2 spots left

I'll go all in...the last 2 spots go to Howard, Young, Clemons, Goldman and Crawford. Positive thoughts until the 1st.

Advertisement
31 commits, 8 EE so a max of 33 players this class. Depending on what happens with Northrup, that could be 3 spots

Who gets the last 2/3 spots?

Not necessarily. Some kids may not make it or be asked to grey shirt.

You have to believe Howard and Young have a spot if they want in.

Crawford probably has a spot as well. Otherwise, why risk getting your scholly pulled by GT?

The Williams boys while improbable are not impossible. It is likely neither of those guys would be turned away.

That's at least 5 potentially, which would bring the total numbers up to 36. If seven are allocated towards last year, then this year's number is 29. Four kids could be asked to greyshirt or outright dropped.

There is also the possibility of decommits. Briscoe, Northrup, McCord to a lesser extent.

Concerning the roster, I have 65 going into the Spring. Assuming the remaining 24 come in the fall, that would bring the roster up to 89. At least four kids on the current roster will not be here next fall.

I don;t think we would do that. 8 kids are in as EEs so we can only take 33 kids max.

31 commits, 8 EE so a max of 33 players this class. Depending on what happens with Northrup, that could be 3 spots

Crawford probably has a spot as well. Otherwise, why risk getting your scholly pulled by GT?

The Williams boys while improbable are not impossible. It is likely neither of those guys would be turned away.

That's at least 5 potentially, which would bring the total numbers up to 36. If seven are allocated towards last year, then this year's number is 29. Four kids could be asked to greyshirt or outright dropped.

There is also the possibility of decommits. Briscoe, Northrup, McCord to a lesser extent.

Concerning the roster, I have 65 going into the Spring. Assuming the remaining 24 come in the fall, that would bring the roster up to 89. At least four kids on the current roster will not be here next fall.

I don;t think we would do that. 8 kids are in as EEs so we can only take 33 kids max.

I think only 7 can count towards last year's total. So we can only take 32 max without over signing.

That means they can only take one commitment unless they have some decommits.

Crawford is probably almost certainly in. That would put us at 32. Do you think they would turn Howard, Avery, LWilliams, PJ Williams, Hamilton or Harvey-Clemons away if they wanted to come?

I think only 7 can count towards last year's total. So we can only take 32 max without over signing.

Crawford is probably almost certainly in. That would put us at 32. Do you think they would turn Howard, Avery, LWilliams, PJ Williams, Hamilton or Harvey-Clemons away if they wanted to come?

even if they wanted to come, we're capped by the 25 number. So unless you have kids greyshirting, there's no way. We'll lose a kid or 2 to academics but you don't know that until the summer

We will definitely be cutting some dead weight from the roster so that will probably open a couple more spots

Advertisement

even if they wanted to come, we're capped by the 25 number. So unless you have kids greyshirting, there's no way. We'll lose a kid or 2 to academics but you don't know that until the summer

I was referring taking the commitments of more than 32 (that's the number) total kids this year and waiting for academic casualties or asking some kids to greyshirt. You said you didn't think we would do that. I thought you meant we wouldn't take an excess of 32 commitments come signing day.

Basically, for the guys left on the board, there are not only 2/3 spots available. If we have a fantasy close of 5-6 studs, they will take spots.

Last edited:

I agree!
I counted 16 players against the books last year which gives us 9 EE's we could take...
Since we have 8 EE's that means 33 is all we can take, 25 (ncaa limit) + 8 (EE's) = 33 total.
The EE's count against last year total not this year's..
Al Golden said that 32 will be leaving if that is true that still puts us under the 85 limit I think..
Someone correct me if I am wrong but these are the numbers I see..

I agree!
I counted 16 players against the books last year which gives us 9 EE's we could take...
Since we have 8 EE's that means 33 is all we can take, 25 (ncaa limit) + 8 (EE's) = 33 total.
Al Golden said that 32 will be leaving if that is true that still puts us under the 85 limit I think..

I got 17 homey.

1) Dorsett
2) Scott
3) Wells
4) Chickillo
5) Pierre
6) Williams
7) Grimble
8) King
9) Smith
10) Johnson
11) Perryman
12) Paul
13) Finnie
14) Crawford
15) Ambrister
16) Goudis
17) Botts

Was one of the early enrollees allocated to the previous year?

Advertisement

I agree!

I got 17 homey.

1) Dorsett
2) Scott
3) Wells
4) Chickillo
5) Pierre
6) Williams
7) Grimble
8) King
9) Smith
10) Johnson
11) Perryman
12) Paul
13) Finnie
14) Crawford
15) Ambrister
16) Goudis
17) Botts

16 sign on NSD and we had late additions and some were EE which counted against 2010 class..
I don't remember who the EE's were from last year though, maybe someone can refresh my memory?
Also when a kid transfers from another school how is that applied to the current recruiting class?
I just read a article on the 7th floor that basically says the same thing but does not list the prospects..
http://www.seventhfloorblog.com/2012/1/19/2718243/miami-hurricanes-recruiting-update

I agree!

I got 17 homey.

1) Dorsett
2) Scott
3) Wells
4) Chickillo
5) Pierre
6) Williams
7) Grimble
8) King
9) Smith
10) Johnson
11) Perryman
12) Paul
13) Finnie
14) Crawford
15) Ambrister
16) Goudis
17) Botts

I'm pretty sure Finnie, Botts, and Smith all counted towards the 2010 class.

Advertisement
I suspect that Lockhart, Thompson and possibly Hope and Northrup could be the odd men out if necessary to make room for any of the big fish Miami is still heavily recruiting. With 2 potential non-qualifier/gray shirts, there could be 5 additional commitments between now and NLI day.

8 confirrmed EE plus 25 = 33 kids that enroll by August. We have 31 commits. We will probably have at least 1 decommit and 1 grade casualty meaning we probably could take 4 additional commits.

Looks like Leonard Williams and Goldman are out

Crawford
Young
Howard
Darius White
Hamilton
Carroo

For the 2 spots plus 1 or 2 remaining...AJL no grades or a Northrup/Briscoe decommit

Advertisement
8 confirrmed EE plus 25 = 33 kids that enroll by August. We have 31 commits. We will probably have at least 1 decommit and 1 grade casualty meaning we probably could take 4 additional commits.

36.gif

I give up. :crownpour:

I agree!

I got 17 homey.

1) Dorsett
2) Scott
3) Wells
4) Chickillo
5) Pierre
6) Williams
7) Grimble
8) King
9) Smith
10) Johnson
11) Perryman
12) Paul
13) Finnie
14) Crawford
15) Ambrister
16) Goudis
17) Botts

I'm pretty sure Finnie, Botts, and Smith all counted towards the 2010 class.

Pierre was also an EE.

Every single year someone is convinced they know the exact #. Can't remember anyone ever being correct. Lots of moving pieces and unknown data.

Every single year someone is convinced they know the exact #. Can't remember anyone ever being correct. Lots of moving pieces and unknown data.

Without a doubt. I gotta credit bomb on this one. I think he's been posting the exact same thing for about 6 years now. Either the NCAA rules on this stuff are very bendable or something, but no one ever seems to have a problem handling the over-flow.

Advertisement
Back