2014 LB Updates His Recruitment

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
2014 LB Vincent Jackson from Tampa Jesuit High School is already a hot commodity, garnering 28 offers heading into only his junior season. Among those offers includes USC, Oregon, Miami, Notre Dame, Mizzou, Auburn, Michigan State, Oklahoma, and Stanford.

“Some stick out right now, but I don’t really have like a set top schools. I like Miami a lot. It’s a private school, a degree from Miami means a lot,” said Jackson.

His teammate, Travis Johnson, recently committed to Miami and there are a few other guys from the Tampa area that are currently playing for Miami. This could make an impact on where Jackson goes.

“It kinda makes it better for me because I have friends that already go there like Anthony Chickillo another friend that just went there this year, Antonio Crawford, and Tyriq McCord so that makes it better for me there,” he added.

Playing with Travis Johnson, Jackson knows how special of a player he can be.

“When you need a score, he’s the go-to-guy. He catches just about everything,” Jackson said.

Jackson says that he has talk to “pretty much the entire Miami coaching staff”. Last season, he recorded 62 tackles and 8 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, and a blocked field goal despite spraining his wrist in the middle of the year.

Advertisement
these (expletives) come up in your house, in your living room, sit on your (expletive) couch and grab the remote controller, and change the channel on your (expletive) tv!

Advertisement
Does he really have all of those elite offers as a rising junior? When you see a 10th grader with an offer sheet like that, you would think the guy would be top 10 nationally or something....haven't really heard much about him.

Advertisement
He is a national recruit. I'm pretty sure those offers are legit. He seems like a good kid, so I doubt he is lying

Advertisement
Staff is going HAM in Tampa. There is a reason why Carroll is now in charge of that area. Golden really wants to get a stranglehold of that area and we have done just that.

Excellent size. Showed talent and a variety of skills. Needs to get faster. Seems to be a technician, which indicates good football IQ: He is receptive to coaching, can process and retain, then execute. Showed good balance and solid footwork as an in-line blocker and trap blocker at TE. Did not show a wide variety of moves at the DE spot but he has good get off and good punch at the point of attack and played to the whistle. His best asset is his recognition skills: he read blocks well and showed good effort in pursuit. May be best suited for DE in 3-4 and 4-3 sets. Very good prospect to be so young. High ceiling.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back