2011 Recruiting Class (Al's "3rd Year" related)

To the OP, I must have missed the thread where Canes are yapping about Golden's initial recruiting after taking over for Shannon. From my vantage point, Shannon's tenure was a dumpster fire laid over Coker's train wreck. No question.

Yet, I see this as a pivotal season for Coach Golden - senior qb, experienced OL, lots of players coming back who have played, and a favorable schedule. I expect this to be a 10 win season (including the bowl game) barring some sort of unforeseen injuries that fundamentally change our roster. I won't b*tch if we only get to 9 wins; I'll be disappointed if we only get eight, but short of that (i.e., 7-4 again) I believe would be cause for concern.

As it stands today, however, I am very optimistic about our chances at an ACCC and BCS bowl berth, and I truly believe that Coach Golden has the program headed in the right direction.

**I did not mention it but I the ncaa's witch hunt is another wildcard that could potentially impact our season.

Advertisement
This thread is so stupid it feels silly even responding. No need to trash or bury Randy. He's a South Florida kid, played for the Canes, loyal assistant earned his strips and had his shot at the head job. Unfortunately, it didn't work out no matter how you measure it: wins-loss, his ability to sell the program, recruiting, player development and, yes, even his oversight in terms of NCAA rules and regulations. All very sad, but true.

This thread is so stupid it feels silly even responding. No need to trash or bury Randy. He's a South Florida kid, played for the Canes, loyal assistant earned his strips and had his shot at the head job. Unfortunately, it didn't work out no matter how you measure it: wins-loss, his ability to sell the program, recruiting, player development and, yes, even his oversight in terms of NCAA rules and regulations. All very sad, but true.

Why the **** was he hired to be the HC at Miami?

Advertisement
Back