work hard in pursuance of elevating his performance to the next level.

"In the summer I workout about 5 times a week. I am doing a whole bunch of lifting with my team to go with agility...

Continue reading...

Advertisement
So we can offer friends of out of state prospects in order to land them but yet time and time again the staff refuses to offer the friends of SFL prospects in order to sway them?

So we can offer friends of out of state prospects in order to land them but yet time and time again the staff refuses to offer the friends of SFL prospects in order to sway them?

he was offered a preferred walk on spot.

Advertisement

To slow i will take the DE from Delray aover this guy

Advertisement
Russell Ude is 6'3 250 pound defensive end from Atlanta, Georgia. The Miami staff loves everything about Ude. Ude has great intangibles, a strong work ethic, an excellent motor, and excels in the classroom. Although his accomplishments, up to this point, are something he is very proud of, Ude continues to work hard in pursuance of elevating his performance to the next level.

"In the summer I workout about 5 times a week. I am doing a whole bunch of lifting with my team to go with agility and speed work as well as defensive line drills with my really good friend Andrew Butcher over at Alpharetta. We are doing mainly defensive line work with his trainer. Those are the main things I am doing to prepare myself for my senior year. I am making sure my conditioning is through the roof because I will be a two way starter. I need really good stamina so I don not take any plays off. I play a number of positions on offense. I play anywhere on the offensive line and tight end."

The recruitment process takes a toll on all prospects. Recruits deal with pressure from numerous angles and it is always helpful to take a step back in order to slow the process down.

"I was planning on committing this month or next month but I tried to slow things down because I have not been on enough visits. I am going to try to get to some places. I also want to see where my friends are looking to because it would be nice to have some teammates or really good friends go some places with me. I just need to figure things out and when I know I know. I could commit tomorrow I could commit three months from now."

Russell Ude recently cut his list of 30+ offers down to eight. However, Ude says he is still open to any new offers.

"My top eight right now, in no order, is Cal, Boston College, Oregon, Miami, Penn state, UCLA, Wisconsin, and Michigan State."

The Miami Hurricanes have made Russell Ude a priority this cycle and he enjoys the love the coaching staff has given him. Miami is selling him on early playing time and the AQM role that he would be playing in the 'Canes defense.

"Coach Golden is recruiting me personally as well Coach Franklin, Coach Barrow, and Coach Kehoe. They are telling me I could come in and make an immediate impact. They will have me as a big stand up rush end kind of like what Al Quadin Muhammad is doing over there. They know I can come in and make an impact and develop me into becoming a really good college player and then nfl player. They feel I will be a great fit in the school because it has what I am looking for academically as well."

Although he has not visited Miami yet, on paper Ude can not find any flaws about the school. When aligning his priorities with what Miami can provide him on and off the field, he believes it is a great fit.

"The real thing is what is there not to like? The academics are great. I like the overall tradition of the program. The coaches are recruiting me seriously and they have made it clear to me that I am a priority and I love that. They also offered one of my best friends, Quenton Bennett, a preferred walk on spot so that is a big thing for me as well. It seems like a really good fit I just have to get down for myself and make some other rounds."

With his high interest in Miami, Ude can not wait to get down to Miami. He has no official visit date yet, but he believes he will be able to get down to Coral Gables once the time is right.

"I plan on visiting miami soon. Although all my plans are tentative right now. I have not scheduled any trips except I will most likely be visiting the west coast within the next two weeks to visit Cal Berkeley, USC, UCLA, and possibly Stanford. Other than that I have not planned any firm trips because my dad is always out of town and it is hard for my mom to take trips with me. I more than likely will visit Miami this summer but that's just me saying that because I want to so much but it's always tough."

Ude is another recruit that has not put his eggs all in one basket. He understands football does not last a lifetime. With a 3.6 GPA and a 1800+ SAT, he understands his college decision is a forty year plan not a four year plan.

"I want to have a long successful nfl career and be an all pro but at the same time I want to go to a school that will allow me to have a good college career and grow in the classroom. I want the school to set me up with connections to be successful in the working world assuming football did not work out for whatever reason. I know the nfl is short term and I understand the importance of academics. I want to be successful in not only in football but in the working world."

Highlights: http://youtu.be/RY9Bidjr8oY

Not to complain, but going into Year 4 and we're still selling defensive recruits on early playing time?

"In the summer I workout about 5 times a week. I am doing a whole bunch of lifting with my team to go with agility and speed work as well as defensive line drills with my really good friend Andrew Butcher over at Alpharetta. We are doing mainly defensive line work with his trainer. Those are the main things I am doing to prepare myself for my senior year. I am making sure my conditioning is through the roof because I will be a two way starter. I need really good stamina so I don not take any plays off. I play a number of positions on offense. I play anywhere on the offensive line and tight end."

The recruitment process takes a toll on all prospects. Recruits deal with pressure from numerous angles and it is always helpful to take a step back in order to slow the process down.

"I was planning on committing this month or next month but I tried to slow things down because I have not been on enough visits. I am going to try to get to some places. I also want to see where my friends are looking to because it would be nice to have some teammates or really good friends go some places with me. I just need to figure things out and when I know I know. I could commit tomorrow I could commit three months from now."

Russell Ude recently cut his list of 30+ offers down to eight. However, Ude says he is still open to any new offers.

"My top eight right now, in no order, is Cal, Boston College, Oregon, Miami, Penn state, UCLA, Wisconsin, and Michigan State."

The Miami Hurricanes have made Russell Ude a priority this cycle and he enjoys the love the coaching staff has given him. Miami is selling him on early playing time and the AQM role that he would be playing in the 'Canes defense.

"Coach Golden is recruiting me personally as well Coach Franklin, Coach Barrow, and Coach Kehoe. They are telling me I could come in and make an immediate impact. They will have me as a big stand up rush end kind of like what Al Quadin Muhammad is doing over there. They know I can come in and make an impact and develop me into becoming a really good college player and then nfl player. They feel I will be a great fit in the school because it has what I am looking for academically as well."

Although he has not visited Miami yet, on paper Ude can not find any flaws about the school. When aligning his priorities with what Miami can provide him on and off the field, he believes it is a great fit.

"The real thing is what is there not to like? The academics are great. I like the overall tradition of the program. The coaches are recruiting me seriously and they have made it clear to me that I am a priority and I love that. They also offered one of my best friends, Quenton Bennett, a preferred walk on spot so that is a big thing for me as well. It seems like a really good fit I just have to get down for myself and make some other rounds."

With his high interest in Miami, Ude can not wait to get down to Miami. He has no official visit date yet, but he believes he will be able to get down to Coral Gables once the time is right.

"I plan on visiting miami soon. Although all my plans are tentative right now. I have not scheduled any trips except I will most likely be visiting the west coast within the next two weeks to visit Cal Berkeley, USC, UCLA, and possibly Stanford. Other than that I have not planned any firm trips because my dad is always out of town and it is hard for my mom to take trips with me. I more than likely will visit Miami this summer but that's just me saying that because I want to so much but it's always tough."

Ude is another recruit that has not put his eggs all in one basket. He understands football does not last a lifetime. With a 3.6 GPA and a 1800+ SAT, he understands his college decision is a forty year plan not a four year plan.

"I want to have a long successful nfl career and be an all pro but at the same time I want to go to a school that will allow me to have a good college career and grow in the classroom. I want the school to set me up with connections to be successful in the working world assuming football did not work out for whatever reason. I know the nfl is short term and I understand the importance of academics. I want to be successful in not only in football but in the working world."

Not to complain, but going into Year 4 and we're still selling defensive recruits on early playing time?

Every school is selling PT **** are you a newbie in the crootin world. I guarantee Jimbo is selling PT...

Advertisement

Every school is selling PT **** are you a newbie in the crootin world. I guarantee Jimbo is selling PT...

Even Alabama does look at the freshman they had last year on the D-lin Robinson.

Last edited:
Wish every kid's recruitment went like his. When he talks about actually being open to schools and wanting to visit places, you actually believe him and dont think its a joke like some of these guys who want to play games. Smart kid as well, hope we can land him! []_[]

Advertisement

Little bit different scenario when the playing time is available because everybody went to the NFL and not because there's people still available that can be beat out.

I have wanted this kid in our class for a while but I am shocked to hear that we want him to for Muhammad's position he seems to have more in common with Chickillo then anyone else on the roster

Little bit different scenario when the playing time is available because everybody went to the NFL and not because there's people still available that can be beat out.

******* Golden. Should be selling the come, sit, wait, maybe change position or get passed over recruiting pitch that no one else uses. Behind the times. We used to be be trend setters.

****ing Golden. Should be selling the come, sit, wait, maybe change position or get passed over recruiting pitch that no one else uses. Behind the times. We used to be be trend setters.

Not really what I'm saying. But if the elite running back recruits are coming while fully aware that Yearby, Gus, and apparently Tucker will be ahead of them on the depth chart, the early PT is not of the utmost importance. If our biggest selling point for the defensive players is still early PT, which is what we used for Chickilo, then it stands to reason the unit is still abysmal and it takes that type of ace in the hole to get these defensive players to Miami unlike the Alabama's which can get elite defensive players who are aware they wont see major time until their second year at least.

But you can continue to think I'm rabidly trying to run Golden out of here with a torch and a pitchfork.

Advertisement
Back