2015 Baseball team

The JUCO kid who was originally at South Carolina, George Iskenderian or something, is a 3rd baseman. I heard he may get drafted though so we will see. If he gets here then probably he plays 3rd.

Did he even get drafted?

Advertisement
Off topic, but Texas Tech has now given up 3 runs total in the post season, 5 games.

Another possibility that I've forgotten about is Chris Barr. He redshirted this year I believe. Remember he's a very good defensive 1B or maybe even OF. If Ruiz moves to 2B and maybe Thompson plays some 3rd again, who knows.
Scout close to the team told me Barr put on like 30 pounds after surgery and got faster. Played the whole freshmen year with torn labrum. Supposed to come back as an OF/1B. With Chester's speed and Barr's speed...would be nice 1-2 punch!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Another welcome to the light tweet by JD. That's 3. Wish there was a site like rivals that talked about baseball recruiting.

Advertisement
Another welcome to the light tweet by JD. That's 3. Wish there was a site like rivals that talked about baseball recruiting.

One of the commits is Mason Studstill RHP from Cocoa. 2016 kid. The other is 2015 RHP Isaiah Musa from Westminster Christian. Both are good pickups.

Last edited:
I wonder what is going to happen in the outfield. You have Abreu, Eusebio, and Heyward, and then incoming freshmen Justin Smith and Carl Chester. Assuming Collins catches, that probably opens up one of them for DH. Heyward in LF, Eusebio or Chester in CF, Abreu in RF, and then Justin Smith DH?

I wonder what is going to happen in the outfield. You have Abreu, Eusebio, and Heyward, and then incoming freshmen Justin Smith and Carl Chester. Assuming Collins catches, that probably opens up one of them for DH. Heyward in LF, Eusebio or Chester in CF, Abreu in RF, and then Justin Smith DH?

I believe I read that Chris Barr was coming back as an outfielder too....listed as an OF for Harrisonburg this summer, but I hear he is playing a lot of 1B also. Whomever we have out there we will have some speed, and be deep, 6 outfielders, plus Ryan Alvarez (listed on PG website as attending)!

Advertisement

Heyward better get more consistent or he will find the bench. Eusebio will probably start the season in center, but Chester could take at-bats as the season goes. Not a bad problem to have, if freshmen come in and force Eusebio and Heyward into the 4th and 5th outfield spots.

Advertisement
Back