2 things from the game

Advertisement
I'm finding it hard to justify Enos as anything more than a good QB coach. Someone please prove me wrong AND I'll giving him the QB props. Jarren might've been this good all along and Richt Jr just held him back last year so honestly.... What is Enos doing?

Advertisement
Advertisement
penos.jpeg

Williams continues to refuse to throw the ball away and holds it forever. But, admittedly, our freshman left tackle got taken to school today. All day. There are no deep balls when sitting on your butt after 2 seconds. I want to say run 2 tight ends more but 85 can't block a lick. Not even on punts.

Enos is actually a good playcaller. It’s just his scheme requires a good oline to work. I know of a scheme that is designed to level the playing field of a bad oline. A version of that scheme once had the best offense in the nation with literally nothing but 3 star olinemen

1. Oline regressed and looked terrible
2. Enos is a terrible play caller. A good oc will disguise weaknesses. So far this dude just exposes his own offenses weaknesses every game.
@DMoney and the others told us we sold him from saban and he was going to turn our offense around quickly.

Advertisement
Until the OL gets better, either through more experience or through acquisition of more talent, people are going to be repeatedly wondering the same thing about Enos.

You can only out-scheme a terribly deficient OL up to a point. Jarren’s inexperience isn’t helping either.

Advertisement
Enos called a playaction draw with this OL while we were on our 6 hardline. What planet is this guy on?

This is what the people who saw we just need better players can’t see.

It’s the same type of stuff Richt would do.

He calls some good stuff and we move the ball. Then he out of nowhere just makes a TERRIBLE situational call that makes ABSOLUTELY ZERO SENSE. The offense completely loses rhythm and momentum and the drive stalls or worse.

The inability to accept the players he actually has vs the philosophy he believes in is the undoing of most every coach that can’t sustain success long term in any one job.

They always go against the grain and pay the price with ****** results. It really is one of the main differences between overachieving programs and underachieving programs.

We won’t be Oklahoma or Wisconsin with the current oline, but we can better. We are two different teams in the same game based on the play calling sequence.

It has been obvious what our offense is best suited for since Richt’s first season and everyone can see it but the coaches and talent worshippers.

Enos is actually a good playcaller. It’s just his scheme requires a good oline to work. I know of a scheme that is designed to level the playing field of a bad oline. A version of that scheme once had the best offense in the nation with literally nothing but 3 star olinemen

You have taken a lot of flack on CIS, but you absolutely called this in the offseason and you were right.

I was high on Enos in the offseason.

I figured he would run an offense more like Bama but he hasn’t changed at all from Arkansas.

The thing that is most disappointing is he CAN design and call good stuff from shotgun. He just would rather go down with the ship than make a radical adjustment to his philosophy.

Advertisement
Back