2014 Baseball Season Preview

Advertisement
Soy, very good write up on the state of the team going into the year. I wish I could be optimistic, but your first paragraph says it all for 23qweaeszme, "The most concerning thing to me is the coaching and the instruction these players will get. I think the attitude in general during intrasquad games is way too much relaxed. I watched Collins, Palmer and Kennedy all fail really badly at executing a bunt, and all you see is coaches getting disgruntled in their huddle past second base in the OF, they don't actually TEACH at all. I'm stopping everything at that moment, and going to show these guys the fundamentals and they are going to stay at that plate until they get it down. Maybe a bit extreme, but if you have watched our baseball team play the past 3 years, this is what we need."

It took cleaning house in football and basketball to begin rebuilding both programs and I don't see baseball improving until there is new direction.

Via Matt Porter, Chris Barr red shirting this year due to shoulder problems. Could end up costing us a game or two late in the game on the base paths or in the field.

Advertisement
Back