2014 OLB/MLB Juwon Young

Advertisement
That boy can play, another Georgia goon squad member I lover it. An the kids video says he has a 3.0 GPA so that means he should not be an admissions issue.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/miami/football/recruiting/player-Juwon-Young-141965

Go Canes

Last edited:
If you are wondering why he doesn't have a ton of offers its because of grades. SEC school are waiting for this semesters grades to come in before they offer. FWIW people are saying it is looks like he will show improvement in the classroom.

If you are wondering why he doesn't have a ton of offers its because of grades. SEC school are waiting for this semesters grades to come in before they offer. FWIW people are saying it is looks like he will show improvement in the classroom.

His video says he has a 3.0 GPA so is he lying?

Advertisement

His video says he has a 3.0 GPA so is he lying?
I am not going to say he is lying just that it has been said/rumored for awhile now he has things in the classroom to get fixed. Everybody knows who he is but look at his offer list.

16.jpg

That is a grown man playing in high school. The better question is does he have interest in UM, and would he stick as a commit, if the SEC big dogs coming calling after UM offers him.

Go Canes

The following quotes are from ITU:

“People are wondering why I haven’t been getting the big offers,” Young started. “Schools are waiting on my SAT scores, but not my grades. My GPA in my core classes is good, I get a lot of A’s and B’s. I took the test once but I have five more chances at it if I need to. I’m taking it again on June 1st and hopefully that will be the last time.”

“Miami is standing out real well after Coach Barrow came by,” Young said. “When they offered me, they took a chance. They believe in me to get my work done and score what I need to on the test. They don’t even know me completely and that’s not a problem for them. They were so up front and they didn’t hide anything. I liked that a lot and it gives me a little extra drive.”

“I asked which camp date I should come to but they said it didn’t matter, as long as I make it,” Young laughed. “I’ve been playing the waiting game for so long that when I got the offer, my heart dropped in my stomach. That’s my dream man, I always wanted to go somewhere in Florida no matter what. To my surprise, here comes Miami, I love it. They got Ray Lewis on the Ravens, he’s still one of the best linebackers in the league. Just that alone makes the school great.”

“I use technique but I mix that with aggressiveness and it’s taken me a long way,” Young said. “I keep it to a point where I’m still in control of my movement and not overrunning tackles. I maintain that level where it’s not at a minimum or a maximum, it’s really somewhere in between.”

Advertisement
Wow its sounds like the young man is big on who takes a chance on him. As for just knowing about ray Lewis he will have a fit when he sees him in person around campus.

Someone needs to email, or tweet this kid the website for FREE SAT/GRE/ACT TESTING its NUMBER2.COM. This is one of the best and oldest free testing sites, it is adaptive and will tailor the testing to the applicants weaknesses in order to strengthen them.

He is wearing the right colors!

Go Canes

Read somewhere Young grew up a fan of UFag.

Yeah he seems like he is in love with the SEC, but does seem focused on getting prepared for the NFL even if he doesn't make it.

Go Canes

Juwon Young Interview
[video=youtube;uBbhFenQ4_U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?client=mv-google&hl=en&gl=US&v=uBbhFenQ4_U&nomobile=1[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
http://www.albanyherald.com/news/2013/may/07/miami-top-choice-albany-high-lb-young-after-recent/

ALBANY — He hasn’t even seen the swaying coconut palms or the beauty and swagger of South Beach or the gorgeous campus in Coral Gables, but Albany High’s Juwon Young, one of the top linebackers in this part of the country, is leaning toward the University of Miami.

#Young isn’t a Hurricane yet, but Miami beat all the big boys to the front door, and while Auburn, Florida, Georgia and other major programs — all of which have shown interest in Young — are waiting, Miami has already been to Albany and offered Young a scholarship.

#Miami linebackers coach Micheal Barrow, who was an All-American at Miami and had a stellar career in the NFL, came to Albany High and personally offered Young a scholarship.

#“Miami is at the top of my list,’’ said Young, who was shocked to see Barrow at the school. “I had talked to him, and he told me about a month ago that he planned on visiting me but I had no idea when he was coming.’’

#Young was in second period — environmental science — when he was called to the office.

#“I thought my mother had come to the school for something,’’ Young said. “When I got to the office Micheal Barrow was talking with all the administrators.

#“I was surprised. I was super surprised to see him,’’ Young said. “My heart dropped to my stomach. I didn’t know how to act. He told me he was coming, but I didn’t expect him to be here so soon.’’

#Young was the talk of camps at Auburn and Florida last summer before his junior season, and he has had several offers from schools such as North Carolina, Western Kentucky, South Alabama, Marshall and others, but none of the SEC schools have stepped up yet.

#“They are all waiting on my test scores,’’ Young said. “But Miami came here and when I talked to (Barrow) I felt like he believed in me. He’s the linebackers coach, and we had a long talk. We talked for a while, and he came out and offered me. I’ve had a lot of offers, but none of the SEC schools have offered me yet. It meant a lot that Miami made me the offer.’’

#Young, who is 6-foot-3 and weighs in at 230, brings that blend of power and speed that every college is looking for in a linebacker. He is unrelenting and plays with a passion for the game that sets him apart.

#Young made 115 tackles, including 15 for losses and three sacks, and had three fumble recoveries as a junior at Albany High. He was even more impressive at college-hosted football camps, where his name emerged as one of the top linebackers. Young knows how they feel about him at Auburn and Florida.

#“They raved about me in the camps at Auburn and Florida, and Georgia, too, but they are all waiting,’’ Young said. “I can see myself going to Miami. I’ve got them at the top of my list now. I wouldn’t be surprised if I committed to them.’’

#Young is planning on attending Miami’s camp June 6-8, and that will be an unofficial visit. He said he plans on making an official visit later.

#“I am going to wait to make a decision,’’ Young said. “But I see all of these other schools are holding back, and I see Miami believing in me.’’

Advertisement
:neonu: This is the kind of ish I like to hear. Hope we have made a solid impression on the kid. Good luck with your tests son!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back