2015 ATH Burgess-Becker Receives Miami offer

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
2015 ATH Shawn Burgess-Becker has been a quick riser in the camp and 7-on-7 circuit over the past month. His stellar performances have finally paid dividends, as he received his offers from Miami and Alabama today. The physical prospect has called the Miami offer a “dream” one in the past.

“Miami’s offensive coordinator James Coley called me and told me he was offering me today. I’m guessing he likes me at receiver, but he said he was shocked at my highlights as a defensive back and he has been watching my highlights as a receiver at the different camps and that I put on a show for him,” said Burgess-Becker.

Burgess-Becker had been hoping for this offer for a while.

“It means a lot to me. I thought they had lost interest in me since it had been so long, but my heart just dropped when he told me I had an offer. I was very surprised, but in a good way because I was happy about it.”

The talented athlete doesn’t plan on rushing into a decision.

“I wouldn’t say I would commit early. I’m just gonna go through the process and talk everything over with my family and then everyone will know when I commit.”

The defending national champs also extended an offer to the rising junior today.

“I didn’t expect an offer by Alabama. The coaches were saying they would call, but I didn’t get a call from them until about 8 o’clock this morning and they offered me.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Thank god he isn't committing early ..... I expect a cane here Coley and Alin are gonna put in work

Eduoard was spending a lot of time with him at NFTC.

He talked to him the whole time and made sure he was the quarterback for everyone of his reps.

Advertisement
Nope, we are done, according to Trilla. We are way behind everyone else and we don't put in enough recruiting effort.

/handwank

Nope, we are done, according to Trilla. We are way behind everyone else and we don't put in enough recruiting effort.

/handwank

he did say he thought we were losing interest before the offer. the ne thing i liked that he said was that his dad wanted to play for Miami but got into an accident and it would be cool to fulfil his dream. i think that bodes well for us

Wait a minute this dude goes to Monarch?????????? Are you kiddin me? And St Thomas or University School hasn't gotten they hands on him yet? Goes to show how HS football in Broward for public schools really has gone down in the last 10 years. (I dont consider Miramar a broward school. Most of them dudes out of Carol City. So technically thats dade territory with a Broward name tag) No way a talent like this would have been BSing around at Monarch 10-15 years ago. But all the big time public schools in Broward suck in football now so why not just stay in the neighborhood and play with your boys. Especially if you dont wanna go the private school route..

Advertisement
Glad to see us on this guy early. Plant the seed! This kid could dominate on either side of the ball. He's 6'2", right?

Wait a minute this dude goes to Monarch?????????? Are you kiddin me? And St Thomas or University School hasn't gotten they hands on him yet? Goes to show how HS football in Broward for public schools really has gone down in the last 10 years. (I dont consider Miramar a broward school. Most of them dudes out of Carol City. So technically thats dade territory with a Broward name tag) No way a talent like this would have been BSing around at Monarch 10-15 years ago. But all the big time public schools in Broward suck in football now so why not just stay in the neighborhood and play with your boys. Especially if you dont wanna go the private school route..

His brother played at Monarch as well, but is graduating this year. He sees right through the BS at the U school, and St Thomas had the opportunity and dropped the ball. Now he is committed to the program at Monarch and their new head coach, who brought them their best season ever last year with mostly sophmores and juniors.

he hasn't really been noticed that well until the 7 on 7 tournaments he entered with the Florida Fire, he could easily switch schools soon though he is a 2015 prospect...

Advertisement
Per CaneInsider interview with Shawn Burgess-Becker

“The University of Miami just offered me today,” Burgess-Becker said. “James Coley, the offensive coordinator. It’s really good (to get the Miami offer). It’s a dream come true. It’s what most athletes dream about. Once I got the offer, my heart just dropped. I didn’t know what to do. I thought they lost interest in me, so I was very surprised.”

“I would like to give a shout out to the Florida Fire because without them I wouldn’t have these offers and as much exposure as I have now. I would like to give another shout out to coach Dennis (Marroquin)"

Per CaneInsider interview with Shawn Burgess-Becker

“The University of Miami just offered me today,” Burgess-Becker said. “James Coley, the offensive coordinator. It’s really good (to get the Miami offer). It’s a dream come true. It’s what most athletes dream about. Once I got the offer, my heart just dropped. I didn’t know what to do. I thought they lost interest in me, so I was very surprised.”

“I would like to give a shout out to the Florida Fire because without them I wouldn’t have these offers and as much exposure as I have now. I would like to give another shout out to coach Dennis (Marroquin)"

While I'm glad we offered, the expectations of these kids are getting ridiculous. He thought Miami lost interest in him because they hadn't offered yet? He's a freakin' SOPHOMORE!!! There is no rush, or at least there shouldn't be.

Advertisement
Back