2011 SoFla 4&5 Stars

Any of you guys sticking up for Randy during this Golden fiasco....why dont you yummy the **** down on that info for a little bit

Advertisement
The first two years of Jimmy Johnson's recruiting was probably a lot worse--much worse. I used to look at the classes for '85 and '86 and was amazed at how few turned out to be contributors, yet they formed a core of the '88 team, which almost won a NC, and the '89 team that did. Some were major players on the '87 NC team, like Greg Mark, Steve Walsh, Bobby Garcia, and a few others. We added just enough with those teams to patch a few holes and take us to the top. What we need is a series of very strong classes in a row, and make sure that we fill needs. I think Al is doing that. He just has to fix the defense.

Advertisement
Current Senior and Junior classes were a disater and it was not AG's fault. Thats a big part of why the team is still struggling on the field.

It also still gives me hope AG can get the job done but confidence is falling.

Clearly 2010 and 2011 crippled us. Can't blame Al for those. 2012 was better than I thought considering all the frigging nosie from certain people about AL not recruiting So Fl-- of course Duke get a lot of credit for that class. 2013, the administration had hard top on the self-impose, plus the never ending ncaa thing looked its darkest then. 2014 looks promising. Clearly we are missing some but it is much better and not over yet. Would really like to get Valentine back in.

Tacoi Sumler was a friend of mine at Columbus. He was never really looked at. He had an offer but that was the extent of his recruitment. He is 5'9 so of course he was too short right? NO! That kid broke the record at the Nike SPARQ camp the summer before his senior year by running a 4.29 in the 40! Speed is why he went to Oregon, it should have been the sole reason we made him a priority. Could have had him instead of Dorsett. Use him as a CB, although his hands were really good, as a PR/KR or even as a slot receiver and on reverses. Just get the ball in his hands.

He had a good career at Oregon right? NO! He transferred. To Appalachian State! You prefer him over Dorsett....

I rarely post but **** your posts are annoying, chill with the exclamation points! And please, when you do post at least have a point to make.

Also. I'm sure you are fine with the countless dropped balls Dorsett has had in his career here. 2 in the first quarter against ND as a small example. Solid dude! Simply saying Sumler transferred from Oregon is your point to attack mine. You don't even know the story as to why he transferred. Don't mean to be rude, but for real dude no need to attack me either.

Wasn't trying to be an ******* just saying chill with exclamation points and be more concise when trying to make a point. My bad if you thought I was attacking you.

Character issues are a big part of talent evaluation. If your point was that we should have recruited Tacoi over Dorsett then I strongly disagree cuz of that. There are many great talents but off the field issues have kept them from maximizing it. Ive got no issues with not taking a chance on a kid like that.

Also, Dorsett has had a decent career so far with another season to add on to that. He won't go down as an all time great but he's been serviceable for us. Hankerson had some major drop issues as well and turned it around his senior year. I think he can have a big year similar to 2012 (842 yards is pretty **** good).

Shannon was to blame for 2011. He had like four commitments in December 2010. That's borderline negligent.

I've been critical of our South Florida recruiting, but I will say that the numbers you posted are trending up.

What an odd, yet timely use of the phrase "trending up".

Advertisement
Tacoi Sumler was a friend of mine at Columbus. He was never really looked at. He had an offer but that was the extent of his recruitment. He is 5'9 so of course he was too short right? NO! That kid broke the record at the Nike SPARQ camp the summer before his senior year by running a 4.29 in the 40! Speed is why he went to Oregon, it should have been the sole reason we made him a priority. Could have had him instead of Dorsett. Use him as a CB, although his hands were really good, as a PR/KR or even as a slot receiver and on reverses. Just get the ball in his hands.

He had a good career at Oregon right? NO! He transferred. To Appalachian State! You prefer him over Dorsett....

I rarely post but **** your posts are annoying, chill with the exclamation points! And please, when you do post at least have a point to make.

Also. I'm sure you are fine with the countless dropped balls Dorsett has had in his career here. 2 in the first quarter against ND as a small example. Solid dude! Simply saying Sumler transferred from Oregon is your point to attack mine. You don't even know the story as to why he transferred. Don't mean to be rude, but for real dude no need to attack me either.

Wasn't trying to be an ******* just saying chill with exclamation points and be more concise when trying to make a point. My bad if you thought I was attacking you.

Character issues are a big part of talent evaluation. If your point was that we should have recruited Tacoi over Dorsett then I strongly disagree cuz of that. There are many great talents but off the field issues have kept them from maximizing it. Ive got no issues with not taking a chance on a kid like that.

Also, Dorsett has had a decent career so far with another season to add on to that. He won't go down as an all time great but he's been serviceable for us. Hankerson had some major drop issues as well and turned it around his senior year. I think he can have a big year similar to 2012 (842 yards is pretty **** good).

It's all good dude. The thing is that in High School, Tacoi wasn't a problem, it was something that happened while at Oregon. Maybe wrong crowd, I don't know for sure, but it wasn't like he had a reputation for being in trouble. It also wasn't the reason they didn't recruit him. The staff's reasoning at the time was that he was too short. I'll take that speed all day.

Shannon was to blame for 2011. He had like four commitments in December 2010. That's borderline negligent.

I've been critical of our South Florida recruiting, but I will say that the numbers you posted are trending up.

I was trying be nice

LOL. You must have been fore shadowing

It's all good dude. The thing is that in High School, Tacoi wasn't a problem, it was something that happened while at Oregon. Maybe wrong crowd, I don't know for sure, but it wasn't like he had a reputation for being in trouble. It also wasn't the reason they didn't recruit him. The staff's reasoning at the time was that he was too short. I'll take that speed all day.

This is obviously personnel for you.
If you look at the 2 players from a pragmatic standpoint, they are pretty much the same player from physical measurables.
Both are short, speed guys, but Dorsett has had the better career against better competition.

If you are implying that we missed on Sumler by taking Dorsett, than the production doesn't justify that comment.

Advertisement

Actually if shannon wasn't fired he would have closed very well in that class to be fair...

False. The class was falling apart. The only guy he had was Bridgewater. He didn't even look at Freeman and some of those other guys.

I agree. Can't teach speed like that. I remember watching Tacoi and thinking that he was going to be the perfect fit up in Oregon. Wish it would've worked out for him.

Actually if shannon wasn't fired he would have closed very well in that class to be fair...

False. The class was falling apart. The only guy he had was Bridgewater. He didn't even look at Freeman and some of those other guys.

IIRC, Randy had only one OV set up as of the day he was fired. ONE. The only thing Randy was closing very well that year was his tenure as Head Corch.

Advertisement

This is obviously personnel for you.
If you look at the 2 players from a pragmatic standpoint, they are pretty much the same player from physical measurables.
Both are short, speed guys, but Dorsett has had the better career against better competition.

If you are implying that we missed on Sumler by taking Dorsett, than the production doesn't justify that comment.

It's not all that personal, I'm just saying we missed on another SFLA guy.

You are right that Dorsett has had the better career, but if Tacoi hadn't gotten in trouble, and developed at Oregon, who knows what he would have become. We will never know

I agree. Can't teach speed like that. I remember watching Tacoi and thinking that he was going to be the perfect fit up in Oregon. Wish it would've worked out for him.

Me too! He epitomized an Otegon type player! Guy didn't need jukes, although he had those too, to get open.

Advertisement
Back