2014 prospect Tyrell Tomlin calls Miami "my dream offer"

I do not doubt Tomlin, but I'm cautious when players say that Miami is their "dream school" (or say anything remotely similar in that regard). I've heard this story before (e.g., Eddie Goldman)... I'm hoping for a positive ending this time around.

Lets hope he's similar to Kirby. A linebacker from Georgia with sec offers who just loves the u.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ok. I'll give two ***** when he actually signs his name on the NLOI or when he starts publicly recruiting for the program. Until then he is just another potentially immature prospect that may or may not change his mind at the last minute.

i don't ever want to hear "dream offer" and "miami" in the same sentence this early in recruiting because as we all learned it means nothing

Ok. I'll give two ****s when he actually signs his name on the NLOI or when he starts publicly recruiting for the program. Until then he is just another potentially immature prospect that may or may not change his mind at the last minute.

this.

I think alot of us fans get confused when they say its a dream school or offer. Just because its your dream school does not mean its the best school for you. That could be due to any number of reasons. It could be because of depth chart, it could be distance from home, it could be style of play doesn't match your skill set. This what everyone needs to take into consideration.

Advertisement
Here is how I'm going to look at "my dream offer" statements from now on.

1- if recruit says its his "my dream offer" but does not commit then its not his "my dream offer".

2- if a recruit does not enthusiastically set up an official visit he is not interested.
I don't care if he lives across the street from campus and can visit whenever he wants.

Advertisement
Miami is an attractive place for kids from Atlanta area.

Obviously 'dream offer' means something different for a kid who didn't grow up in a family that rooted for the team but as we just saw with Corn the Elder, it can still make a difference.

Lots of studs from Georgia. How does UGA not have more National Championships under their belt?

Advertisement
Lots of studs from Georgia. How does UGA not have more National Championships under their belt?

agreed, Georgia has like 9 kids at the combine, including 3 of 4 secondary, 3 of 4 LB, i think 2 of 3 DL (they ran 3-4 on defense) also has a WR there as well. most of the kids hold top 3 draft grades too...how did people score on them?

Advertisement
Back