2015 Baseball team

losdogcane

Junior
So let's talk about who we lose and who comes back.
Carey and Palmer in the outfield and I would imagine Diaz and Suarez will be drafted. Who replaces these guys?

Advertisement
well I assume Heyward and Eusebio are the obvious choices in the OF. Heyward in LF, Eusebio in CF, Abreu in RF. 2B could end up being Ruiz, which is where he started, but I don't know if we have or are bringing in anyone else who can play 3B. Maybe Ruiz stays there and Rivera gets a shot at 2B. As far as the rotation goes: Beauprez I would think for sure. Maybe Woodrey jumps into the rotation. Maybe BRad comes back. I know we have a couple big time outfielders signed but doubtful that they make it to campus. We will see.

As of right now (lots can change!)
C- Kennedy or Collins
1B- Thompson maybe some Collins
2B- Rivera or Ruiz
SS- Lopez
3B- Ruiz, maybe Michelangeli or even Rivera played there a little, or who knows maybe Thompson gets another shot.
LF- Heyward
CF- Eusebio
RF- Abreu.

Friday: Beauprez (hopefully BRad)
Saturday: Woodrey
Sunday: freshmen?
Set up: Cooper
Closer: Garcia

Just a guess

We need a couple more guys who can actually hit it out of the park.

Other than Carey and Collins, I think our starting lineup had a combined 3 HRs on the season.

This goes back to the conversation of recruiting "bigger" players, not these 5'9 160 pound players who are good defensively, but can barely hit it out of the infield.

Advertisement
The body is warm & the ink is still wet…….
22.gif

Incoming class looks solid... there has to be at least 2 guys in there that are good enough to start and will force their way into the lineup in fall ball. Really looking forward to this years freshmen taking the next step too.

I think Heyward has the potential to move forward. He has good speed and got some serious experience this season. He also has the build to hit for power, at least gap power. I know he looked lost at times against college pitching but thats why I said he has the "potential" to move forward. We need it. We also need a legit leadoff guy. I think this team would have been better off if Carey could have hit 3rd in front of Collins but we didn't have any other leadoff option. Maybe Eusebio can be that guy. We will see.

I agree on Heyward. He acquitted himself well in the field and at the plate with late season opportunities. I also think that hearing from tons of people that we needed to temper expectations that he wasn't his brother was helpful. Heyward can be a nice collegiate player, he just needs to continue to develop. Make Crazy Eyes get him into the S&C program and get him stronger.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think Heyward has the potential to move forward. He has good speed and got some serious experience this season. He also has the build to hit for power, at least gap power. I know he looked lost at times against college pitching but thats why I said he has the "potential" to move forward. We need it. We also need a legit leadoff guy. I think this team would have been better off if Carey could have hit 3rd in front of Collins but we didn't have any other leadoff option. Maybe Eusebio can be that guy. We will see.

Carl Chester would be a huge get...plug and play centerfielder and leadoff guy. Haven't had that since Tekotte. That said, probably never makes it here.

Another possibility that I've forgotten about is Chris Barr. He redshirted this year I believe. Remember he's a very good defensive 1B or maybe even OF. If Ruiz moves to 2B and maybe Thompson plays some 3rd again, who knows.

Another possibility that I've forgotten about is Chris Barr. He redshirted this year I believe. Remember he's a very good defensive 1B or maybe even OF. If Ruiz moves to 2B and maybe Thompson plays some 3rd again, who knows.
Ruiz played a helluva 3B down the stretch this season...I'd rather not supplant him if we don't have to. He looks pretty natural there, even though I know his position coming in was 2B.

One thing that would help us decide what to do in the field is if either Barr or Kennedy takes the next step offensively. If they become good enough to play in the lineup everyday, then whoever's position they take in the field, that guy can DH (Barr at 1B/Thompson DH, Kennedy at C/Collins DH).

I honestly just hope Brian Gonzalez makes it to campus and doesn't go too high in the draft. That guy would be likely our best option at 1B from day one--Yonder Alonso all over again. Dude hits an absolute ton.

Advertisement
The JUCO kid who was originally at South Carolina, George Iskenderian or something, is a 3rd baseman. I heard he may get drafted though so we will see. If he gets here then probably he plays 3rd.

The JUCO kid who was originally at South Carolina, George Iskenderian or something, is a 3rd baseman. I heard he may get drafted though so we will see. If he gets here then probably he plays 3rd.
That's true too, I didn't think about him.

Hey--at least we have options.

Incoming class looks solid... there has to be at least 2 guys in there that are good enough to start and will force their way into the lineup in fall ball. Really looking forward to this years freshmen taking the next step too.

Where can you find baseball recruit info. I feel like its tennis. Very hard to find a good source.

Where can you find baseball recruit info. I feel like its tennis. Very hard to find a good source.

Lots of baseball recruiting info at http://www.perfectgame.org

Advertisement
Back