2012 Commitment List

Any word yet on who is going to be 'making space available' yet? Other than Wells there has to be a few names out there.

Advertisement
I think Tracy Howard would be here too if Shannon was still here, but that would have nothing to do with Shannon's recruiting prowess IMO.

Ethnicsfnyc, no chance does the staff go after Vernon Davis. "Too small". No chance they have the foresight to go after Gabriel Terry. They may have landed Flowers, but would not have offered him nearly that early in the process.

Duke Johnson, Keith Brown, Willie Bailey, Herb Waters, James Burgess, Eric Kinsey, Amari Cooper, and AJ Leggett (provided grades) are guys I'd think would be in this class if Randy was still here.
Bush is local and says he committed to UM because he wants to put Miami back on top. That's a kid Shannon gets, IMO.

Vernon Davis has a better frame than the little CBs Shannon avoided, and our need is just so dire this year that IMO he would have gotten through.

Terry they'd have stumbled onto in January.

Don't think he'd have gone for Waters, however. At least not early enough to have gotten him.

From everything I've read, Bush to Miami was a done deal early, but post-Shapiro-gate, he really was looking elsewhere...Golden and the staff just closed on him hard and got him into the fold.

If Shapiro-gate never happens, he is probably a 'Cane regardless, but with Shapiro-gate, our class, with Randy, is probably a **** mess.

This thought occurred to me a while ago and made me cringe immediately...

I think Tracy Howard would be here too if Shannon was still here, but that would have nothing to do with Shannon's recruiting prowess IMO.

Really? Why? Randy never got top CBs other than Brandon Harris, whose dad worked with Randy.

Kids like Howard Tend to go to FSU, not UM.

Really? Why? Randy never got top CBs other than Brandon Harris, whose dad worked with Randy.

Kids like Howard Tend to go to FSU, not UM.

Agreed. Add in the drama-momma and I find it even harder to imagine corch going all in to land this kid.

Advertisement
As my favorite ATLien likes to say, this class will live and die by Golden and Co's ability to evaluate and develop. I'm in praying mode that this proves to be a winning formula.

What's the story on TE Sean Price he doesn't like UM at all?
He is a soft commit to USF and sounds like he is waiting for a better offer to come along..
He plans to major in business and reports a 3.5 core GPA and an 18 ACT.

I don't know if we would've gotten him, but I feel like we would have had a better shot with Goldman. For whatever reason, it seems like he was more of Shannon fan, than Miami fan to me.

Advertisement
I don't know if we would've gotten him, but I feel like we would have had a better shot with Goldman. For whatever reason, it seems like he was more of Shannon fan, than Miami fan to me.

We are in his top 4 in mid January. How much more of a better shot do you want?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back