2013 OT Denver Kirkland (Miami, Florida)

-definite guard

-kid at his size has pretty good feet.( He's about 6'3-6'4 290-300)

-Booker t plays in the spread alot so his pass pro might be on the better side for incoming lineman

-lets guys get into him...and sort of LEANS as stated and overpowers or rides them out
That works in high school.but at the next level your toast with that leaning stuff once a dlineman gets that close.

-Needs to work on his "PUNCH"...i saw the punch from B-Wash, Flowers, Seantrel those guys were stonewalling people in high school ....dont see it in him yet....even though he will be an inside guy.,.that punch is still essential.

-also finishing off blocks...I LOVE that mentality in an ol...finish them off and moving to 2nd level.

to me Kirkland looks like a kid i'd defintely recruit....but dont think hes an instant impact guy right now....hes a guy that would do well with a shirt...but a definate take out of a powerhouse pipeline school

Advertisement
Very athletic. Can easily get to the second level and hit a moving defender. Has fluid movement and quick feet needed to ride DEs past the QB and adjust and mirror the DE. Showed good run blocking skills: he can get separation and move the pile; he finishes his blocks and has a nastiness about it.

May be best suited for G at the next level.

He's going to have to refine his technique at the next level. Get out of his stance quicker, keep his back flat, maintain low pad level, and control throughout the block. He seems to rely on his size, strength and athleticism too much. Very good prospect. He has a lot of tools and a lot of upside.

Advertisement
Advertisement
didnt booker t have a lineman called Jose a few years ago? whatever happened to that kid??

didnt booker t have a lineman called Jose a few years ago? whatever happened to that kid??

Nothing good. He committed to UCF, ended up going JUCO or prep (dont recall which one), then made it to UCF, played some, but was kicked off the team this offseason for some issues with coaches, arrests, etc.

Advertisement
Back