2014 TE Herndon Keeping Options Open

Advertisement
Wouldn't hurt this class one bit if he decommits, We are loaded at TE and I think we would easy find another H-back to replace him.

I'd be ok with sitting this class out at TE. Wouldn't want to reach, so I'd do it kind of like Coley last year and say if we can get an Elite, we take him, and if not, deal with it next year.

Advertisement
It's been said a million times already, but I'm sure golden and co. Are keeping their options open as well

I've been meaning to ask, whats the deal with Pierce (qualify?) and then its that other TE kid from Southridge in 2015 Devonaire Clarington. So it wouldn't be a big issue if he did de-commit. I think this kid has potential as an H-back as he stated they told him would play, but maybe an attempt to get a presence in Georgia. Many kids in Georgia are leary about their ability to get on the field over State of Florida athletes, especially SoFl kids.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So every year we hope to flip guys who are committed to other schools and hold onto hope until the last day. But it's a sin for any of our commits, including the under the radar kids who may be just receiving some new interest, to listen to and keep their other options on the table! Sounds pretty logical to me.

I like where we are. If we score big at the end of the cycle this kind of commit will be easy to walk away from. I'm not sure the staff isn't encouraging some of these lower ranked kids to keep their options open as they can be replaced by a similar talent.

Advertisement
I like where we are. If we score big at the end of the cycle this kind of commit will be easy to walk away from. I'm not sure the staff isn't encouraging some of these lower ranked kids to keep their options open as they can be replaced by a similar talent.

doesnt hurt that he's from a non-feeder school as well

[]_[]nique-31;1546741 said:
So every year we hope to flip guys who are committed to other schools and hold onto hope until the last day. But it's a sin for any of our commits, including the under the radar kids who may be just receiving some new interest, to listen to and keep their other options on the table! Sounds pretty logical to me.

That's very classy and refined of you, but if guys want to keep their options open, then they shouldn't commit. Pretty simple concept isn't it? I doubt UM fans would have a problem with him if he wasn't committed. It isn't really all that odd though when fans of a particular school get tweaked when their commits act like this dude.

[]_[]nique-31;1546741 said:

That's very classy and refined of you, but if guys want to keep their options open, then they shouldn't commit. Pretty simple concept isn't it? I doubt UM fans would have a problem with him if he wasn't committed. It isn't really all that odd though when fans of a particular school get tweaked when their commits act like this dude.

I mean grown men change their mind if they haven't signed a contract so it should never be a surprise if a 16 or 17 changes his mind on the biggest decision of his life

TE might be our thinest position in about a year or two depending. Not much after left after Sandland, Walford, and Cleveland leave. Just Dobard.

Advertisement
Back