2014 WR taking an official visit to UM this weekend

View as article
He reminds me of Benjamin at fsu when he was in high school. He might get moved to TE, but he looks athletic enough to play receiver. Question, how good is the competition in that league? I recognize those are his best plays, but the competition looked noticeably smaller than him.

He is 6'4" 220 if competition isn't dwarfed something is wrong...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcWvdDGN9so

**** look how small that secondary and competition is, it most suck because he is 6'5" 230.

Advertisement
Doesnt look bad to me. He has the athletic makeup and as long as he is a backup plan..**** why not.

Advertisement
I like this kid but we need guys that can stretch the feild and put pressure on the d-fence I like him at TE but not wr this class is gonna be good but Im starting to worry we might not fill the positions of need with the quality players we need to compete with the FSUs of the world...

If you don't like this kid based on that highlight film, you just don't want to like him. The kid has excellent size and speed, and he is a polished route runner for a high school player. As far as the quality of the competition he's played, NJ has pretty good football as they showed when Don Bosco Prep came down here and beat STA last year.

i think sometimes we can be a little biased when it comes to south florida recruits, i agree that they have extremely talented players, however to discount recruits from any other region is silly, this guy is solid, he's dominating those kids like he should, like a kid from south florida would . . . he has size, good hands, speed, what more can you want from a prospect

Definitely a huge step down from Dixon and Rudolph in my opinion.

He might be a step up, not a step down.

How many kids have we recruited for WR (ever) that could high jump 7 feet?

We don't have a single jumper on the UM track team that can go 7 feet. I've checked the roster on hurricanesports.com.

The best high jumper is the kid named Friday, and he's around 6'8".

Now, you can talk about all the ball skills that Dixon and Rudolph have, but this kid can jump out of Sunlife Stadium.

This makes him a very intriguing prospect. Maybe he'll never be the polished receiver that Rudolph, Dixon or Lane might be, but he's got very interesting potential.

Advertisement
Definitely a huge step down from Dixon and Rudolph in my opinion.

And a sign we arent getting these two

May or may not be true. Every neurotic poster reads everything into every little fact. I think this kid merits recruitment just based on size and athletic ability. See my other post about his jumping ability. I don't think we've ever come close to having a leaper like him. That in and of itself should be very appealing to coaches.

I also read that he has received some recent interest from Ohio State. Does that mean that Ohio State is now of the belief that they might not get Dixon so they're "settling" for this backup plan?

If you are going to take plan B kids, let them be 6'4 with an insane long jump.

As JJ said "you can coach a kid to catch a football...you can't coach size and speed"

And it's not like the kid is a project. It's just frustrating seeing us continue to miss elite local kids.

Johnnie Football just threw it up and Evans outleaped everyone for the ball, could be that kind of player.

Advertisement
Back