2014 Recruiting (Admins/Mods)

Consigliere

All-American
You think we can get a list pinned to the top on official visits, early enrollees and targets. While I love D$’s Pre-Season List, I think you can update some relevant stuff. Here is me helping a hand (people can add if they would like).

Early Enrollees List ( “+” Indicates they already enrolled, # Indicates they may enroll early):

1. Berrios+,
2. Young+,
3. T. Harris+,
4. Yearby+,
5. Darling+,
6. McDermott+,
7. Owens #,
8. Heurtelou #
9. Wyche # (out of the loop, trying to get waiver)

-------------------------------------------------------
Targets (w/visits): Please note this is based on a bunch of articles and other BS

Green: HS Seniors
Orange: JUCO

QB:

RB: Michel

OL:

TE:

WR: I. Ford (1/24), Njoku (12/8), B. Lenius and Lane

DT: L. Gaillard (1/24) and T. Valentine (1/31)

DE:

LB:

DB: JC Jackson (12/13) and P. Porter (1/31)

ATH: K. McKnight (1/31), T. Harris (1/31) and T. Ross (1/24)

Current Commits (26):

QB: Kayaa (1) and Rosier (2)
RB: Yearby (3)
TE: Herdon (4)
OL: McDermott (5), Gibbons (6), Darling (7) and Linder (8)
WR: Berrios (9), Brady (10) and Lagham (11)

ATH: Gray (12)

DT: Jenkins (13), Moton (14), Wyche (15) and Heurtelou (16)
DE: Jackson (17) and Harris (18)
DE/LB: Smith (19) and Thomas (20)
LB: Young (21), Owens (22) and McCray (23)
DB: Mayes (24), Gayot (25) and Hester (26)

----------------------------------------------------
How do we get the ability to enroll 29 today (This Has Nothing To Do With Sanctions)?

21 kids signed of which 3 never enrolled (Grooms, Kinnard & Gadbois). We added transfers Michael Williams (DB WF) Blake Ayles (TE USC) and Ryan Williams (QB Memphis). [21-3+3=21]

Of these 21 kids above, 3 enrolled early (Ayles, Finnie and Pierre) so we had 18 apply to the 2011 class with 7 that could carry over.

+7 (Could Be Applied to 2011)

33 kids signed of which 1 never enrolled (Jean-Louis). [33-1=32]

Of these 32 kids, 9 enrolled early (Crow, Hope, Dewey, Flowers, Gabois, Gunter, Kirby, Hoilett and Witt) but only 7 could be counted towards 2011.

7 of the 32 kids applied to 2011. 25 kids applied toward 2012, so we had 0 scholarship carry over.

0 (Could be applied to 2012)

20 kids signed of which 3 never enrolled (Griffin, Lockley and Bond). We added transfers David Gilbert (DE Wisc), Pat O'Donnell (Cinn P), Naim Mustafaa (DE OSU) and Justin Renfrow (DT UVA). [20-3+4=21]

Of these 21 kids, 5 enrolled early (Sandland, Dobard, Knighton, Figueroa and Odogwu ) but none counted towards 2012. We had 21 apply to the 2013 class with a carryover of 4.

My guess is we are at +4. Which means (ignoring sanctions) we could bring in 29 kids, 4 could apply to the 2013 class (if they enrolled early).

+4 (Could be applied to 2013)
+25 (Normal 2014 Max)
29 Ships Available*

*This is not definitive, just my best guess*
**Also, there may be some weird rule that involves graduate transfer and the placement of the scholarships**
Some Random Posts I had

Official Visits: I don't understand why people object to a visit.

Assuming the kid is not a cancer (i.e. a nuisance/distraction or spying for another school), what is the harm?

So if Prince or Fournette want to visit and these kids are "studs" what is the harm?

http://www.canesinsight.com/threads/60721-All-American-Commits-amp-Targets

Recruiting in General:

I will tell you why people are upset, I will tell you why people may be upset, I will also tell you why some are pleased and it is a real simple answer too.

1. We have currently 31 kids committed/signed FA (with Lockley and Griffin). That is a lot. In this class there are a bunch of studs who are already committed/signed and they will not be creating any NSD buzz because of their prior decisions (i.e. old news). The problem is there is still a full month of recruiting left and 90-95% (maybe higher) of the class is set. Sure there are some targets left (Cook, Michel, JC Jackson, Lane and Rudolph etc.) but for the most part our class is done. In the recruiting world it is what have you done for me lately....not what have you already done. So why are class may be ranked top (insert number here), it doesn’t matter.

Why some schools are getting their studs on NSD, we already have most of ours committed/signed so that means NSD may be uneventful. Since some people are simple minded, they think the class sucks because there is no heart attack excitement on NSD.

IMO, I prefer an uneventful NSD as long as (see #2) our kids are committed or enrolled at this point. I don’t need an exciting NSD, I prefer kids committed and an uneventful NSD.

2. The Locals may be going elsewhere (Dixon, Cook, Michel, JC Jackson, Lane and Rudolph). For many this is all that matters in recruiting, how did you do locally?

While we have a good amount of elite talent locally (i.e. C. Thomas, KC McDermott, J. Yearby, A. Moton, T. Valentine and T. Darling etc.) there are too many kids out there who are local and elite that go elsewhere. I agree that there are some local elite kids who we should get our hands on and sign; and while we have a good amount of them committed/signed there are still more and there is always room for improvement. There is always room (not actual scholarship space) to get another local stud. One should never settle…

I think in general it is the Wild Wild West down here in South Florida. I also think it is impossible to get some kids to stay home no matter how hard you recruit or what you say…some kids can’t be persuaded. Some kids seek other interests (for a multitude of reasons), some kids want to get away and sometimes you can’t win them all. I really don’t think every kid can be persuaded to go to Miami (without getting into some crazy recruiting tactics).

I think you need to maximize and grab as many of these kids as possible. But at the same time I think it is possible to recruit out of South Florida and get a compliment (it is just harder). IMO, a true compliment is as good as the local elite recruit. I just need a similar quality recruit who can replace the local recruit. I don’t care where they come from as long as they come.

For example: instead of Lane (Local Elite South Florida WR) we get Griffin (Elite OOS WR)

The issue is some people are unable to grasp the concept of compliments because football doesn’t exist outside of South Florida. I judge a class on its WHOLE and when it is finished. If we miss on some local studs, bring in a compliment. So bring in local studs, bring in non-local studs JUST BRING THEM IN!

3. Some people are just unrealistic and unhappy. No matter what, no matter who, some people just don’t see any positive and focus on the negative. This is based on a bunch of reasons (only recruit South Florida, Golden Sucks, the Scheme on Defense sucks etc.) and it is what it is, people can have their own opinions.

The bottom line is the class is almost full, there are some good targets available and while the class is excellent there is room for improvement (as there is always).

http://www.canesinsight.com/threads/60650-Travis-Rudolph/page3

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Add Cory Johnson to your list. Isn't supposed to visit within the next two months?

I added him to the list with his visit date. I also wanted to show you the different faces of Cory Johnson

Happy

4_953124.jpg

No Idea

489.jpg

Advertisement
I remember reading somewhere that Yearby was going to do track instead of enrolling early, is that not the case anymore?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back