2013 WR Jordan Cunningham (Fort Lauderdale, Florida)

Advertisement
Whos mike bakas?

Mike Bakas is one of Scout.com's Florida recruiting writers. He's the main Scout guy for Canestime (Scout Miami site)

He is only good as far as being able to guess where a recruit might be leaning at a given time. He talks to people associated with the kids, he talks to the kids themselves, therefore he can give a fairly accurate guess on where they're thinking about going.

Talent evaluation? Take it with a huge grain of salt. He misses more than he hits there to me. Team match ups and strategy talk? Ignore him completely. He has no idea what he's talking about there. Seriously.

Our very own Mike Blackass is much more trusted and reliable. Be sure not to confuse the two.

how do we know Howard is better then Jiles? only time will tell. I do remember Bakas screaming about how Ricardo Allen was the best cover corner in the state and none of the big 3 offered. Dude went on to become a freshman all american at Purdue

Advertisement
His high school wide receivers coach is Kevin Beard.

imagejpeg

^^ he looks more explosive/sudden and faster than Hank IMO (also catches everything thrown his way it seems)

Advertisement
University isnt exactly playing top competition. Lockhart's fim looks better to me

That's the truth, the kid is a beast, but his team plays against my former high school. Which is a tiny private school with a joke football team.

Not saying he is not good, but a lot of kids can make un-athletic white boys look bad.

Advertisement
who is his QB???

Gunnar Holcombe, a 2012 mid level type BCS guy (I say that as complimentary) was his QB. US has another kid in the pipeline, that they feel will be even better at QB this year. I forgot his name but I believe he's an even better baseball prospect. I saw them both camp. Maybe someone here knows more about him?

BTW not only does Kevin Beard coach at US, but so does former Hurricane DB Chad Wilson... as well as former FSU DB Stanford Samuels who has a healthy respect for the Canes.

You really DO have to keep the competition in mind when watching highlights for a University School kid... they play at a very, very low level against some small and slow kids.

Keep that in mind when you are "evaluating" kids off 2 minutes of internet highlights. NFL GM's get to watch 4 seasons of physically developed college game tape from ESPN, ABC, etc, plus coaches tape. They get to poke them, prod them, work them out, give them test after test, sick their docs on them... and they still miss about 50% of the time.

Last edited:
Advertisement
University isnt exactly playing top competition. Lockhart's fim looks better to me

That's the truth, the kid is a beast, but his team plays against my former high school. Which is a tiny private school with a joke football team.

Not saying he is not good, but a lot of kids can make un-athletic white boys look bad.

true but im white and i could stick with him if i was on a college work out plan

The top deep threat wide receiver in the nation...I would love to see a video of someone proclaimed to be better at stretching the field.

I take it you've seen all the other wr's in the nation thus far? Pretty outragous claim to make with limited info.

Advertisement
Back