2014 DE Michael Smith (Miami Northwestern)

bump for this beast.

He better be apart of that next class....that first step off the line is ridic.

Advertisement
Intense, violent, versatile. The SoFla list posted earlier was surprisingly slim on LBs, this kid looks like a no-brainer and the type of kid Golden has gone after.

as i mentioned before,style is very simlar to EJ V2!
agressive and explosion of the line.

He made all Dade tem with 18 sacks i believe!

Advertisement
why does every kid have to be a hybrid lb/de etc.
why can't he just be a pass rusher in a 4-3?
we used to just take oversized lbers and make them d ends and they played at 240-250.
it is much harder to go from d end to lb than lb to end. it usually doesn't work out. you can go from safety to lb. but, not usually lb to safety. lb to de, but, not backwards.

I'm sure his role will depend on how his body develops. Hard to know that. Frame doesn't look huge to me, but he's a player either way.

Isn't he 220? If so, that's actually decent for a 4-3 college DE at his age. This is the type of kid you RS his first year and as a RS FR, he's a 250+ pound pass rusher. Average college DEs at this level are in the 250-265 range.

Advertisement
If Golden can get Michael Smith and Keyon Brown next year, then Chad Thomas can go to FSU, Arkansas, Ole Miss, or whatever random school Ice is going to send his kids too, and i wouldnt give a ****.

Advertisement
Need more of these fast-twitch, lightning first step dudes on defense as we usher out the leadfooted sloths polluting the roster.

Reminds me of Bruce Irvin.

Need more of these fast-twitch, lightning first step dudes on defense as we usher out the leadfooted sloths polluting the roster.

Reminds me of Bruce Irvin.

Only issue was he couldnt stop the run and he never was great in the weight and that's what i want to see from him and the coaches have to be on him about it.

Advertisement
I just hope this dude's middle name starts with a W

272.jpg

Intense, violent, versatile. The SoFla list posted earlier was surprisingly slim on LBs, this kid looks like a no-brainer and the type of kid Golden has gone after.

Hey Swag...

If you are referring to CaneHunt '14, we only post those prospects that have received an "offer" from the Canes. It's just that we can't track every possible prospect on our boards. We project more than 200 offers this year for UM.

Let's keep an eye on him and if he gets an offer from Miami, we certainly put him on the board. BTW, based on his measureables, he looks like a OLB at the college level. Perhaps Peter can comment on where Michael projects?

Tex
:cigar:

Advertisement
Back