2 weeks ago

The board was elated to beat Clemson, the standard bearer in the ACC for a decade running. We came back, didn’t quit, and our OL and DL took it to them. We credited Cristobal for recruiting the right players and building something.

Losing to NCSU didn’t change that. We handled the lines in that game. TVD is really just that bad. Unbelievable what’s happened to him.

Don’t lose sight that this roster is still significantly better than last year’s, and next year’s will be even better.

Cristobal is not a good coach, he’s a great recruiter. He hit a home run with Guidry. Dawson is tbd, TVD is just that bad. We are stuck with Cristobal for a very long time and we just have to hope we get a QB worth a **** to come here. Everything is else is coming into place.

Don’t expect anything against FSU. Defense will play well but will sadly give up once they realize the offense isn’t doing anything thanks to Van Dimes.

As always, Go Canes
You didn't tell any lies but my concern is how is Cristobal going to keep recruiting at an elite level when he keeps going through an OC each year? How is he going to recruit the type of explosive and elite skill position players to come here if he keeps proving that he is kryptonite to QBs and the offense he obviously wants to run makes Andy Ludwig seem wide open?

Advertisement
It’s true. It’s ok to admit that this team has made progress in important areas (line of scrimmage, effort and attitude) while also admitting we have a ways to go in others (quarterback, cornerback, and smart situational football).

I’m actually really optimistic about the future. I think our problems are fixable in one offseason. I also completely get the frustration on the board about losing to nc state and the way the offense has looked.

We need to nail this recruiting class and we need to nail it in the portal, and I think this team is close. But I completely understand why people would be ****ed off at the present moment
I understand your position but again my concern is how we are going to continue to improve in the areas that we need to improve in like elite skill position players and QBs if this is the product that they are seeing? Honestly what elite playmakers at WR and QB are going to trust Mario when what he has shown on offense since being here has been absolute garbage with the exception of our first 4 games this season? Add to that the fact that if Ghandi is right and Dawson leaves at the end of the year, what are these recruits going to think of a HC that goes through a different OC every year?

Herculean effort, to beat a mediocre team.

Same with TAMU...

Both were still good wins given the circumstances surrounding our recent history with both teams, but it has to be noted that every game we’ve played after the bye week, has been a complete clunker Offensively, win, lose or draw.

Obviously, our QB having an existential crisis has nuked our entire season, but I’m skeptical that all of the sudden turns around in the last 3 games of the season & that’s not even stumbling into the unforeseen variables that can/will take place by the time August 2024 rolls around.
If Clem had a QB, they would’ve beat us like a pimp does a hooker.

If Clem had a QB, they would’ve beat us like a pimp does a hooker.
Well they dominated FSU and ND, I was at FSU game, still not sure how they lost that one. Clemson owned ND up front where NDs strength is.

Clemson fans were very complimentary of Miami's OL and RB's, and DL. One local radio guy said Clemson doesn't get pushed around at the LOS like they did against Miami. They were very impressed with Miami LOS.

Also as far as passing that was one of Klub better performances of year. 314 yards with 2 TDs.

Not physical enough for NC State though
Miami won LOS in N. C. State game. Also N. C. State is a very physical team at LOS. That's why they have competed well against Clemson thru years.

Miami controlled game flow, more first downs, more RB rushing yards, TOS, problem was our QB handed them ball multiple times.

Advertisement
one rule of Miami football fandom is we can never be good on both sides of the ball at the same time. Very much looking forward to next year when we go 7-5 because we fixed the offense and the defense fell apart.

Another rule: there’s always an excuse for the coach.

one rule of Miami football fandom is we can never be good on both sides of the ball at the same time. Very much looking forward to next year when we go 7-5 because we fixed the offense and the defense fell apart.

Another rule: there’s always an excuse for the coach.

This is exactly why you hire a head coach who is a badass at one side of the ball. Then you know that side will always be good and the HC only has to hit on one coordinator hire. Which obviously is much easier than have to nail 2 coordinator hires, which is what Mario has to do.

The team is better. The QB play the last 2 weeks has overshadowed that. But you can’t go in the tank to end the season. Even if you lose to FSU, it’s gotta be competitive and you have to win the last 2. That will show me we’re still on the right track. Getting steamrolled the last 3 games will give me much hesitation about the long-term outlook of the program.

There’s a quarter of the season left to play. Go play well and fight.

TVD and offensive game plan + Mario 2 to 3 brain farts per game give me little confidence for the rest of the season

Guidry and the defense are the only thing I can get emotionally invested in

Well they dominated FSU and ND, I was at FSU game, still not sure how they lost that one. Clemson owned ND up front where NDs strength is.

Clemson fans were very complimentary of Miami's OL and RB's, and DL. One local radio guy said Clemson doesn't get pushed around at the LOS like they did against Miami. They were very impressed with Miami LOS.

Also as far as passing that was one of Klub better performances of year. 314 yards with 2 TDs.
He made several ill advised calls in that game. Our DL shut down their run game completely.

Advertisement
It’s MC Year 2. At one point we seemed to be ahead of schedule. Now we are back on schedule. UM is not an overnight project. Lots of pieces still need to fall in place. My goal for this season has been 8-4. Still attainable. LFG!!

The victory concession to FSU is pathetic but quite similar to TAMU & Clemson.

I mean, post after post...frail fans folding like lawn-chairs before kickoff.

This is a great opportunity to play Miami Hurricane Football.

I'm excited to watch our guys compete and firmly believe we can win if Tyler takes what the defense gives him.

Miami won LOS in N. C. State game. Also N. C. State is a very physical team at LOS. That's why they have competed well against Clemson thru years.

Miami controlled game flow, more first downs, more RB rushing yards, TOS, problem was our QB handed them ball multiple times.
Mario we scored 1,2,3,4,5,6 points.

Confused Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

Advertisement
Mario we scored 1,2,3,4,5,6 points.

Confused Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter
Yes because our Veteran QB underthrew an open George in the endzone on a redzone pass.

Our Lou Groza award semi finalist missed a very makeable FG.

We didn't make a 4th and 1 at the 3 yard line. We also handed them 3 points on another INT where they ran it back to IIRC inside our 10 yard line.

Definitely a ton of improvement from last year in a lot of areas. My concern is that we could potentially be on to our 3rd OC in as many years (if rumors are true) and we have projects at QB. That combo could set us back significantly in the next 2-3 years, especially when it comes to recruiting elite talent on the offensive side of the ball.

The board was elated to beat Clemson, the standard bearer in the ACC for a decade running. We came back, didn’t quit, and our OL and DL took it to them. We credited Cristobal for recruiting the right players and building something.

Losing to NCSU didn’t change that. We handled the lines in that game. TVD is really just that bad. Unbelievable what’s happened to him.

Don’t lose sight that this roster is still significantly better than last year’s, and next year’s will be even better.

Cristobal is not a good coach, he’s a great recruiter. He hit a home run with Guidry. Dawson is tbd, TVD is just that bad. We are stuck with Cristobal for a very long time and we just have to hope we get a QB worth a **** to come here. Everything is else is coming into place.

Don’t expect anything against FSU. Defense will play well but will sadly give up once they realize the offense isn’t doing anything thanks to Van Dimes.

As always, Go Canes
I really have nothing to compare this to in my mind with TVD I’m trying to but he’s just so bad. ******* Greg Poulis from duke going to play 1 year of QB at Syracuse was better then TVD rn

Advertisement
How much we scored in regulation? 17, then OT death struggle at home to 2 win UVA..

17 in regulation against a Clemson defense with a true freshman quarterback making his first-ever start and working off a limited offensive playbook. Sort of a valid stat.

Funny how we always look at things from our perspective and not an opponents' as Clemson fans are sitting there minds blown that they had a 17-7 fourth quarter lead and somehow Miami rallied for ten points—with said true freshman quarterback in his first start—only to see overtime and stuffed on 4th-and-Goal from the 1-yard line when their starting quarterback decided to pull it and run for the pylon.

Advertisement
Back