20 years ago those SOB's stole our 6th Natty and purposely blew out McGahee's knee

My brother and I were in the end zone upper deck 100+ yards away.

Our section was cheering and hugging for what seemed like 5 minutes before someone noticed the "fix was in" flag.

Worst hangover of my life
We may have been in the same section….

Advertisement
The Fiesta Bowl should never have come down to a blown call anyway. Miami was a much better team at almost every position. The problem was the Larry Coker/Chudzinski offense was really reliant on being able to establish the run and everything else was built off that. OSU made a concerned effort to sell out against the run and after Willis got hurt, Miami was in big trouble . Their front 7 overwhelmed our OL and our coaches had no answer. If the offensive line couldn’t dominate the opponent, the entire offense stalled

The Fiesta Bowl should never have come down to a blown call anyway. Miami was a much better team at almost every position. The problem was the Larry Coker/Chudzinski offense was really reliant on being able to establish the run and everything else was built off that. OSU made a concerned effort to sell out against the run and after Willis got hurt, Miami was in big trouble . Their front 7 overwhelmed our OL and our coaches had no answer. If the offensive line couldn’t dominate the opponent, the entire offense stalled

Agreed.... but there was one more all-time stupid decision Coker made that many forget.

The entire week, the reports coming out of practice was that Gore was 100% recovered and the 1st team defense couldn't contain him.

After McGahee got criminally assaulted, Coker never put Gore in. Coker said, because he wanted to save Gore's redshirt.

Cost us our championship... and Gore left with another year of eligibility.

Hot Shots Idiot GIF

Yes, there was a questionable PI call that the Canes got away with earlier in that game, but that’s more than balanced out by the injury to McGahee and the unwillingness of the Refs to let the two teams just play through.

Monstrously unfair call. However, a better coaching staff would have been able to steady the team and prevent the theft. Butch wasn’t coaching us at the time, if you’ll recall. Had he been, I don’t even think we’re in overtime against that OSU club.

Still, Karma’s a ***** and it’s nice to see that God will not be mocked, even by Taint.
To be real that play should have never happened. It was a delay of game that the refs missed.

Advertisement
Now they are crying like the entitled sorry *** bytshez they truly are.

These mother f-ers are the LAST SOB's who should EVER complain about officiating.

So let's all as Canes fans, raise our glasses, along with the great Willis McGahee and toast Ryan Day for leaving it to a whiffed 50 yard field goal that fell flat as the New Year rang in at the same time.

And I hope every O$U* fan ends 2023 the way it started.

MISERABLE!!!
6A0E750E-D56E-4FFD-991C-844BFBDE5F4F.jpeg

michigan is back to beating their asses

osu is back to losing in the playoffs

good news

Now they are crying like the entitled sorry *** bytshez they truly are.

These mother f-ers are the LAST SOB's who should EVER complain about officiating.

So let's all as Canes fans, raise our glasses, along with the great Willis McGahee and toast Ryan Day for leaving it to a whiffed 50 yard field goal that fell flat as the New Year rang in at the same time.

And I hope every O$U* fan ends 2023 the way it started.

MISERABLE!!!

And a certain CIS poster was there in Arizona watching it all twenty years ago.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Clappy was out corched by Tressel in that game. We are always out couched even though in most seasons we have superior talent.

Since Sam left the history of hiring head corches has to be the worst stretch in college football history.

Advertisement
Back