2 things from the game

Until the OL gets better, either through more experience or through acquisition of more talent, people are going to be repeatedly wondering the same thing about Enos.

You can only out-scheme a terribly deficient OL up to a point. Jarren’s inexperience isn’t helping either.
How much more OL talent do we need to acquire to beat up on powers lie central Michigan

Advertisement
I'm finding it hard to justify Enos as anything more than a good QB coach. Someone please prove me wrong AND I'll giving him the QB props. Jarren might've been this good all along and Richt Jr just held him back last year so honestly.... What is Enos doing?

What Enos is not doing is successfully auditioning for a head corch job.

Enos is actually a good playcaller. It’s just his scheme requires a good oline to work. I know of a scheme that is designed to level the playing field of a bad oline. A version of that scheme once had the best offense in the nation with literally nothing but 3 star olinemen
And before 3 seasons ago, when we could hire an 11th assistant, a guy was sitting in Richt's office.

If the defense didn't stink we'd be undefeated and nobody would be ****ting on Enos. I don't watch the game and think play-design or call is our biggest problem.

Advertisement
Dollar Tree coaching staffffffffff!!!!!!!!!!
Yep. What is this? About the 4th such staff in a row? These guys are a mediocre FCS staff and that’s about it. I have the feeling that this school WANTS things this way. They just WILL NOT HIRE anything better. They want the program deemphasized and mediocre. You can’t tell me the money isn’t there. We could have had Mullen several years ago or someone of at least Leach’s caliber. Maybe they were afraid of Leach’s personality, but there are other coaches out there and available that they could get. Miami just doesn’t want a football team anymore. They don’t even seem to want a good academic school, either.

You still dont let them get raped when you can adjust play calls to avoid it

These only so much you can do when the line is that historically bad. You can (a) take some of your best receivers (Brevin, DJ, Mallory) out of the pattern and go max protect, or (b) shorten your drops and go "dink and dunk". People on this board have railed about both.

And don't think opponents haven't noticed it. They've adjusted accordingly (except Bethune who just didn't have the talent). If you're that obviously flawed, they don't have to be particularly astute or particularly talented to limit an offense. If you yourself don't have much talent, the answer is to go spread. But as you go up in competition and play teams that match up speed wise, the spread doesn't do so well.

There is no silver bullet to fix it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
1. Oline regressed and looked terrible
2. Enos is a terrible play caller. A good oc will disguise weaknesses. So far this dude just exposes his own offenses weaknesses every game.

Oline didn't regress.... they just went up against a mid level college team as opposed to the high school team from last weekend.

Advertisement
Back