2014 MLB Draft

StlCane

Sophomore
Premium
Andrew Suarez the first Cane taken off the board at number 57 overall to the Nationals.

LHP Andrew Suarez - 2nd round 57 overall Nationals
LHP/1b Brian Gonzalez(signee) - 3rd round 90 overall Orioles
LHP Chris Diaz - 5th round 163 overall Braves
CF Dale Carey - 7th round 214 overall Nationals
LHP Bryan Radziewski - 9th round 256 overall Astros
RHP Javi Salas - 10th round 296 overall Brewers
LF Tyler Palmer - 21st round 629 overall Angels
SS George Iskenderian(signee) - 34th round 1035 overall Cardinals
SS Kirvin Moesquit(signee) - 36th round 1070 overall Twins
CF Carl Chester(signee) - 38th round 1136 overall Brewers
C John Jones(signee) - 39th round 1160 overall Twins
2b Alex Hernandez - 40th round 1186 overall Astros
LHP Michael Mediavilla(signee) - 40th round 1205 overall Reds

Last edited:
Advertisement
Very cool for Andrew. He took a big risk coming here, IIRC the Blue Jays offered him ~1 million to sign coming out of HS. Good to see it work out for him.

Very cool for Andrew. He took a big risk coming here, IIRC the Blue Jays offered him ~1 million to sign coming out of HS. Good to see it work out for him.

He was not offered one million. He came here because it was the better option.

We just lost Brian Gonzalez. He was drafted 90th overall in the 3rd round.

Advertisement
Advertisement
good news is smith and Chester still haven't been taken, correct? and neither has lepore?

I spoke to BigB (Brian gonzalez) earlier today but I didn't really get much, I'll let the situation settle down then talk to him again and ask where he stands. Even though I believe he goes (from talking to him and what I've heard), I would not be surprised at all if he's at miami come fall. Him being the orioles top pick obviously doesn't help our position

Last edited by a moderator:
good news is smith and Chester still haven't been taken, correct? and neither has lepore?

I spoke to BigB (Brian gonzalez) earlier today but I didn't really get much, I'll let the situation settle down then talk to him again and ask where he stands. Even though I think he goes, I would not be surprised at all if he's at miamk come fall.

Correct sir. 10 rounds completed and the only signee drafted is Brian Gonzalez. This looks real, real promising for us. Would be shocked now if anyone we lost anyone else besides Gonzalez. Back to back years with some great talent coming in. Hopefully its enough to overcome the lack of coaching.

Advertisement

I spoke to BigB (Brian gonzalez) earlier today but I didn't really get much, I'll let the situation settle down then talk to him again and ask where he stands. Even though I believe he goes (from talking to him and what I've heard), I would not be surprised at all if he's at miami come fall. Him being the orioles top pick obviously doesn't help our position

What's to talk about? UM has never landed a signee drafted nearly that high. He's gone.

What's to talk about? UM has never landed a signee drafted nearly that high. He's gone.

Well mainly I was just congratulating him because I've known him for 4 years

Advertisement

Huh? Never? UM has had first and 2nd round draftees enroll. ****, Kenny Henderson was drafted #5 overall in the first round.

Scott Maine, the Cather about 8 years ago, I thought Charles Johnson was a first rounder out of high school as well. Could be wrong on last two, but Maine was a first rounder.

You've written this before and you've been wrong before. Try a new theme.

Post draft update.. Miami is in a good position to get most of their recruits to campus. Brian Gonzalez is the only one who will most likely sign. I have also heard that SS Kirvin Moesquit will go JUCO instead of UM. Overall, UM should be extremely happy!

Advertisement
Back