2014 LB Muhammad Enjoyed Miami Visit

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2014 Fort Pierce Central linebacker Shareif Rhaheed Muhammad got his first chance to see Coral Gables last weekend and had quite the time.

“It was my first time going to Miami so it was a good experience. I was talking to coach Paul (Williams) and the linebackers Coach (Michael) Barrow. So it was real good.”

Muhammad has a large interest in the hometown hurricanes despite the fact that he is committed to LSU.

“The tradition, the ‘U Family’ , the pro players. It’s close to home and everybody from where I’m from likes Miami or Florida.”

Muhammad has taken a big liking to the Miami staff and has a tremendous amount of respect for them.

“I like that they came from a smalls school, they came from Temple. So that to me shows that they know how to coach you good. I like that they’re cool, they’re down to earth and they seem like they’re good people.”

The Fort Pierce Central star remains a pledge to LSU but is still planning on visiting other schools including USC, Louisville and then returning to Baton Rouge.

The 6’3 205 linebacker is still in search of an offer from Miami, but did say what it would take to force him to back out of his pledge.

“I just have to feel that Miami is better then LSU. Miami still hasn’t offered so until I get the offer I’m not thinking about them too much.”

When asked what he is looking for in a school, Muhammad has some big factors.

“The area, like the city is big for me since I have to stay there four to five years. A chance to play early, a family environment, a chance to win bowl games and a place I can fit in.”

Advertisement
Wasn't he LB MVP at one of the camps? What's the holdup on an offer? There don't seem to be a ton of college-ready elite Lbers in this class, and Shareif seems to have a very high ceiling.

Wasn't he LB MVP at one of the camps? What's the holdup on an offer? There don't seem to be a ton of college-ready elite Lbers in this class, and Shareif seems to have a very high ceiling.

He was at the last camp watching. He had a cast on his arm.

Advertisement
So how good is this kid (highlights if you have them) and why haven't we offered?

Advertisement
I want him just so we can say we have multiple people named Muhammad on the team.

Infidel! Silence, I keel you! ;-)

AQM already says he reads the boards. Somehow I doubt he would find that funny, even if it's sarcasm.

I'm collecting negs, are you a member of the castrati? Sorry this isn't cricket. ;-)

No insult intended, but if he is so brittle as to be emotionally damaged by a comment by a quote of a comedian on a board like this one then I worry about his ability to handle the stress of playing CFB. More likely he's heard it before, thinks it's funny, or doesn't care one way or the other.

Go Mo! I will be one of the guys cheering when you make a sack!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back