2013 Game in Miami (But basically a UF home game)

Advertisement
I hate when our "fans" propagate this dopey ****. Basically a UF home game? FOH
Amen. I did a trailer count in the parking lots and there were nowhere near enough homes-on-wheels to carry more than 10,000 gators. Throw in a couple more thousand that might have caught The Greyhound and you are still under 15K. Oh, did I mention the FACT that the gator remains the ONLY major program ever to lose to AL GOLDEN. Oh and that they never even saw a Championship Trophy until we won that first NC-- only then did they realize the SEC had one.

Advertisement
I was working out and as usual, had an old Hurricanes game on my screen. In the spirit of of UM/UF week, it was the 2013 game which I attended. I have lived in North Carolina since moving from Florida in 2004. I try to make at least two games at the Rock or split in Tally. That being said, I listened to the announcers and it sounded very similar to how the game this week is being discussed. Florida was ranked 12th at the time. They had a returning QB and a nasty defense. A strong stable of backs and had just come of an 11 win season and a Orange bowl win. WE had just come off of a 7 win season and had the "Tie" and "Doritos" still running the team. I looked back on the talent level for both teams vs Saturday's game. It was night and day. The difference was one team was in shape and the other wasn't. We pulled that game off because we we handled the heat and stress better than the UF team. I looked at the players on each team in 2013. Saturday's game is much closer on talent. I picked us to win a close one in the same fashion we won that day.

Florida suited up 8 (5*) players and had 52 (4*) players
Sharrif Floyd
Ron Powell
DJ Humphries
John Bullard
Dante Fowler
Alex Anzalone
V. Hargreaves III

Miami suited up 3 (5*) players and 24 (4*) players
Seantrel Henderson
Tracy Howard
Duke Johnson

Point is, even though Miami is once again playing in a Gator friendly environment, I think we win this again because the talent is about even. This game is not a lay down like most are conceding.
That’s what I’m saying, this defense is not loaded like the uf defenses in the past and Miami is much more talented overall team than given credit for nationally

Certainly one of Miami's best wins since the program's slide began in 2006. UF was coming off a similarly impressive win in a meaningless bowl game and they were way over-hyped. Plenty of similarities between UF in 2013 and the team we'll see in 2 days:

incumbent mediocre QB
decent skill talent but nothing special
one stud DL
some very good DBs

That’s what I’m saying, this defense is not loaded like the uf defenses in the past and Miami is much more talented overall team than given credit for nationally
You got it. That was all I was trying to point out. We win this game. The team in the best shape and game plan wins it. I think JW will make some plays people may not expect.

Advertisement
Certainly one of Miami's best wins since the program's slide began in 2006. UF was coming off a similarly impressive win in a meaningless bowl game and they were way over-hyped. Plenty of similarities between UF in 2013 and the team we'll see in 2 days:

incumbent mediocre QB
decent skill talent but nothing special
one stud DL
some very good DBs
Teddy B smacked uf in the Sugar Bowl the year before ‘13.

I was working out and as usual, had an old Hurricanes game on my screen. In the spirit of of UM/UF week, it was the 2013 game which I attended. I have lived in North Carolina since moving from Florida in 2004. I try to make at least two games at the Rock or split in Tally. That being said, I listened to the announcers and it sounded very similar to how the game this week is being discussed. Florida was ranked 12th at the time. They had a returning QB and a nasty defense. A strong stable of backs and had just come of an 11 win season and a Orange bowl win. WE had just come off of a 7 win season and had the "Tie" and "Doritos" still running the team. I looked back on the talent level for both teams vs Saturday's game. It was night and day. The difference was one team was in shape and the other wasn't. We pulled that game off because we we handled the heat and stress better than the UF team. I looked at the players on each team in 2013. Saturday's game is much closer on talent. I picked us to win a close one in the same fashion we won that day.

Florida suited up 8 (5*) players and had 52 (4*) players
Sharrif Floyd
Ron Powell
DJ Humphries
John Bullard
Dante Fowler
Alex Anzalone
V. Hargreaves III

Miami suited up 3 (5*) players and 24 (4*) players
Seantrel Henderson
Tracy Howard
Duke Johnson

Point is, even though Miami is once again playing in a Gator friendly environment, I think we win this again because the talent is about even. This game is not a lay down like most are conceding.

Florida went 4-8 that year. They lost to Georgia Southern, who lost 4 games in FCS play and didn’t complete a single pass.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back