2004 or 2014: Which Roster has more Talent?

Got to go with 2004. Please note that 2004 lacked the classic monster DTs just like today. Plus crappy HC that could not adjust to simple fact that the only QB he had could not take snaps under center. Put Berlin in the gun the whole game an offense would have been fantastic. Still weak at DT, but so much other talent it was not as apparent. The most telling thing is the number of highly ranked young players on 2004 who ended up horrible disappointments(not all of them, but many). That was the kill shot for the program. The young guys were more girl than stud. I think the young guys in 2014 will end up much better than those of 2004.

Advertisement
2004 for sure 2014 roster doesn't have 10 1st rounders like 2004

2004 had 5 future 1st rounders. Beason, Meriweather, Olsen, Rolle, and Jennings. That's a bit of exaggeration buddy.

Actually Parish, Beason, Gore, Hester, Rolle, Merriweather, Jennings, Olsen and Campbell makes 9 off by 1 on Winston. Not really an exaggeration whatsoever that team was stacked more than you remember.

Last edited:

wait until 2018 to make such comments because there is definitely 1st round talent on this roster and you have no idea how this incoming freshman class will develop

I did not say that this year's team is not talented and I hope in 18' we can look back at all the 1st round talent and say this year was the turning point. But I do doubt development or not we will be able to say this team had 9 1st rounders 7 of which are pro bowlers with 2 future HOF ers like Gore and Hester. But I am fairly cynical by nature.

Last edited:

2004 had 5 future 1st rounders. Beason, Meriweather, Olsen, Rolle, and Jennings. That's a bit of exaggeration buddy.

Actually Parish, Beason, Gore, Hester, Rolle, Merriweather, Jennings, Winston, Olsen and Campbell makes 10. No exaggeration whatsoever that team was stacked more than you remember.

Parrish, Gore, Hester, Winston and Campbell were all taken in the 2nd or 3rd round. 5 1st rounders was the correct number.

Advertisement

Actually Parish, Beason, Gore, Hester, Rolle, Merriweather, Jennings, Winston, Olsen and Campbell makes 10. No exaggeration whatsoever that team was stacked more than you remember.

Gore, Hester, and Parrish wasn't first rounders.... Matter of fact.... Neither was Campbell

Parrish, Gore, Hester, Winston and Campbell were all taken in the 2nd or 3rd round. 5 1st rounders was the correct number.

I corrected my post I was wrong I remembered later about Winston in the 3rd but I completely forgot how far some of those guys fell. Well the Bears, 49ers got two HOF'ers and the Cardinals got a steal in the 2nd.

I really like this team, however, not versus the 2004 team. next year's team, if the 2015 class turn out like we hope. Next's team could really continue the trend we are currently seeing.

Agreed ^^^ I have rewatched some of the games and highlights from that team for fun and in some ways I guess to torture myself and be reminded what a true swarming, disruptive, agressive and ball hawking Miami D should look like.

Advertisement
2004 was a 9-3 year correct? The record could have been worse had it not been for devin hester in several games.

I believe it is closer than some think.

Okay this will be good to look back after this season but i think you guys are going too far about the "glory" of the 2004 skill positions

Roscoe Parrish 43 Rec, 693 Yds, 16.1 Avg lead the way for receivers. i think Coley & Dorsett puts up better number than that.

At TE if you ask "Who is better" then yes i will give it to 2004, but if you say "who will put up better numbers" it hink we will do better than Everett 23 Rec, 310 Yds, 13.5 Avg that year.

Gore ran for 197 Att, 945 Yds, 4.8 Avg. duke almost had those number in 7 games last year. I hope either Gus or Yearb can give us the 500 Moss rushed for

We had some great names in our back 7 that year so i will give each one of them the win until i see it for this 2014 team

11 on 11 i give it to the 2004 team because the trenches was nasty & we wouldn't stand a chance there. i think its close then you might think though

Last edited:
Advertisement
Okay this will be good to look back after this season but i think you guys are going too far about the "glory" of the 2004 skill positions

Roscoe Parrish 43 Rec, 693 Yds, 16.1 Avg lead the way for receivers. i think Coley & Dorsett puts up better number than that.

At TE if you ask "Who is better" then yes i will give it to 2004, but if you say "who will put up better numbers" it hink we will do better than Everett 23 Rec, 310 Yds, 13.5 Avg that year.

Gore ran for 197 Att, 945 Yds, 4.8 Avg. duke almost had those number in 7 games last year. I hope either Gus or Yearb can give us the 500 Moss rushed for

We had some great names in our back 7 that year so i will give each one of them the win until i see it for this 2014 team

11 on 11 i give it to the 2004 team because the trenches was nasty & we wouldn't stand a chance there. i think its close then you might think though

numbers may be similar with roscoe but i seem to believe he was more of a game changer then both coley(now) and dorsett now....remember that va game that year and that peach bowl game against those *******
gore....2 trn acls and still balled out(ill take gore) but duke isnt a slouch and ill never say he is

2004 was a 9-3 year correct? The record could have been worse had it not been for devin hester in several games.

I believe it is closer than some think.

no its not.....only the louisville game is when his returns where needed

numbers may be similar with roscoe but i seem to believe he was more of a game changer then both coley(now) and dorsett now....remember that va game that year and that peach bowl game against those *******
gore....2 trn acls and still balled out(ill take gore) but duke isnt a slouch and ill never say he is

Roscoe Parrish might be my favorite miami hurricane of all time. But ur talking out of your *** with some of these statements. I'm not even gonna waste my time doing this, but go back and compare roscoe's freshman year with coleys. No way coley isn't atleast on par with roscoe as a playmaker

Advertisement

Roscoe Parrish might be my favorite miami hurricane of all time. But ur talking out of your *** with some of these statements. I'm not even gonna waste my time doing this, but go back and compare roscoe's freshman year with coleys. No way coley isn't atleast on par with roscoe as a playmaker

if u noticed...i said coley(now)...meaning i feel he is just touching the surface.....and i wasnt talking about roscoes freshman year, we were talking about the 04 season, which was roscoes jr year.....Read please

Kelly Jennings doesn't get drafted before the 3rd/4th round on this team. I think some of those guys got drafted a little higher than they may have deserved coming off the run we had 00-03. JMHO.

2004's team would ***-rape any team Al Golden has put on the field. Basically the only guys from the 2014 squad who would play on the '04 team are Coley, Howard, Duke, and Flowers. All of them except for Coley would be back ups, though I could see Duke splitting time with fat Frank Gore. Howard might start too. He is probably better than 2004 Kelly Jennings.

Advertisement
Back