2000 Miami staff

Advertisement
@dsddcane U disagreed w my post brotha; correct me where I was wrong.
I didn't wanna call attention to it but for me brother it starts as far back as cokers staff which was initially stacked. The issue was the same thing alfraud ran into where your head man has a vision which you as a staff whether you agree or not are responsible to push. Coker it was immediately crystal clear he was in FAR over his head. Yet he didn't wanna come off as the bigger issue so he looked for scapegoats. Some good dudes fell on the sword for his ***. Alfraud had a couple of real ones too and some very competent football minds. The issue alfraud had was he was forcing a lower tier/Ivy league scheme on kids who were lost in that. He failed them personally in many ways but mainly because as a coach you adapt to your players. He expected the exact opposite. Richt is the one I really disagree with though. He had one of the best staffs we've seen here in a long time. Off rip we knew lil Johnny shouldn't have been employed and hindsight tells you gus was a horrible hire as well. But beyond that and depth with support staff pretty **** good. For the sake of not starting an argument with people on here now I won't point out the differences I would've gone with at certain positions cause at the end of the day they weren't necessarily an issue.

I didn't wanna call attention to it but for me brother it starts as far back as cokers staff which was initially stacked. The issue was the same thing alfraud ran into where your head man has a vision which you as a staff whether you agree or not are responsible to push. Coker it was immediately crystal clear he was in FAR over his head. Yet he didn't wanna come off as the bigger issue so he looked for scapegoats. Some good dudes fell on the sword for his ***. Alfraud had a couple of real ones too and some very competent football minds. The issue alfraud had was he was forcing a lower tier/Ivy league scheme on kids who were lost in that. He failed them personally in many ways but mainly because as a coach you adapt to your players. He expected the exact opposite. Richt is the one I really disagree with though. He had one of the best staffs we've seen here in a long time. Off rip we knew lil Johnny shouldn't have been employed and hindsight tells you gus was a horrible hire as well. But beyond that and depth with support staff pretty **** good. For the sake of not starting an argument with people on here now I won't point out the differences I would've gone with at certain positions cause at the end of the day they weren't necessarily an issue.
Dee, outside of Coach Kul, Brown, who else?
Golden did have a couple of good guys on staff, but that was far in between.
Regarding Coker’s staff, I can see that. I think u shared that a lot of his staff fell on the sword for him.

I know u’re closer to the program, but man I’m just not seeing the praise for Richt’s staff. Baby Richt, Dugans, Rumph (sorry brotha), Patke, Searels, etc....man, I just don’t see the love.

This was a great staff. Butch was a great coach and nice guy. I spoke with him at Hecht Center before the 2000 season began. They had a list goals on a whiteboard for the 2000 season. The FSU game had an asterisk next to it. The goal was to average 300 yards passing and 200 yards rushing per game. The staff knew how loaded they were at the running back position. James Jackson, Najeh Davenport, Clinton Portis, and Jarrett Payton. Plus they had Willis MacGahee as a true freshman and DJ Williams playing some fullback for the year.
Not as loaded as a few years later.

Advertisement
Curtis didn't get there until 96...Charlie Williams was there in 95....
I met CJ in the UM VIP press box at the OB right after the ‘89 SDSU game. He was still an assistant at SDSU but came up to visit Dennis and Bob Bratkowski. CJ was an old Erickson guy, having played for him at Idaho or someplace like that. CJ was originally from New Orleans and recruited Marshall Faulk to SDSU. I think Dennis plucked Curtis from New Orleans to play in the Pacific Northwest.

Advertisement
that's a **** good staff, always liked Schiano as DC.....Soldinger was a stud,Chud was an HC in NFLCurtis Johnson had a good NFL career Pagano was an NFL HC...... seems like Butch knew as much about staff as he did personnel

I recall Soldinger biitching because with the sanctions - they didn't have enough players to scrimmage.

That's how bad it was.

And some pudpullers suggest Butch walked into a dynasty! Wow.

Advertisement
Back