2 weeks ago

go_canes_17

Sophomore
The board was elated to beat Clemson, the standard bearer in the ACC for a decade running. We came back, didn’t quit, and our OL and DL took it to them. We credited Cristobal for recruiting the right players and building something.

Losing to NCSU didn’t change that. We handled the lines in that game. TVD is really just that bad. Unbelievable what’s happened to him.

Don’t lose sight that this roster is still significantly better than last year’s, and next year’s will be even better.

Cristobal is not a good coach, he’s a great recruiter. He hit a home run with Guidry. Dawson is tbd, TVD is just that bad. We are stuck with Cristobal for a very long time and we just have to hope we get a QB worth a **** to come here. Everything is else is coming into place.

Don’t expect anything against FSU. Defense will play well but will sadly give up once they realize the offense isn’t doing anything thanks to Van Dimes.

As always, Go Canes

Advertisement
Cristobal has increased size and physicality of this team. We don't beat A&M or Clemson without that.

We used to get murked at the LOS in every big game we played against good teams like Clemson, Wisconsin, Alabama, LSU.

Now we win LOS more than we don't.

Need to embrace scoring as many points as possible, keep adding real talent.

Last edited:
Cristobal has increased size and physicality of this team. We don't beat A&M or Clemson without that.

We used to get murked at the LOS in every big game we played against good teams like Clemson, Wisconsin, Alabama, LSU.

Need to embrace scoring as many pints as possible, keep adding real talent.
Oh I have a feeling we may be downing some pints, all right.

The team is better. The QB play the last 2 weeks has overshadowed that. But you can’t go in the tank to end the season. Even if you lose to FSU, it’s gotta be competitive and you have to win the last 2. That will show me we’re still on the right track. Getting steamrolled the last 3 games will give me much hesitation about the long-term outlook of the program.

There’s a quarter of the season left to play. Go play well and fight.

Exactly.

This season is still painful given the GT debacle and what’s transpired with TVD since then, but the lines look so much better.

12 turnovers in 3 games is just an insane stat.

Would love to see Jacurri run in this one. The pressure is all on FSU so really there’s nothing to lose if you’re Miami and Cristobal/Dawson. You’re huge underdogs, your QB stinks… just go for it and don’t play like a *****

Advertisement
All we need is a very smart qb with a decent arm who doesn't turn the ball over and we will start winning most of our games. Go find me a ken Dorsey nerd type and we can win with him all day. I'll also take a Lamar Jackson type as well. just saying lol.

Van Dimes.
Van Pennies
Van Refund
Van Debt
Van Doink
Van DooDoo
Van Son-of-a-
Van Turnover
Van Bimmer
Van Mope

Anything but Van Dimes.

Taking "Dimes" like Deebo took Reds chain.
Grandma Chain GIF

The board was elated to beat Clemson, the standard bearer in the ACC for a decade running. We came back, didn’t quit, and our OL and DL took it to them. We credited Cristobal for recruiting the right players and building something.

Losing to NCSU didn’t change that. We handled the lines in that game. TVD is really just that bad. Unbelievable what’s happened to him.

Don’t lose sight that this roster is still significantly better than last year’s, and next year’s will be even better.

Cristobal is not a good coach, he’s a great recruiter. He hit a home run with Guidry. Dawson is tbd, TVD is just that bad. We are stuck with Cristobal for a very long time and we just have to hope we get a QB worth a **** to come here. Everything is else is coming into place.

Don’t expect anything against FSU. Defense will play well but will sadly give up once they realize the offense isn’t doing anything thanks to Van Dimes.

As always, Go Canes
How do you feel about cristobal as a talent evaluator? You mention you feel he is not a great coach but a great recruiter and TVD is just that bad. Wouldn’t a good talent evaluator who is a great recruiter see this and replace him with a more talented player?

Advertisement
Advertisement

Not physical enough for NC State though

I can’t speak for anybody else but myself...

I was happy we beat Clemson because we hadn’t done that in 12 years.

But, are we going to act as if that game didn’t need 2 Overtimes in order for us to score 28 points & as if the Offense wasn’t completely listless until literally the 4th quarter & Overtime periods where the field is shortened???

The NC State game was not something that just happened, it was something that had been happening since GTech.

I try really hard to be like a lot of you guys & just ignore what I see every Saturday pretending that everything is fine & we’re just gonna start winning out of nowhere while still playing like dogsh*t, but my brain won’t let me. I haven’t figured out how to shut off the critical thinking valve in my cerebrum; When I see how awful we look, I can’t look at that & expect not to continue to see us play that way, because that’s kinda what we keep doing every game... It’s very weird.

Advertisement
I can’t speak for anybody else but myself...

I was happy we beat Clemson because we hadn’t done that in 12 years.

But, are we going to act as if that game didn’t need 2 Overtimes in order for us to score 28 points & as if the Offense wasn’t completely listless until literally the 4th quarter & Overtime periods where the field is shortened???

The NC State game was not something that just happened, it was something that had been happening since GTech.

I try really hard to be like a lot of you guys & just ignore what I see every Saturday pretending that everything is fine & we’re just gonna start winning out of nowhere while still playing like dogsh*t, but my brain won’t let me. I haven’t figured out how to shut off the critical thinking valve in my cerebrum; When I see how awful we look, I can’t look at that & expect not to continue to see us play that way, because that’s kinda what we keep doing every game... It’s very weird.

We also needed 3 turnovers just to get that game to overtime.

I was happy to beat Clemson, but for a large part of that game we didn't try to win it, just stay in it. It's was maddening to watch. I didn't walk away from that game thinking we were good, but more so that Clemson wasn't the same Clemson we were used to.

Everything isn't coming together, not even close. I would say we aren't improving this season offensively, defensively is still up in the air.

I'd also say Mario isn't an elite recruiter. NIL and winning are elite recruiters, in particular NIL. You're only as good as your NIL budget allows and we're lacking in that department. It is what it is.

We also needed 3 turnovers just to get that game to overtime.
Herculean effort, to beat a mediocre team.

Same with TAMU...

Both were still good wins given the circumstances surrounding our recent history with both teams, but it has to be noted that every game we’ve played after the bye week, has been a complete clunker Offensively, win, lose or draw.

Obviously, our QB having an existential crisis has nuked our entire season, but I’m skeptical that all of the sudden turns around in the last 3 games of the season & that’s not even stumbling into the unforeseen variables that can/will take place by the time August 2024 rolls around.

It’s true. It’s ok to admit that this team has made progress in important areas (line of scrimmage, effort and attitude) while also admitting we have a ways to go in others (quarterback, cornerback, and smart situational football).

I’m actually really optimistic about the future. I think our problems are fixable in one offseason. I also completely get the frustration on the board about losing to nc state and the way the offense has looked.

We need to nail this recruiting class and we need to nail it in the portal, and I think this team is close. But I completely understand why people would be ****ed off at the present moment

Advertisement
Back