2014 DT Cerenord Looking For Big Season

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
2014 DT Edgar Cerenord (6’2, 280) from American Heritage Plantation is not a name a lot of people are familiar with, but need to keep a close eye on this upcoming season.

“I plan on getting at least 15 sacks with probably 50 to 60 tackles. I’m looking to double everything from last year.”

Cerenord had an eventful summer, taking his talents to three different schools on the camp circuit.

“I went to the Miami camp, Florida State camp, and Rutgers camp. I performed well, it was a couple of adjustments, but I think I did really good overall.”

As far as how the recruiting process is going, Cerenord gave an update.

“Pitt recently has been talking to me, I have letters from Alabama, Georgia, LSU, University of Miami, Rutgers Wisconsin, Florida State. I’ve talked to coach Partridge from Wisconsin and coach D’Onofrio from Miami.”

What is the American Heritage defensive lineman looking for in a school?

“Growing up, I liked all the Florida schools. Right now, I have to look at the environments and take more visits and research. Most and foremost academics and playing time are important. If I work at it, the playing time will come though.”

He described his talents on the field.

“I am mostly balanced, because I’m not a super strong guy, but I’m very quick off the ball.”

He also spoke about what he liked about the ‘Canes when he went for the camp.

“I like the tradition and the coaches, they are hard-nosed coaches.”

Somebody that Cerenord is close to is a name that almost all Miami fans know by now, 2014 RB Sony Michel.

“Sony brought me to the school, he’s been a big help for me and a team leader. It’s far blood, we are connected, but it’s deep.”

Where does Cerenord think Michel is leaning towards?

“Sony isn’t actually a jokester, so he’s basically open. Even though he’s from Miami and wants to stay home, he just wants to go where he fits in.”

American Heritage should be primed for a great season, even though they fell to Jacksonville powerhouse Bolles, 30-27 on Friday.

“We just recently lost to Jacksonville Bolles, but our season is going pretty well, the team is looking good and were working hard. We plan on getting it done in September.”

If there is somebody he models his game after, he said it would be Lions star, Ndamukong Suh.

“I view myself as being like Ndamukong Suh. He’s a big, physical guy on the field and I’ve watched him since Nebraska to the NFL. I like his aggressiveness.”

Cerenord's Sophomore Highlights:

[video=youtube;5l7Ox8wPUBs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l7Ox8wPUBs&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Advertisement
Advertisement
would love to land him moten and clark at DT plus he plays with sony so thats a plus

Edgar was poised to have a good junior season but he got hurt the third game of the year. He had spent the summer taking boxing lessons and working out with Adewale Ojomo, Antonio Dixon and Elvis Dumervil. He has hairline fracture on his femur but he still came back early to play the last game of the year and the Jackson game where he had close to 10 tackles.

He weighed in at 6'1.5" and 299 at UM's junior day this past saturday. He is good friends with Khairi Clark and they will be working out together this summer.

Advertisement
Boxing lessons with Ojomo? That's like taking Laptop Theft lessons with Finnie and Cam Newton.

Advertisement
Edgar was poised to have a good junior season but he got hurt the third game of the year. He had spent the summer taking boxing lessons and working out with Adewale Ojomo, Antonio Dixon and Elvis Dumervil. He has hairline fracture on his femur but he still came back early to play the last game of the year and the Jackson game where he had close to 10 tackles.

He weighed in at 6'1.5" and 299 at UM's junior day this past saturday. He is good friends with Khairi Clark and they will be working out together this summer.

Hopefully that bond with Clark extends to Michel. Keeping those three home together would be nice.

This class needs to be the class that brings us back. I see "The U Documentary, Part III" focusing on this class :newman:

Advertisement
Like his film...looks pretty well coached too. No DLine expert or anything but its nice to see a high school DT do something other than bull rush.

We need a DT it board, this kid, Moten, Clark, and I know there was another big DT at junior day.

"I’ve talked to coach Partridge from Wisconsin and coach D’Onofrio from Miami.”

Coach Partridge is at Arkansas now. Has been since Beliema left Wisky.

"I’ve talked to coach Partridge from Wisconsin and coach D’Onofrio from Miami.”

Coach Partridge is at Arkansas now. Has been since Beliema left Wisky.

You'll note that the article is from September.

Advertisement
Back