2 year haul - AG's foundation going forward

I believe we're doing the best we can with the looming sanctions. Sure they might be minimal (as I believe they will), but the looming threat combined with the **** poor win loss record, don't bode well. We're looking at a 4-5 year rebuilding plan, and we need 8 wins next year in the worst way. I'm not sure we'll get them, but we need them, and Al Golden NEEDS to coach that young team up to 8 wins, or he's looking at being dismissed in year 4 of his tenure. Just my 2 cents.

Advertisement
Golden has brought in 7 DTs (Smith, Grimble, Pierre, King, Alexis, Moore, Briscoe) in 2 years to try to fix the mess Shannon created. I think he's done a good job so far considering how many holes there were/are in the roster.

Probably one of the tougher times to recruit to Miami since 1980 considering we have sanction over our head and haven't been relevant in 10 years.

Not just the looming sanctions whether mininal or not, we had a damaging expose throughout the national media.

If we can just beat the Virginias, Boston Colleges, Wake Forests of the world on a consistant basis we are ACCCG/BCS bound. Simple as that. Difference is, the quicker we can move pass the sanctions, the quicker we can focus on the team and not have distractions.

The ONLY thing I'm skeptical with Golden is his player development. That's my biggest concern and most important issue to address. Golden has shown is a capable head coach and I love his passion and dedication, but I hope he has a staff in place that can develop the athletes.

DE - Hoilett, O'Donnell, Hamilton | Chickillo, Williams
DT - Moore, Briscoe| Grimble, Pierre, King, Alexis

This is what will make us or break us. I have some suspicions, although I really like the Briscoe pickup.

Advertisement
Don't sleep on Herb Waters....the kid can play....

At RB, the only game breaker on that list is Duke Johnson.
At WR, Dorsett is a game breaker. I also like Jones and Lewis from the incoming class.
At DE, Chikillo has the potential to get there.
At LB, you have Perryman who played almost lights out for a true FR

Two nice pickups today IN SPITE of the apparent insurmountable cloud of looming sanctions.

Don't think the sanctions are insurmountable, but we'd definitely have a few different kids if not for sanctions. We were in on a few guys that wrote us off immediately when the yahoo story came out.

Advertisement
we have 6 ESPN top 150 kids committed, OSU has 4. We have 8 four star kids, OSU has 7 per ESPN rankings.

Scout has OSU top guys better than ours, but ESPN has our top guys grading out right with OSU. Either way, we are recruiting well enough to win the ACC which should be the goal, since you know we have never done it and Randy couldn't get it done. Once we start winning the conference and playing in championship games and then BCS games then recruiting can get back to elite levels.

OSU and USC were not coming off a decade of never winning their conference. Quite the opposite in fact. We literally haven't been good OR won anything significant since the 2004 Peach Bowl win. Thats 7 seasons of really not one accomplishment worth noting. Four of those 7 were your boy Randy. One was Golden, and very likely he will add another year to that next year. If we don't accomplish anything in his 3rd year then I will start to get worried. The exact same criteria I applied to Randy.

Last edited by a moderator:
it's not like OSU has a whole state that produces a lot of talent to cherry pick people from

Advertisement
Back