2013 Game in Miami (But basically a UF home game)

jmcanes22

Sophomore
I was working out and as usual, had an old Hurricanes game on my screen. In the spirit of of UM/UF week, it was the 2013 game which I attended. I have lived in North Carolina since moving from Florida in 2004. I try to make at least two games at the Rock or split in Tally. That being said, I listened to the announcers and it sounded very similar to how the game this week is being discussed. Florida was ranked 12th at the time. They had a returning QB and a nasty defense. A strong stable of backs and had just come of an 11 win season and a Orange bowl win. WE had just come off of a 7 win season and had the "Tie" and "Doritos" still running the team. I looked back on the talent level for both teams vs Saturday's game. It was night and day. The difference was one team was in shape and the other wasn't. We pulled that game off because we we handled the heat and stress better than the UF team. I looked at the players on each team in 2013. Saturday's game is much closer on talent. I picked us to win a close one in the same fashion we won that day.

Florida suited up 8 (5*) players and had 52 (4*) players
Sharrif Floyd
Ron Powell
DJ Humphries
John Bullard
Dante Fowler
Alex Anzalone
V. Hargreaves III

Miami suited up 3 (5*) players and 24 (4*) players
Seantrel Henderson
Tracy Howard
Duke Johnson

Point is, even though Miami is once again playing in a Gator friendly environment, I think we win this again because the talent is about even. This game is not a lay down like most are conceding.

Advertisement
Wouldn't call that a UF home game. I was there, felt 50/50 to slightly more Canes. But I am very biased. I would say it was essentially a true neutral site game.

This next game will definitely be "Gator friendly" though, I agree with that.

Advertisement
2013 was 70-30 Canes at Sun Lifeless. Amazing game day atmosphere (surprisingly). There were gators around us but they got reeeeeeally quiet pretty quick.
You think 70 - 30 Canes? I was sweating out every drink I put in so I was sober for the most part and I had nothing but Gators around me. It got quiet when Jenkins picked Driskle off near the end zone where I was sitting.

That 2013 games was not 70-30.

80% was easily canes.

All week long we were told we were going to get killed.

That 2013 team is infinitely more talented than 2019.

That 2013 games was not 70-30.

80% was easily canes.

All week long we were told we were going to get killed.

That 2013 team is infinitely more talented than 2019.
You honestly think the 2013 Miami football team has more talent than our 2019 team?

tenor.gif

Advertisement
I hate when our "fans" propagate this dopey ****. Basically a UF home game? FOH
I wasn't "propagating" anything. I was their. It's no big deal. A lot of Miami home games were like that even in the glory days. I could care less. I had fun as always.

Advertisement
Funny I just watched that game last night and was thinking the same thing.

Also my god has Miami’s roster gotten better and the 2013 squad won 9 games.

I love all my canes but we upgraded significantly on defense.

It's one of the best games i've ever been to. It was great watching UF fans eat crow again.

Advertisement
Funny I just watched that game last night and was thinking the same thing.

Also my god has Miami’s roster gotten better and the 2013 squad won 9 games.

I love all my canes but we upgraded significantly on defense.
We have. Team all around has upgraded. Coaching obviously.

Advertisement
Back