2012 Commitment List

jwd, I was using the highest star rating across all sites. The rankings for the early offers and rumored interest are from scout because I haven't gone back and looked at other ones yet.

The only reason I didn't do average star ranking is right now, not all of the sites have their rankings and evaluations updated. Still some NR and unranked players on various sites, especially with the late evals of schools...so I just went with the highest star ranking for the time being. Maybe after signing day, we can put together the average star rating. But right now, it'd probably just be a waste of your time.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Also, fellas...if there are players missing from here in any regard, by all means, let me know so I can add them. I'm kind of browsing the databases and the forums for threads involving certain players to add. But, obviously...I'm...only...one...man...so if you have anymore, let me know. Maybe with a link of said rumored interest or offer. If it is premium, just "summarize".

Thanks 561.

Last edited:
Agree with Alex. Losing Leggett hurts a ton. If I was a top corner like Tracy Howard, I'd be all over Miami. You look at that depth chart and you can start from day 1. Don't understand why a kid from down here wouldn't jump at that opportunity.

Advertisement
Nice work Larry. Golden with another 3+ weeks to close out the class is going to be special. Can we have 11 EE's or are those the ones who have the option of coming in the spring? 11 seems a bit too high.

Losing Leggett really hurts

Would like a TE, DT, and Safety to end the class

I'm thinking similar...

We need another tight end in this class, but at the end of this cycle, if that is our only complaint when we already have five on the roster, all of which will have one more year of eligibility after this upcoming season, we'll be alright.

I think we could use one more defensive lineman with SIZE. It can be a jumbo end or a tackle or a nose, but someone with some size at the position.

One more defensive back would be really nice as well, especially a high end one, and there are several out there left on the board that will come down to the end.

Offensive line, especially the interior would be nice.

One more running back would be nice as well, as you can never add too many playmakers at Miami. LSU had a plethora of runners, many underclass players, shine.

Underrated area of need going into signing day is just a pure linebacker. Burgess no longer in the mix and Keith Brown joining him in Louisville, I just think we need one more pure linebacker, even moreso if Northrup leaves, which is very possible at this point. We lack bodies and talent at linebacker. Important for specials at the very least.

And yeah, Leggett was that pure corner that would have really fit in well with this class. You have a couple of high end athletes like Bush and Jean-Louis, and then a nice pure corner like Davis, but Leggett would have fit in nicely in that group. It fit well.

Last edited:
Nice work Larry. Golden with another 3+ weeks to close out the class is going to be special. Can we have 11 EE's or are those the ones who have the option of coming in the spring? 11 seems a bit too high.

They are possible EE's. A lot of this stuff comes down to the wire where these kids need to take one more class or are rushing to finish a few online...nothing is for certain with those guys until the deadline.

Advertisement
Larry I just noticed these visits not on your list did they cancel or something??

TE Guito Ervilus 1-13-2012
OT Ryan Brodie 1-27-2012
DE/DT Darius Hamilton 1-27-2012

The 27th has a couple of studs coming in..
Too bad Al didn't move some of the kids on the 20th over on the 27th to help sway them..

DE Leonard Williams ★★★★ 1-27-2012
OT Ryan Brodie ★★★★ 1-27-2012
DE/DT Darius Hamilton ★★★★★ 1-27-2012

Last edited:
Curious to know what folks think of the following: which of our recruits would the former staff have gone after, and which would have signed under the former staff? IMO it's a small number of currently committed kids who would be here under Randy. I got Johnson, Flowers and Bush as likely, with a reasonable chance at Isidora, Terry, V. Davis, and perhaps Moore. Northrup is possible too I guess given Barrow connection. Not Hamilton as he seems to have soured on the effort of guys under Randy.

Advertisement
Ethnicsfnyc, no chance does the staff go after Vernon Davis. "Too small". No chance they have the foresight to go after Gabriel Terry. They may have landed Flowers, but would not have offered him nearly that early in the process.

Duke Johnson, Keith Brown, Willie Bailey, Herb Waters, James Burgess, Eric Kinsey, Amari Cooper, and AJ Leggett (provided grades) are guys I'd think would be in this class if Randy was still here.

I don't see any way Shannon would have gotten Bush. He would have given up after the investigation news came and Bush started looking around.

Ethnicsfnyc, no chance does the staff go after Vernon Davis. "Too small". No chance they have the foresight to go after Gabriel Terry. They may have landed Flowers, but would not have offered him nearly that early in the process.

Duke Johnson, Keith Brown, Willie Bailey, Herb Waters, James Burgess, Eric Kinsey, Amari Cooper, and AJ Leggett (provided grades) are guys I'd think would be in this class if Randy was still here.
Bush is local and says he committed to UM because he wants to put Miami back on top. That's a kid Shannon gets, IMO.

Vernon Davis has a better frame than the little CBs Shannon avoided, and our need is just so dire this year that IMO he would have gotten through.

Terry they'd have stumbled onto in January.

Don't think he'd have gone for Waters, however. At least not early enough to have gotten him.

Advertisement
I don't get much into recruiting, but for all of you who do how is this class looking so far?

IMO its looking pretty good, and given the cloud of shapiro/sanctions and a crappy season, I'd give the staff very good grades for what they've done this year.

It's deep with guys who can be contributors. It's also just a large class, and some of the kids who are seen as lower ranking are coloring some people's views of it. It's probably light on sure fire kids other than duke Johnson, but there are literally a dozen or more kids who may be front line types. I think there's more potential in this class than we're used to seeing, but whether it pans out will be a function of how well this staff evaluates as many of those kids weren't hotly recruited by other high majors.

Last edited:

Bush is local and says he committed to UM because he wants to put Miami back on top. That's a kid Shannon gets, IMO.

Vernon Davis has a better frame than the little CBs Shannon avoided, and our need is just so dire this year that IMO he would have gotten through.

Terry they'd have stumbled onto in January.

Don't think he'd have gone for Waters, however. At least not early enough to have gotten him.

From everything I've read, Bush to Miami was a done deal early, but post-Shapiro-gate, he really was looking elsewhere...Golden and the staff just closed on him hard and got him into the fold.

If Shapiro-gate never happens, he is probably a 'Cane regardless, but with Shapiro-gate, our class, with Randy, is probably a **** mess.

Just a random observation...

If I were to guess at the last four spots.

A running back, a tight end, a defensive lineman, and a defensive back.

Advertisement
Back