2015 DB McFadden is Elite

You guys still arguing with CItyboy? smh.. I remember city boy telling me that Ray Ray wasn't a good fit at linebacker...

Actually...

I'm about 99% sure that I said the opposite because I had a conversation with Coach Wesley McGriff about how Ray Ray should've been a Linebacker from day one.

Dumb *****. SMH

Advertisement
McFadden will be fine.

BTW...JC Jackson victimized Dowels in that Immokalee game, too.

You mean the vertical/fade down the sideline where JC Jackson pushed off of Dowels and then caught the jump ball for a whopping 12 yard gain?

Ok. LOL. Other than that junkyard play Dowels shut Jackson completely down.

If you call THAT "victimizing" then what do you call what happened to McFadden? Murder?

I didn't see a push-off on that catch over Dowels...but I did see one on McFadden on that 1st TD. And on that 2nd TD, I think McFadden was expecting help over the top. He actually had decent position, just didn't finish. Didn't see anything on those hightlights that can't be corrected.

So if he's getting beat for TD's twice in one game and has things that he needs to work on to prevent being victimized why is he a 5-star CB?

^That's my issue.

Dowels is a 3-star and he got beat for exactly oneTouchdown in the past 3 years, a sluggo route by Javon Durante, who he otherwise shut out in their game against Jackson.

The recruiting services deprive legit players who deserve higher rankings and reward subpar players based on their stature.

McFadden will be fine.

You mean the vertical/fade down the sideline where JC Jackson pushed off of Dowels and then caught the jump ball for a whopping 12 yard gain?

If you call THAT "victimizing" then what do you call what happened to McFadden? Murder?

I didn't see a push-off on that catch over Dowels...but I did see one on McFadden on that 1st TD. And on that 2nd TD, I think McFadden was expecting help over the top. He actually had decent position, just didn't finish. Didn't see anything on those hightlights that can't be corrected.

So if he's getting beat for TD's twice in one game and has things that he needs to work on to prevent being victimized why is he a 5-star CB?

^That's my issue.

Dowels is a 3-star and he got beat for exactly oneTouchdown in the past 3 years, a sluggo route by Javon Durante, who he otherwise shut out in their game against Jackson.

The recruiting services deprive legit players who deserve higher rankings and reward subpar players based on their stature.
Those rankings have always been about who goes to the most camps, and who looks the part at said camps (measurable).

Back in '08 I played with a DT at Hillsborough who was the #3 DT in the state and was a 4 star. He lived in the weight room and went to camp after camp and showed out at each and every one. He ended up picking FSU over Mia, and LSU. The entire year im wondering how in the world is he a 4 star. Yes he is big and strong as ****, but when we put pads on, he was stiff and slow. We played Armwood twice, once in the regular season, and once in the playoffs. Matt Pachen dominated him both games. He hardly touched the field for 4 years at FSU and transferred to Akron and still had no impact. Long story short, watch game film to get an accurate evaluation on prospects.

Last edited:
McFadden will be fine.

^That's my issue.

Those rankings have always been about who goes to the most camps, and who looks the part at said camps (measurable).

Back in '08 I played with a DT at Hillsborough who was the #3 DT in the state and was a 4 star. He lived in the weight room and went to camp after camp and showed out at each and every one. He ended up picking FSU over Mia, and LSU. The entire year im wondering how in the world is he a 4 star. Yes he is big and strong as ****, but when we put pads on, he was stiff and slow. We played Armwood twice, once in the regular season, and once in the playoffs. Matt Pachen dominated him both games. He hardly touched the field for 4 years at FSU and transferred to Akron and still had no impact. Long story short, watch game film to get an accurate evaluation on prospects.

No doubt.

McFadden will be fine.

^That's my issue.

I don't think Moses McCray is a good example of a overrated prospect. McCray was a solid player at FSU he just had several injuries that affected his career at FSU he played in 8 games at FSU as a true freshman and was a starting DT his 2nd year and played in all 12 games until the injury hit him.

I'm sure everyone on here can name several 4 and 5 star guys that didn't live up to their rating and several 2and 3 star recruits that outperformed those ratings. There are always going tone 4 and 5 star guys that "flop" as for McFadden only time will tell.

Last edited:
Advertisement

^That's my issue.

I don't think Moses McCray is a good example of a overrated prospect. McCray was a solid player at FSU he just had several injuries that affected his career at FSU he played in 8 games at FSU as a true freshman and was a starting DT his 2nd year and played in all 12 games until the injury hit him.

I'm sure everyone on here can name several 4 and 5 star guys that didn't live up to their rating and several 2and 3 star recruits that outperformed those ratings. There are always going tone 4 and 5 star guys that "flop" as for McFadden only time will tell.
You are correct in that the injuries did hurt him but I would not say he was productive with the playing time he received. I was wrong for saying he hardly touched the field but I still say he was over rated. In 08 he started the first 2 games due to the suspension of the cheating scandel. In 09 he started 12 games but only had 12 tackles, 1 tfl, and no sacks. That was his ceiling. Trust me. Then the injuries started. Imo, he would have maybe started '10 due to FSU being very weak at DT but that wasn't guaranteed either. They had Dawkins, McDaniels, Mccloud, and McAllister who all had equal talent. Dawkins was starting no matter what. None of them were impressive. Once FSU started focusing their recruiting on dline in '11, starting with Jerriagan, a healthy MO would have been buried on the depth chart, just like what's happening with our dline now. McDaniels had injuries, but him and McAllister were 5 and 4 star busts also.

Im not saying he was garbage, just rated a lil bit to high coming out of hs.

Last edited:
Advertisement
his Junior highlights don't scream 5 star to me but his long rangy athletic frame does, kid has potential to do special things. i see the 5 star rating on his potential not how good he is right now.

his Junior highlights don't scream 5 star to me but his long rangy athletic frame does, kid has potential to do special things. i see the 5 star rating on his potential not how good he is right now.

This is true no prospect has reached his potential in high school

That Defeats the purpose of a 5 star rating though. a lot kids have potential a 5 star rating is that without a doubt the Kids is going to be elite on the next level. for instance Clowney and Mcfadden should not share the same ranking. they are no where near close at talent level. He is a 4 star at the most though.

Watched him and Da'Vante Phillips go at it when Central played Heritage last season. Both had their moments. Da'Vante had a few catches, but McFadden was physical the whole game and covered him well.

Advertisement

That Defeats the purpose of a 5 star rating though. a lot kids have potential a 5 star rating is that without a doubt the Kids is going to be elite on the next level. for instance Clowney and Mcfadden should not share the same ranking. they are no where near close at talent level. He is a 4 star at the most though.

They are just ratings there are always going to be guys that out perform those ratings and others that don't live up to the ratings, simy because there are so many elements that affect these kids. It's hard to compare kids that play different positions in different areas against different talent levels.

If you are using Clowney as the measuring stick then ther are very few 5 stars that compare to him.

Advertisement
I do think Tarvarus is overrated. But I don't think he is bad at all. Projects better to safety.

I understand that we have different DBs ahead of him and whatever but what's the worse that could happen you offer him a committable scholarship then recruit him (being local) and if he ever puts his size and speed all together he could end up being great. Worse case he's the next Larry Hope and is gone after a couple years. You can't tell me that this kid is a worse prospect than Mayes.

Advertisement
Back